BMW have launched four new diesel models here in Malaysia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
dzuljazz2001;606761 said:
Salam n good greetings aminamshow .... yes you can and a bit of extra care will help your care last longer .... diesel, be it Malaysian or not will not damaged your engines ...your attitude towards maintaining your car will determine the life of its engine ... I hv been on diesel for more than 3 years and I hv my moneis worth ... :):)
btw.....since this is your 1st post, I presume you are new here. Kindly do an intro at the newbie section the soonest you can .... :):):)

Does it cost more to maintain a diesel or a petrol engine?

affan66;606931 said:
definitely a diesel but not a big cruiser. more like a smaller pocket rocket la bro dzul... maybe a 1 or a 3 or an X in a few years time when Euro 4 or 5 is out

Once a diesel-lover always a diesel-lover!!!

TMYK;606937 said:

At least from the official dealers in Malaysia, the service interval is shorter (15k km for diesel vs. 20k km for petrol). I'm not sure what the official requirements are elsewhere.

dzuljazz2001;606761 said:
Salam n good greetings aminamshow .... yes you can and a bit of extra care will help your care last longer .... diesel, be it Malaysian or not will not damaged your engines ...your attitude towards maintaining your car will determine the life of its engine ... I hv been on diesel for more than 3 years and I hv my moneis worth ... :):)
btw.....since this is your 1st post, I presume you are new here. Kindly do an intro at the newbie section the soonest you can .... :):):)

Hi, I am Kin, newly joined this forum. Based on the conversations which I found here, it seems like an UK BMW X6 30d will work for malaysia diesel and all i need to do is to remove the diesel particulate filter, am i right?? This malaysia diesel will not ruin the engine in a long run. My questions are (1) after removing this diesel particulate filter, do i need to retune the engine?; (2)after retuning the engine, will this affect the power and performance of the engine?? Thank you:)

Kin;664099 said:
Hi, I am Kin, newly joined this forum. Based on the conversations which I found here, it seems like an UK BMW X6 30d will work for malaysia diesel and all i need to do is to remove the diesel particulate filter, am i right?? This malaysia diesel will not ruin the engine in a long run. My questions are (1) after removing this diesel particulate filter, do i need to retune the engine?; (2)after retuning the engine, will this affect the power and performance of the engine?? Thank you:)

The BMW Malaysia guys we know told us our diesel quality is not good enough for the twin turbo bigger than 2l diesel engines.....with or without the DPF. Don't bring it in.

docrayboy;664105 said:
The BMW Malaysia guys we know told us our diesel quality is not good enough for the twin turbo bigger than 2l diesel engines.....with or without the DPF. Don't bring it in.

Thank you very much for the info. My X5 and X6 dreams crashed:'( don't know what model to bring back to malaysia.

Kin;664315 said:
Thank you very much for the info. My X5 and X6 dreams crashed:'( don't know what model to bring back to malaysia.

Bring in the biggest of the X5 or X6 petrol engines models if you have APs.

astroboy;459175 said:
Aiyoo.... that's the 320d that can run 1,500km on a single tank of diesel, so I only pump once in 1.1 month.. why so late only introduce.. :(

Any comment on how they cope with local diesel?

Got imported diesel meh?.???

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
Aiyoo.... that's the 320d that can run 1,500km on a single tank of diesel, so I only pump once in 1.1 month.. why so late only introduce..

Any comment on how they cope with local diesel?

Get the F30 320d next year, astroboy! Still not too late!

TMYK;606937 said:

About the same bro, like I hv said earlier, be it diesel or petrol, properly maintain it, and it will save u a bundle on unnecessary repairs... :4:

docrayboy;664348 said:
Bring in the biggest of the X5 or X6 petrol engines models if you have APs.

It's very hard to get BMW X6 petrol in UK...99.99% of the people in UK are using the diesel X6..moreover I only got student AP which only entitle me to bring second hand car back to Malaysia only...headache bro...don't know what car to bring back to malaysia..what is your recommendations??

Kin;664381 said:
It's very hard to get BMW X6 petrol in UK...99.99% of the people in UK are using the diesel X6..moreover I only got student AP which only entitle me to bring second hand car back to Malaysia only...headache bro...don't know what car to bring back to malaysia..what is your recommendations??

Most people I know bring back the most expensive BMW there is/can afford, and sell it later when the AP rules allow. Definitely not the time to bring in the big diesels. Not tested. If you get problems, it will be never ending visits to the workshop.

Bring this back....

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/17/2012-bmw-m5-makes-north-american-debut-at-laguna-seca/

i myself would choose an m5 if the price is lower than a f10 even though its a recond/ preowned:listen: lots of ppl looking for m5 in malaysia too..

Top Bottom