30,000km service interval?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kcdd9333

Hi all sifus here. Need your opinion and guidance. My last service (my 2nd service) at Quills on 10/2013 is about 37,770km and been advise for next service another 20k km, means next service should be around 57,770km. So I went for the service and the technical advisor say I'm not qualify yet as the red indicator not turn on yet.

So my question is:
1) Even before 50,000km mark, the dashboard show 2000km to go but this figure never change till now. Is this normal?

2) the technical advisor tell that's the service should be 67,770km, cuz they set the interval to 30,000km!!! That's another reason why i can't claim service under BSRI. I wanna to ask all sifus here how much the interval you guys go for servicing.

3) And even when I'm reach 67,770 km later i still claim under BSRI cuz already over 60k mark. Means i only enjoy 1 time free service! x_x'

hello kcdd9333

kindly proceed to the newbies section and introduce yourself.

many sifus here will be delighted to offer their views to you.

thank you

kcdd9333 said:
Hi all sifus here. Need your opinion and guidance. My last service (my 2nd service) at Quills on 10/2013 is about 37,770km and been advise for next service another 20k km, means next service should be around 57,770km. So I went for the service and the technical advisor say I'm not qualify yet as the red indicator not turn on yet.

So my question is:
1) Even before 50,000km mark, the dashboard show 2000km to go but this figure never change till now. Is this normal?

2) the technical advisor tell that's the service should be 67,770km, cuz they set the interval to 30,000km!!! That's another reason why i can't claim service under BSRI. I wanna to ask all sifus here how much the interval you guys go for servicing.

3) And even when I'm reach 67,770 km later i still claim under BSRI cuz already over 60k mark. Means i only enjoy 1 time free service! x_x'
1) The standard procedure now is when the dashboard shows less than 1000km then you can bring it in for service
2) I am unaware that they set it to 30,000km. Sounds quite unreasonable. You can opt to do your interval servicing outside as well.
3) No, you can't claim BSRI after the 60k km mark.

Hi bro how old is your car? AFAIK the cars that came out later in 2013 had their timer set to 12k km interval...I have a 316i and was loaned a brand new 320d which also shows the 12k km service interval.

beemerback said:
hello kcdd9333

kindly proceed to the newbies section and introduce yourself.

many sifus here will be delighted to offer their views to you.

thank you
Ok, will do.

Mavik said:
1) The standard procedure now is when the dashboard shows less than 1000km then you can bring it in for service
2) I am unaware that they set it to 30,000km. Sounds quite unreasonable. You can opt to do your interval servicing outside as well.
3) No, you can't claim BSRI after the 60k km mark.
1) But i have drive more than 10,000km but the figure still remain the same (2000km) nod just remain there.

2,3) Means the BSRI just a talk.

seancorr said:
Hi bro how old is your car? AFAIK the cars that came out later in 2013 had their timer set to 12k km interval...I have a 316i and was loaned a brand new 320d which also shows the 12k km service interval.
20 months.

I called Wearnes Autohaus today, the answer is 12k. How come mine set to 30k? If they make it 20k I also consider reasonable high (BMW ma...) cuz the engine temperature going higher now, mere to 120degree (Never before).

My understanding is car mfg after may 2013 comes w 12k interval. Prior to this is 30k. No logic behind but this is what I was told before I signed on the dotted line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to send your car back to Wearnes for a check and to reset the service intervals to 12000.

if your car service interval is pre-set at 30k, this is impossible to reset to 12000. i just send my car to Wearnes to do service last month, they reset it and system showed 23000km, travelled around 1000km and the interval changed few days ago, guess what, it turn to 24000km :motz:

My front and rear brake pads were showing 2200KM to replacement intervals.....almost 5,000KM ago. Was told they will only change once IDrive prompts it when they turn orange. Maybe I'm not braking hard enough hence it's still quite thick.

pchan1 said:
My understanding is car mfg after may 2013 comes w 12k interval. Prior to this is 30k. No logic behind but this is what I was told before I signed on the dotted line.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But the 1st service they set it 20k. Now they set to 30k. If so better set to 60k mark when we take the car... No need to service, yehhhh.

kcdd9333 said:

So my question is:

my interval is set for 9k only. so far i have done 2 services. 1st at 9k, 2nd at 18k. autobavaria KL. and yes under bsri, free of charge, they even washed my car :)

im also confused here, as i remember last time when i received the car, SA said 12k. but my idrive stated 9k. when it reached 9k and over, i went for service, no question asked and they changed the oil.

