AB BMW Price Reduction?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E28driver said:
Yes but Merc 4-cyl engines sounds exactly like my washing machine.

Prefer the BMW 6-cyl purr anyday.

yup, very true.. at idle sounds like the m40 abit smoother..:(

Further discount: SYT came to see me in my office (I didn't ask her to come) to show me the registration nos for the C230K Elegence pre-regs. She had 8 nos but said they have about 18 units left, all 2006 MY. Offered to install tinting of my choice out of her commission. Said she has to meet her quota and Oct sales have been slow. I guess that's another 2 grand off! Felt bad that I had to say no, so I bought HER lunch instead! ;)

If you have family or friends interested in Mercs, this is the time to go for it! Anyone who hears of price changes from AB, please share. I don't know any SYTs there :p

Guys I driven C230K Advan and E46 325i

To be fair, both are as good. But remember these cars hv different characteristic.

It's really individual preferences. We shouldnt compare 4 cyl with 6cyl.

Therefore, both will delivery their advantages!

As for price and discounts it will always be vary fm time to time. So it's up to you when you signup with the SA.

Believe me,both makes is competing hard on. So anytime is the best time.

Enjoy your ride......

Thanks for sharing your views, everybody. But I have decided against replacing my 5 year old E46 325i as I've heard worrying stories about the economic climate...

Time to consolidate and be prudent, I guess.

I share your predicament with my E46 325i smacking the 5-year old mark last month. Having driven the C230K, I don't think it's a "worthwhile" substitute. I do admit that 3er has a valid point - the C230K has an accomplished ride and muscular yet refined power delivery but it's not really a quantum leap from even the pre-facelift 325i. The E90 325i is somewhat a bigger leap cos I luv the revised steering feel, tighter handling, discernibly better engine performance, greater refinement and I wouldn't mind some extra interior space. So, can anyone confirm the E90 price reduction news?

HI Schwepps

Might be worthwhile to consider it before I book my 325, can you give me the contact for SA for the Merc? RM236 does sound very attractive! :)

Thanks!

Noooo!!! Go for the UDM!! Wait a while to see if there's a price reduction!

Man, the W203 C230K is a good car, but you'll regret buying one in less than a year when the W204 comes out. An old model BM still looks cool. An old model Merc looks....just old.

Sigh! If you must, RM236 is the present C&C price for the pre-reg Elegence. You don't even have to bargain to get that. Just go and hook up with any SA there.

I guess nothing beats the UDM, but I do hope the price can be lower than RM268K, after all within 2 months it's going to a 2 year old car :(

E28driver said:
Yes but Merc 4-cyl engines sounds exactly like my washing machine.

Prefer the BMW 6-cyl purr anyday.

Jeremy Clarkson described the C200 Kompressor (pre-facelift) engine as "a sick Hoover". Haha!

3er said:
Jeremy Clarkson described the C200 Kompressor (pre-facelift) engine as "a sick Hoover". Haha!

JC only likes car with more than
1 300 bhp
2 4 cylinders.

But he does come up with some interesting quotes, doesn't he. :D It's a wonder car companies continue giving cars to them to test-drive given how badly he slags some of the models (esp. cheap SEA ones which will remain nameless)

JC is a boorish bore from a land that has lost it's entire car industry to foreign companies due to backwardness and poor quality. Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize and pretend they're experts.

The Merc 4 pot Kompressors are the most technologically advanced supercharged engines in the world. The twinpulse system and Lanchester harmonic balancers are unique to them. There is no other 4 pot engine in the world that can power a car as heavy as a W211 effortlessly and reliably. I think one should get to know more about Merc 4 pots before one slags them.

Schwepps said:
JC is a boorish bore from a land that has lost it's entire car industry to foreign companies due to backwardness and poor quality. Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize and pretend they're experts.

The Merc 4 pot Kompressors are the most technologically advanced supercharged engines in the world. The twinpulse system and Lanchester harmonic balancers are unique to them. There is no other 4 pot engine in the world that can power a car as heavy as a W211 effortlessly and reliably. I think one should get to know more about Merc 4 pots before one slags them.

.........which does nothing to change the fact that it still sounds like my washing machine :D

The popular notion is, no matter how good a 4-potter is, it will never be as smooth as a six, even if the 4-potter has balance shafts.

I fully agree with you guys that a six, especially a BMW IL6, is anytime smoother and sweeter sounding than any 4-potter. A BMW IL6 is in a class of it's own. But it's not right to slag a great 4-pot just because it's a 4-pot. That's like JC saying that anything below 300hp is a useless piece of turd (another famous phrase) The Merc 4-pot K engines are also in a class of their own.

I have great respect for the engineering prowess and classy products of both companies :)

Schwepps said:
I fully agree with you guys that a six, especially a BMW IL6, is anytime smoother and sweeter sounding than any 4-potter. A BMW IL6 is in a class of it's own. But it's not right to slag a great 4-pot just because it's a 4-pot. That's like JC saying that anything below 300hp is a useless piece of turd (another famous phrase) The Merc 4-pot K engines are also in a class of their own.

I have great respect for the engineering prowess and classy products of both companies :)

JC says the things he says to sell his shows and his magazines. Never met the man before so can't say what he's like in real life!:)

Both BMW and DCM build great cars that are on the cutting edge of technology, so kudos to them! No one who has ever driven in one of these cars can believe otherwise!

I have a W211 and it goes like no 4 potter :). No regrets on not getting the E60. It is also interesting to note that the twin pulse in the C class feels very dif from the E. The E's much better.

Schwepps said:

well said..

i don't know about the I6 sounding sweeter than any 4pot tho..take the EJ20 for instance.granted its a boxer,but its still a 4,and sounds like heaven and hell mixed together..nothing like it..:)

Top Bottom