About BMW Diesel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi this is the downpipe and it comes with O2 sensor plugged but mine don't comes with O2 sensor
imag1310.jpg

Soon will be installing performance exhaust and upgrade the turbo impeller with billet type

Mel279 said:
I didnt measure it, should be around 2". I order it from UK
Ok thanks, the preferred diameter for my diesel I know is 2.75" but in Malaysia it is hard to get this size for the exhaust piping. Normal sizes are 2.5" and 3".

Mavik said:
Ok thanks, the preferred diameter for my diesel I know is 2.75" but in Malaysia it is hard to get this size for the exhaust piping. Normal sizes are 2.5" and 3".
Just order it, you won't find it here

Mavik said:
There isn't a 2.75" downpipe available about.
maybe can request the size you required. My intention of installing this so my turbo can breath better and increase the lifespan. I have installed the EGR bypass, so I wont polluted my engine with those nasty gas.

Mel279 said:
maybe can request the size you required. My intention of installing this so my turbo can breath better and increase the lifespan. I have installed the EGR bypass, so I wont polluted my engine with those nasty gas.
Wouldn't your turbo breathe better via the air intake as well as improving on the intercooler? The exhaust is more of the fart instead of breathing in...

Mavik said:
Wouldn't your turbo breathe better via the air intake as well as improving on the intercooler? The exhaust is more of the fart instead of breathing in...
you don't understand,I would suggest that you found out about what EGR is and you'll be surprise what it does to the engine. And also have a look at the DPF filter which I have replace it with downpipe. All information can be found in youtube.

Mel279 said:
you don't understand,I would suggest that you found out about what EGR is and you'll be surprise what it does to the engine. And also have a look at the DPF filter which I have replace it with downpipe. All information can be found in youtube.
Yup, my DPF has been removed (all DPF are removed for cars here in Malaysia) and the current downpipe diameter on a stock car is currently at 2.25".

So how does swapping down to a smaller diameter help breathe?

You talk so much about the EGR, so kindly explain how in changing the downpipe, helps your engine breathes better?
egr_0001.jpg

Please enlighten us rather than just asking us to search YouTube without any links or reference?

I am very interested to know because I am looking to get more horsepower out of my N47 engine. Currently pushing around 205ps on wheel on the dyno.

Mavik said:
Yup, my DPF has been removed (all DPF are removed for cars here in Malaysia) and the current downpipe diameter on a stock car is currently at 2.25".

So how does swapping down to a smaller diameter help breathe?

You talk so much about the EGR, so kindly explain how in changing the downpipe, helps your engine breathes better?
egr_0001.jpg

Please enlighten us rather than just asking us to search YouTube without any links or reference?

I am very interested to know because I am looking to get more horsepower out of my N47 engine. Currently pushing around 205ps on wheel on the dyno.
Thank you for your interest on knowing these stuff with regard to the downpipe size, I dont really mind much about the size, as long as the DPF is not there, its good for me. I've include here the video of the x3 egr valve removed for cleaning, just have a looks at those crap in it, and image those crap are being put into the intake manifold for a long period. The EGR is a Exhaust Gas Re-circulation in which there's a small pipe from the exhaust manifold is fed through the EGR cooler and goes back to the intake manifold via EGR valve. The EGR bypass and sometimes called EGR delete, it blocks the exhaust gas from goes into the EGR, since mine is a e46, so I dont have a sensor for it. It also stated that EGR reduce engine efficiency and I found thats somewhere but not sure where.
here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQx_fx8VKY0&spfreload=10

This is the EGR bypass I mention earlier
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-318d-320d-330d-330xd-320cd-318td-320td-EGR-BLANK-BYPASS-REMOVAL-KIT-/321546068022?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4adda3a036&vxp=mtr

I see you're looking to increase the performance of your n47 engine, if you could find the hybrid turbo for that, should get maybe more than 200hp which proper tuning and other upgrade parts like downpipe, performance exhaust, performance intercooler and lastly a remap is much better than tuning chip as it calibrate your engine to its maximum efficiency and performance, at the same time reduce wear and tear. Hopefully you can understand what Im trying to tell you.

Have a look at this video also and skip to 15:00 and he will explain what EGR do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNO-oUHmKXU&list=UUjkRtweVg7T_mvrDpavvsJg

Yup, deleting the DPF helps a lot. But as I have mentioned earlier here, all of the diesel cars here in Malaysia brought in by BMW already have the DPF removed due to our usage of Euro2 diesel (300ppm of sulphur).

What you are talking about is removing your EGR valve completely by using a kit. How many valves does your engine use at the moment?

Well thats good, mine still got the DPF intact but now replace with the downpipe already. My engine only have 1 EGR and yes I use EGR bypass or delete kit.

Top Bottom