1st E36 on bbs style 5 in M'sia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
some works carried out last sat : 23 OCT 2010

had an oil leak coming out from the oil filter housing

DSC00763.jpg

it was coming from that little diameter stopper ..had to change the rubber seal there

DSC00764.jpg

some water stains found on the main pulley , therefore checked further down and saw this thinggy at the termostat housing

DSC00765.jpg

therfore decided to give my fiber thermostat housing a BYE bye ...time to change to the aluminium one ..picked up from non others Mr Lionel from bimmers garage..TQ

DSC00766.jpg

the alu and fiber one side by side

DSC00767.jpg

empty thermo housing section

DSC00768.jpg

the vitamins for the car ... as usual TOTAL is my choice for engine oil and for radiator coolant i use REDLINE ...2 bottles of it with lotsa RO water

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

other stuff

cleaned up the inner side of the wheels at the same time as the car was on the hoist

DSC00762.jpg

pumping petrol pictures ...ron 97 CALTEX my choice

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

Makes me drooling la bro...the manual clutch also not that heavy to drive.

anyway ur car is super clean....also makes me shy to look at my car...haha :rock:

ICEMAN 13;575891 said:
so how was it ??

YaZmEeN;575922 said:
Makes me drooling la bro...the manual clutch also not that heavy to drive.

anyway ur car is super clean....also makes me shy to look at my car...haha :rock:

bro ...one word for you ..nothing beats your ride ...i've still got an eye on it since last friday .... one of the most prestine machine you've got there ..... mine is just a mere junkie larrr ...ayooo ..see ..lotsa mechanical works on it ...

I think that's my word for u lar bro...hehe...:smokin:

ICEMAN 13;576041 said:
bro ...one word for you ..nothing beats your ride ...i've still got an eye on it since last friday .... one of the most prestine machine you've got there ..... mine is just a mere junkie larrr ...ayooo ..see ..lotsa mechanical works on it ...

Lionel_Koh;576082 said:
Gald to hear u like the aluminium thermostat housing ...............

lionel ..basically the fibre ones ( black coloured ) lasted me almost a year only ...so i think this upgrade of ALU termostat housing is a good thing to do as atleast it will be there for sometime and would not crack ....

a good upgrade for sure .. TQ ..

and for those looking for one ...go find lionel as he's got a couple more before it's gone ....

ICEMAN 13;576086 said:
lionel ..basically the fibre ones ( black coloured ) lasted me almost a year only ...so i think this upgrade of ALU termostat housing is a good thing to do as atleast it will be there for sometime and would not crack ....

a good upgrade for sure .. TQ ..

and for those looking for one ...go find lionel as he's got a couple more before it's gone ....

Ya ....the fibre tend to crack and leak very fast ......U r lucky cos u aware the leak .....Just imaging if u travel at the highway with a high speed and the housing out of sudden crack ....Cant dare to think about it .............

Lionel_Koh;576089 said:
Ya ....the fibre tend to crack and leak very fast ......U r lucky cos u aware the leak .....Just imaging if u travel at the highway with a high speed and the housing out of sudden crack ....Cant dare to think about it .............

ya ...that is why my next upgrade would be to install some gauges to show the water temp , engine temp etc etc ....

you have any1 that carries such gauges ???

a hit and run incident happen to me last week thursday : 28 oct 2010

some pictures
fender side a little pressed inwards
DSC00791.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

small panel inner side bend
DSC00794.jpg

rubber lining too was hit
DSC00797.jpg

gapping at the edge of the small panel
DSC00798.jpg

sorry to see that bro.. hope that the repair will be minimal and can be restore to the original look

YaZmEeN;578105 said:
sorry to see that bro.. hope that the repair will be minimal and can be restore to the original look

something about BMW ....it's SOFT ...a slight bump as such and it will end up with such damages ...

now car is resting in LIAN HENG BANGI ...for knock and paint work ...

hopefully complete before deepavali this coming friday ...keeping my fingers crossed ...

ICEMAN 13;578141 said:
something about BMW ....it's SOFT ...a slight bump as such and it will end up with such damages ...

Yupp...mine's the same on my front bumper on the right hand side...some cheap plastic holding hook is all they have on inside of the bumper. One small bump and off it breaks, leaving a gap.

bimmerholic;578182 said:
Yupp...mine's the same on my front bumper on the right hand side...some c
heap plastic holding hook is all they have on inside of the bumper. One small bump and off it breaks, leaving a gap.

it's shows that BMW isn't aint solid by it's desciptions ... or perhaps an ageing BMW aint worth after all .... :( no matter how well you keep it ....

The front part is soft, as this is the crumple zone to minimize the effect for the major accident. The impact for the passenger and the drive inside will be not that much. No worries,our car has been design for the safety as well.

Top Bottom