whats the best engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by three28@Jun 15 2005, 01:55 AM
castrol RS for me mates so far so good
apoo,castrol rs got 20w50 for my e30 ah?
i thought it was fully syn or is tht the castrol magnatec(or r they the same?)
how much r they btw?

off topic a bit ah....
apoo,so u want the udm jap spec plateholder or not?
if ur going to the projet function 2mrw or the klang tt 2mrw nite i'll bring it!

thanx,
-brad-

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jun 11 2005, 10:08 AM
if u rev the engine often, then better to have Fully syn engine oil... cos it can provide better protection and smoother at the higher RPM. but if u hardly rev past 4000rpm, then mineral oil would do fine....

The oils would show difference when it's at the higher extreme, not all oil is the same... ;)
yes in a way but as long as they are certifies to the appropriate standard, its all good.

:D hey guyz thanx for all the input.. gonna chg oil more frequent now!! some more i don't drive my bimmer that often so its even more critical..

Guys and gals,

Read from a reputable BMW mag that BMW is officially using Castrol TWS . Personally, I am using Mobil 1 Full Syn cause my mech is using it. I believe that as long as the quality of the oil is assured,then any brand also can lar.Cheers! :D

Originally posted by chairoger@Jun 27 2005, 02:03 AM
Guys and gals,

Read from a reputable BMW mag that BMW is officially using Castrol TWS . Personally, I am using Mobil 1 Full Syn cause my mech is using it. I believe that as long as the quality of the oil is assured,then any brand also can lar.Cheers! :D
After trying so many types of engine oil in the market. I finally stick to Chemlube and Q8 only. To me these two oil are the best.

The stockist PH Auto in Sea Park has been mentioned before.

It's near the Shell station.

I just got Mobil 1 supersyn 5w-50 for RM135 per 4l pack. It's RM145 if you are willing to pay for a "free" bag that comes with it.

The best price around, I think.

Originally posted by tyke@Jun 15 2005, 12:02 PM
dude....try these brands:

1)CONOCO syncon(hydrocracked lubricants)- 10w-30,i think the hav
20w-50 also

2)shell helix or castrol

3)caltex halvonine 20w-50

i have been using the conoco syncon for 2 years now and its the best.
they hav fully synth(10w-30) and semi synth i think

engine has performed like magic till today!
when they drain the engine oil,its not so sludgy or black.
Hullo Tyke

Where did you buy the conoco oil? :huh:

Hey! Did u guys try using Shell Flushing Oil prior changing the engine oil? It helps to clean the engine b4 topping up with engine. A bottle of 4l is RM25. Just drain the old oil, pour in Flushing then run for 5 mins. Then drain, & wohlah!..

Been using shell semi-sync but never tried the flushing oil. thanks.

I think most of us have tried some of the major/popular oil makes like Shell, Castrol, Petronas, etc. Some have tried Q8, which in my opinion is good oil and responsive (having tried it before, but it's not for me). What about other makes like TOTAL, FUCH, Conoco, etc?

I am also a Mobil 1 fan and do my oil changes at 10k kms intervals on the E46. Engine is still smooth and revvy.

On my B16A Dohc Vtec, after 130k kms using Mobil 1, changing every 5k kms, mechanic opened up the valve cover to do tappet adjustment as was very surprised that there was absolutely no buildup sludge and head, valves, etc was so shiny and new. I think it is one of the better synth oils with good cleaning agents.

I believe viscousity/SAE rating is also impt beside what the brand. 10W-30 will give good FC and 10w-40 is well balance. 20W-50 for hard driving and slightly older engine.

Top Bottom