My f30 also has a 30k service interval. I had one service done under BSRI at 32k and the next service is after the 60k BSRI. So effectively I only manage to get 1 free service under BSRI. And worse still my front brake pad is due for replacement in 2k km as indicated in iDrive when my mileage was 35k km but after 15k km on there is still no warning sign come on. I hope and pray that the warning sign will come on before the 60k BSRI is up or else I will have to pay for myself. I feel cheated. IMHO instead of BSRI, BMW should give how many times of free service instead. No need to wait for the warning light to come on. Customer can choose to service earlier if they choose to. Warranty should be as usual practice based on years or mileage whichever comes first.

in anyway 30,000km service interval is an absurdity in our climate. i will never observe this. my usual practice is about 6000km to replace oil and filter.
2 years or 60000km is a blink in the eye to pass and bmw knows the chances of its cars breaking down during these period are low. after this period, boy you are on your own.

my take is if you really want to keep your car longer and in pristine condition, do the necessary. dont wait for bsri.

when you are having trouble after the warranty (even though you stick with the "recommended" service interval) they will quote you an enormous repair bill or do what bmw wants you to do....change to a newer car la....Lci :67:

Didn't anyone tried to pursue this case whereby there is a discrepancy between same models for 12k and 30k mileage? Logically and speaking common sense - all cars should have standard service intervals and its clear that no car can survive a 30k service interval in such conditions here in Malaysia. I think you can bring this to the tribunal and seek what you are entitled to have in the first place.

seancorr said:
Didn't anyone tried to pursue this case whereby there is a discrepancy between same models for 12k and 30k mileage? Logically and speaking common sense - all cars should have standard service intervals and its clear that no car can survive a 30k service interval in such conditions here in Malaysia. I think you can bring this to the tribunal and seek what you are entitled to have in the first place.
I am not a lawyer but I think it's difficult as we have signed and agreed with these terms and conditions before we purchase. Buyers beware. Don't simply sign without understanding.

when i complained, they offer me 20% discount on my next in between BSRI service ... its programmed into the car spec so cannot change.. :102:

I had a pretty long discussion with the SA on this recently. Apparently the service interval calculation is done within the car ECU. It analyses your driving style e.g. speed, acceleration, braking, etc... and references it against engine, oil and other hardware specs and from there calculates what it forecasts as the next service required. This process is continuous which is why when you drive harder, the countdown actually declines faster than the actual distance travelled. The setting is not possible to be set by the SA's.

I was asking this because I have the inverse problem of the OP, my service was done at such:

1) 1,500 km (own payment)
2) 6,500 km (BSRI)
3) 11,500 km (BSRI)

Next service is apparently 7,000 km away according to the car after the last reset.

primus2211 said:
I had a pretty long discussion with the SA on this recently. Apparently the service interval calculation is done within the car ECU. It analyses your driving style e.g. speed, acceleration, braking, etc... and references it against engine, oil and other hardware specs and from there calculates what it forecasts as the next service required. This process is continuous which is why when you drive harder, the countdown actually declines faster than the actual distance travelled. The setting is not possible to be set by the SA's.

I was asking this because I have the inverse problem of the OP, my service was done at such:

1) 1,500 km (own payment)
2) 6,500 km (BSRI)
3) 11,500 km (BSRI)

Next service is apparently 7,000 km away according to the car after the last reset.
Bro. Do you mind sharing with us how you manage to get free BSRI service when your car OBC not yet prompt for service? I have to pay for all my additional in between BSRI services.

My car OBC did prompt. I usually send my car in once the OBC alert goes yellow meaning 1,500 km to service.

Top Bottom