About BMW Diesel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
azmany72;801432 said:
I regularly get 900kms per tank for my daily drives to Sepang and back to PJ. Would need two tanks on my old e36 325 i6. Drive back to Penang only slightly more than quarter tank. The best things about the d s are, no matter how heavy your foot may be, it has very little effect on the fuel consumption.

Maintenance wise, if you do all the prescribed checks and maintenance, long term should be comparable. Individual parts may be a bit more expensive but only by max 10%. I am pushing 90k kms on my e90 320d and have not had any problems whatsoever (knock on wood x1000). There are others pushing 120k kms and have not heard of any problems as well.

But have to admit, not many workshops know how to take care of the d engine properly. But then we have our friendly forum members to show us the way to the best around.

If you put in a lot of mileage a day then the d is very much a good proposition. Whatever it is, test drive for yourself and see what your personal preference is.

Good review Azman..

"We managed to ask BMW Malaysia about this matter, and it said that that the 10% in B10 is too small to have any significant effect; the company says it has carried out tests and its cars work fine up to B13 (which is a blend of 13% biodiesel and 87% petroleum diesel). The reason that B7 is written on the fuel cap is that in most markets overseas, the biodiesel only goes up to a B7 blend."

Hmm points to ponder.

Guys no need to worry so much about that B10 issue la....\
wont help by worrying....live for today to the fullest...
rempitzzzz..... tapao....:top:

"It was earlier reported that the move towards a B10 blend nationwide (for the non-subsidised sector) would ease the current record high palm oil stock by assisting the removal of crude palm oil stock from the marketplace. It is forecasted that a total of one million tonnes of raw palm oil will be used as material for the said program when it is running."

A bit confusing the statement above. Non subsidised sector would imply diesel at the normal petrol pump is not affected. Only diesel to the industrial players would be under the B10 program.

namidub;805466 said:
"We managed to ask BMW Malaysia about this matter, and it said that that the 10% in B10 is too small to have any significant effect; the company says it has carried out tests and its cars work fine up to B13 (which is a blend of 13% biodiesel and 87% petroleum diesel). The reason that B7 is written on the fuel cap is that in most markets overseas, the biodiesel only goes up to a B7 blend."

Hmm points to ponder.

Better ask 2nd independent opinion. Of course BMW Malaysia will say ok because it will effect them. Same like gear oil change last time. Last time its lifetime no need oil change. Now the oil change is include in BSRI.

Uh, actually the gearbox oil change is not covered under BSRI (I asked AB and Ingress). In fact BMW MY will not honour any warranties on the GB if the dealer changes the oil.

Dealer here meaning?

There should not e any issues if any BMW dealership changes the ATF, in fact I remember seeing their promo to change every 60k km. May be mistaken about the miliege here.

E39er;806098 said:
Uh, actually the gearbox oil change is not covered under BSRI (I asked AB and Ingress). In fact BMW MY will not honour any warranties on the GB if the dealer changes the oil.

Dealer meaning all authorized dealers. BMW MY has sent them a memo apparently instructing them not to change the GB oil. It revokes the earlier instruction to change the oil every 60K-80K km. Dealers are only allowed to change the GB oil on ///M cars (Manual, SMG and DCT). No justification given so your guess is as good as mine.

Change the ATF, then keep quiet la.. Don't tell anyone. Just like a lot of us do when we change engine oil ourselves in between the free ones.

SA told me that they will know if u do ur in between service interval outside. Is that true?

steviey;807208 said:
SA told me that they will know if u do ur in between service interval outside. Is that true?

Don't be so nerd bro...me done that so many time...they have no issue at all..even I put plug and play tuning box...
Trick is do not reset the obd

Wuk51;807212 said:
Don't be so nerd bro...me done that so many time...they have no issue at all..even I put plug and play tuning box...
Trick is do not reset the obd

oh, that sounds good. cos i do not wish drag till 20k km before an oil change. Germans engineers do not know Malaysia. They know their car only :)

steviey;808041 said:
oh, that sounds good. cos i do not wish drag till 20k km before an oil change. Germans engineers do not know Malaysia. They know their car only :)
But out of curiousity why is your car's meter set at every 20,000km? Mine has been always every 10,000km +-1,500km for service.

Game-R;774329 said:
Better fuel consumption.
Handling behavior slightly different because engine is heavier.

bro, can enlighten me on how handling differs between heavier engine versus lighter engine? (e.g the magnesium block engine)

Top Bottom