About BMW Diesel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
namidub;778959 said:
need to learn from this diesel senior! come come lets do diesel technical TT

Bro re7720, E90 juniors willing pay for teh tarek to learn frm e60 big bro :D:

Bro dub, when is next balik kampung trip?

namidub;778959 said:
need to learn from this diesel senior! come come lets do diesel technical TT

Yupe! Agree, really need to buy diesel senior a dinner,
Will definitely join when there is a diesel technical TT. ^_^

r37720;778956 said:
It is DIY.... just a simple job

Senior,
Really? Any guidance?

I would like to learn DIY stuff, because I belive we are the one that love our car most.
If you send to any of the service centre, they don't tread your darling as their darling.

mizhan;778927 said:
the 320d is my daily driver and i travel at least 120kms per day. i very much appreciate a diesel BMW's fuel consumption; everything else is secondary to me..

Batu-20121011-00447.jpg

Bro. mizhan,

True or not?
How to get those figure?
Because no matter how hard I try, my 320d still give me the FC as 7++ l/100km

And My average speed is always 30++ km/h

But your average speed is 97.4 km/h???

That mean most of the time you are speeding man ?

How come your average FC still so close to the figures from BMW?

Chee Huat;779218 said:
Senior,
Really? Any guidance?

I would like to learn DIY stuff, because I belive we are the one that love our car most.
If you send to any of the service centre, they don't tread your darling as their darling.

You'll hate her smell & sound, but once you get behind her (wheel), its pure xtasy :love:

Chee Huat;779219 said:
Bro. mizhan,

True or not?
How to get those figure?
Because no matter how hard I try, my 320d still give me the FC as 7++ l/100km

And My average speed is always 30++ km/h

But your average speed is 97.4 km/h???

That mean most of the time you are speeding man ?

How come your average FC still so close to the figures from BMW?

Can bro, put on aunty dress and hat and cruise on hiway 95% of the time then u'll see those figures :4:

BaddBoyz3;779287 said:
You'll hate her smell & sound, but once you get behind her (wheel), its pure xtasy :love:

Can bro, put on aunty dress and hat and cruise on hiway 95% of the time then u'll see those figures :4:

Hahaha! :) :burnout:

It is quite simple since it does not require any special tools. There are a lot of DIY from BMW clubs overseas. I have done it more than 7 times. I even replaced the swirl flap myself with screws and washers I bought from hardware store.

We can organize TT one fine day when I am in KL

I have remove my swirlflap & install blank plate brought from UK since i get my car last year & it work like a charm & peace of mind driving it.!!
I wonder would it necessary to do it for my later 35D twin turbo X6 ????

you must show off your beast to the diesel TT then SeanWoo. X6 35d twin turbo! :38:

r37720;780149 said:
It is quite simple since it does not require any special tools. There are a lot of DIY from BMW clubs overseas. I have done it more than 7 times. I even replaced the swirl flap myself with screws and washers I bought from hardware store.

We can organize TT one fine day when I am in KL

Where are you normally Bro. r37720?

When is your next trip to KL?

irfan80;797701 said:
Bahaya la thread diesel ni.....felt like being racunned.....tq for the info sifus

:listen: .. indeed bro and once you are hooked on the diesel, thats it! :) ..

diesel save fuel right? Because diesel burn slower compare to petrol. Can reach top speed like petrol car does?

ronaldindin;798162 said:
diesel save fuel right? Because diesel burn slower compare to petrol. Can reach top speed like petrol car does?

Yes bro, diesel saving is very much ... :4: ... speed is no issue bro. The best part of this diesel engine is, the torque that it delivers ...simply awesome :top:

ronaldindin;798162 said:
Top speed can reach, just takes a little bit of time especially at the higher end of the speedometer

docrayboy;775794 said:
Even if I had a 100 million ringgit in extra cash, I would still drive and keep the 320d everyday for life!

Walauweh got $100 mill still drive BMW? Buy helicopter laa

initialM;798582 said:
Walauweh got $100 mill still drive BMW? Buy helicopter laa

thats how doc ray get his $100 Mil use diesel to save money, 1 month diesel use RM 180 only !.

dzuljazz2001;798212 said:
Yes bro, diesel saving is very much ... :4: ... speed is no issue bro. The best part of this diesel engine is, the torque that it delivers ...simply awesome :top:

Even diesel is on RM1.80 per litre? Maintenance wise?

ronaldindin;801426 said:
Even diesel is on RM1.80 per litre? Maintenance wise?

I regularly get 900kms per tank for my daily drives to Sepang and back to PJ. Would need two tanks on my old e36 325 i6. Drive back to Penang only slightly more than quarter tank. The best things about the d s are, no matter how heavy your foot may be, it has very little effect on the fuel consumption.

Maintenance wise, if you do all the prescribed checks and maintenance, long term should be comparable. Individual parts may be a bit more expensive but only by max 10%. I am pushing 90k kms on my e90 320d and have not had any problems whatsoever (knock on wood x1000). There are others pushing 120k kms and have not heard of any problems as well.

But have to admit, not many workshops know how to take care of the d engine properly. But then we have our friendly forum members to show us the way to the best around.

If you put in a lot of mileage a day then the d is very much a good proposition. Whatever it is, test drive for yourself and see what your personal preference is.

Top Bottom