Topping up engine oil on 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Okay loo.. will do it tomorrow.... since holiday :D

Running on low engine oil condition is not healthy for the my N46N anyway.. :wink: Nanti got whack my VIOS.. again... :p

Come to think of it, this N46N is a very environmental friendly engine because the earth will be 30% less dirtier as it "consumed" the 1L.. and u only contaminate the Earth with drained 3L instead of 4L.. :p

Schwepps;356676 said:
Syntium 3000? Like mine then and easy to get lah! Just get a pack and pour in less than a litre, then see what the indicator says. Then you're safe until the next service.

I'm afraid the Syntium 3000 that you found in the market is not the same as what has been approved by BMW (which suppose to be 3000 LL, where LL stands for Long Life I guess). I have tried to find one sometimes ago, but unfortunately, the 3000 LL is not available for retail, it is only used for oil changing by the dealer.

astroboy;356826 said:
Okay loo.. will do it tomorrow.... since holiday :D

Running on low engine oil condition is not healthy for the my N46N anyway.. :wink: Nanti got whack my VIOS.. again... :p

Come to think of it, this N46N is a very environmental friendly engine because the earth will be 30% less dirtier as it "consumed" the 1L.. and u only contaminate the Earth with drained 3L instead of 4L.. :p

Astro, since you are changing your oil tomorrow, might as well call Rachel too. She needs to top up 1ltr for her ride.

superman;356827 said:
I'm afraid the Syntium 3000 that you found in the market is not the same as what has been approved by BMW (which suppose to be 3000 LL, where LL stands for Long Life I guess). I have tried to find one sometimes ago, but unfortunately, the 3000 LL is not available for retail, it is only used for oil changing by the dealer.

Thanks for the info bro! Anyway it doesn't concern me because I wouldn't do top-ups myself and would just drive to a dealer service centre and have a good cup of coffee while waiting. And I'm lucky that my units didn't/haven't experienced the oil burn that others seem to be experiencing (touch wood!)

There you go, Rachel. Better go to IA and do it there...

Anyone else wanna top up or oil change...? Astro is DIYing his ride tomorrow.
Astro's DIY "workshop" is in Damansara Utama.
Just buy him rojak & chendol will do.

Astro, can wax my ride at your "workshop" tomorrow?

BlackE90;356833 said:
Anyone else wanna top up or oil change...? Astro is DIYing his ride tomorrow.
Astro's DIY "workshop" is in Damansara Utama.
Just buy him rojak & chendol will do.

Astro, can wax my ride at your "workshop" tomorrow?

Wahhhh... get your car waxed for a packet of chendol... Done! See you tomorrow! BTW, what wax you use?

Juan Powerblow;356836 said:
Wahhhh... get your car waxed for a packet of chendol... Done! See you tomorrow! BTW, what wax you use?

Given that it costs only a packet of cendol... probably Ear Wax! :21:

astroboy...wats ur mileage from fresh oil change to the 1st add 1l message pop-up??

bummer right...kena top up..slightly b4 my next service
Thank God for friends in the club!

13092008378.jpg

Oi! Apa ni cendol ear wax stuffs? I have 5 bottles of Torco and according to Blackie, I need 4.5L... now how can I find enuf oil for Rachel hor?.. :rolleyes: Anyway, our appointment is at 11+am..

t2ribena;356843 said:
astroboy...wats ur mileage from fresh oil change to the 1st add 1l message pop-up??

Its actually like that bena..

At 5k km, I drained the first fill and poured in 4L of Q8 5W-40, together with changing the oil filter. According to Blackie, I should pour in 4.5L but my indicator was okay.. or a quarter down or something... forget lio..

Now I'm at 13.8k km.. and the "+1L" is up.. meaning if Blackie is correct, I am oredi short half or 0.25 liter to begin with.. what is hard to believe, is the Q8 5W-40 which happens to be slightly thicker oil... oso suffer "drying" leh! Interesting..

Aiyoo... why so many visitor la.. never see me screw before ka.. ?? want to see me in action ka? that's a non-smoking "workshop" la.. very boring wan... :D

By the way... I have no luck in researching how much exactly engine oil our N46 320i needed.. the Owner's Manual is useless.. its just a trim down version of the 325/330 with unrelated materials removed.. :stupid: :(

Thanks for the tip JPB. That sticker only shows N52B25, no variant nos. I know from my previous VIN search that it's an N52N (upgraded N52) so it looks like I can't get much further past that. :(

astroboy, how's your workshop business?? How many cars turn up for the oil change & waxing??

mummygohan..didnt see you at astroboy's house??!!

the refill does not take 30 mins...5 mins kao tim.

... now that's one happy customer! :top: :D

.. and Rachel, your M-Sport is running different size 18" tyres for your front and rear (wider), so if you want to be specific, its a pain to keep refering to the label.. tyre air pressure topic is off topic here, so we discuss at another thread.. :wink: Meanwhile, just trust the run flat alarm la.

racheltoh;357172 said:
mummygohan..didnt see you at astroboy's house??!!

the refill does not take 30 mins...5 mins kao tim.

astroboy doesn't wanna invite me lar, cos i'm a smoker. He scared i kacau kacau & smoke infront of his house. So how much he charge for the top up?? 1 bkt meal??

MG, astroboy already kaya.....
the charges was 1 roti telur sahaja...:p
however the learning experience is priceless la...

My oil indicator is one notch below the max level again (around 8k kms since the last precautionary oil change). Looks like its consistent, that it burns about 1 notch each 8k kms. Went to Ingress today to book an appointment and was told the soonest they can claim against BSRI is when the oil maintenance counter is at 5k kms left. I am at 6ks! So I have about 1 week to drive the car really hard and far to make it for my free BRSI service.. Wish me luck!

Photo145.jpg

E46Fanatic;362803 said:

Bro, your idling RPM is slightly low leh...not too sure yours is "ngam" or not.
Have Ingress check it out when you send in for BSRI in week's time.

Top Bottom