Top speed for 325i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;390328 said:
....Anybody know of a highway stretch smooth enough for a chicken like me to do 200+ safely, pls tell. :p

KLIA highway is another possible stretch where the KLIA limos are doing a common speed of 130kph.. :p

An E90 320i 4-potter can max out after the Putra Height stretch, I heard.. :listen:

I like the stretch after the KLIA exit towards the NS Expressway.

Very smooth but towards the ending abit bumpy. From slightly before the KLIA exit to after the KLIA exit is very very nice.

My BNR34 GTR was road-tuned on that stretch. Starting immediately after the KLIA exit towards the NS expressway, i think they touched speeds of around 300 km/h - 310 km/h. I was busy chasing in the Cayenne but couldnt get past 250 - 260 comfortably without shrinking nuts.

So i would say said stretch is quite a good place to give it a try? Or else, Sepang open track days!

Been happening quite alot lately too!

I have seen speed traps being set up to flag down vehicles at the tail end of the KLIA road exit towards NS expressway, on several occasions. I think its their regular place.. just be careful there.. :wink:

Wah! ada speed limiter warning ka? Why? they scared you don't realise your speed ka?! :D :stupid:

klia is quite bumpy.....this kl-p highway is almost perfect...on that morning, i saw a F430 and a few Porsche streching thier legs on that highway too....

now that DUKE highway is open and relatively light traffic, i enjoy pushing my car.The new strecth highway is relatively flat.YUMMY

k3nny;392118 said:

Very smooth but towards the ending abit bumpy. From slightly before the KLIA exit to after the KLIA exit is very very nice.

My BNR34 GTR was road-tuned on that stretch. Starting immediately after the KLIA exit towards the NS expressway, i think they touched speeds of around 300 km/h - 310 km/h. I was busy chasing in the Cayenne but couldnt get past 250 - 260 comfortably without shrinking nuts.

So i would say said stretch is quite a good place to give it a try? Or else, Sepang open track days!

Been happening quite alot lately too!

the Cayenne Turbo's top speed is rated at 266kph..plenty in such a huge car.wouldn'y worry about ur nuts shrinking,mine wud be too:eek: completely normal haha..

hope u had ur GTR's brakes upgraded when u did the 3tonne...the standard Brembos are inadequate for that speed.i think Kee has some nice 380mm kits for the GT-R.

astroboy;392157 said:
Wah! ada speed limiter warning ka? Why? they scared you don't realise your speed ka?! :D :stupid:

hhaha...no la..i set the speed limit to 240km/h before i started just to make it easy to determine whether i reached the intended speed...cos at that speed my eyes are more concentrated on the road rather on the odometer hence i might give exegerated figure if i based on my eyes...

Hahaha... I read all BMWs has a restricted top speed at 250kph.. can confirm? .. :D My 4-potter not a good test subject.. :(

k3nny;392118 said:

Not clear which exit are you talking about k3enny. Aren't the southern corridor highways rather busy and speed trap laden? I was flagged down just 2 days ago... :p

i think i hv done 250kph before..probably for 1 sec?? however there was no warning trigger. i didnt do any setting...maybe the previous owner drove faster than this..
I used the karak-kuantan highway
*anyway i wont do it again unless on track*

Schwepps;392195 said:
Not clear which exit are you talking about k3enny. Aren't the southern corridor highways rather busy and speed trap laden? I was flagged down just 2 days ago... :p

Schweppes: Im talking about driving towards KLIA and before you exit onto the final stretch of highway to KLIA, continue going towards the NS highway which takes you to Seremban or back to Sungai Besi at the end.

Thats the one im talking about.

But then again, the tuning was done sometime 2007? Hehe. Its been quite awhile so i cant say for any certainty but the surface was nice. Even in the Cayenne with the air suspension set to lowest and SPORT which is usually bone jarring, it was okay at speeds of 230km/h above.

supergripen;392160 said:
the Cayenne Turbo's top speed is rated at 266kph..plenty in such a huge car.wouldn'y worry about ur nuts shrinking,mine wud be too:eek: completely normal haha..

hope u had ur GTR's brakes upgraded when u did the 3tonne...the standard Brembos are inadequate for that speed.i think Kee has some nice 380mm kits for the GT-R.

Dont want to sound irresponsible but uhm no i didnt. hehe.

Even my subsequent 300km/h runs down a few highways here and there, i was on the standard Brembo's.

I think they are abit weak for that sort of horsepower but there was a time i was charging hard on the street with a 300hp Golf GTi over a bridge at approx 220km/h, we encountered about 30 - 40 mat rempits blocking the whole 2 lanes.

Immediately jumped on the brakes and we managed to stop in time. Thank God or next day keluar newspaper. :)

The Golf had 8 pot Brembo GT so i dont think he was worried.

He was just worried about me plouging into his rear end as he knows i didnt upgrade the brakes and he GTR used to be his before the Golf so he knows how the standard Brembo's are? :D

try LPT from heading east from gambang to last exit (I think kuantan)...

Have my first try last weekend while being chased by 2 c200k (old & new). manage to clock 230kmh...

since the c's are 2.0l, i think they have a bit problem to keep up with 325...

k3nny;392311 said:
Dont want to sound irresponsible but uhm no i didnt. hehe.

Even my subsequent 300km/h runs down a few highways here and there, i was on the standard Brembo's.

I think they are abit weak for that sort of horsepower but there was a time i was charging hard on the street with a 300hp Golf GTi over a bridge at approx 220km/h, we encountered about 30 - 40 mat rempits blocking the whole 2 lanes.

Immediately jumped on the brakes and we managed to stop in time. Thank God or next day keluar newspaper. :)

The Golf had 8 pot Brembo GT so i dont think he was worried.

He was just worried about me plouging into his rear end as he knows i didnt upgrade the brakes and he GTR used to be his before the Golf so he knows how the standard Brembo's are? :D

haha cool stuff!!! those Golf GTis are pesky little cars aren't they?? 300bhp in a FWD car..hmmmm.i have a friend who just upgraded his Golf's turbo to a 320bhp kit..torque steer galore!!

haku;392400 said:
try LPT from heading east from gambang to last exit (I think kuantan)...

Have my first try last weekend while being chased by 2 c200k (old & new). manage to clock 230kmh...

since the c's are 2.0l, i think they have a bit problem to keep up with 325...

yep i remember that stretch...that was where i got my ticket running in my 300ce merc coupe....:smokin:

In my 325 E90...the most is at 230kmh on the way to Jb.... and like others...jst on reaching scale not really cruising....
:top:

supergripen;392442 said:
haha cool stuff!!! those Golf GTis are pesky little cars aren't they?? 300bhp in a FWD car..hmmmm.i have a friend who just upgraded his Golf's turbo to a 320bhp kit..torque steer galore!!

Its an amazing car. Even more so for the price.

Sigh.

Now that the MKVI is out.. Its time to hope VW malaysia brings it in at such competitive prices too?

I still dont get it though. Only extra 10hp was all VW managed to squeeze out from that award winning engine?

k3nny;392737 said:
Its an amazing car. Even more so for the price.

Sigh.

Now that the MKVI is out.. Its time to hope VW malaysia brings it in at such competitive prices too?

I still dont get it though. Only extra 10hp was all VW managed to squeeze out from that award winning engine?

i have no doubt the new GTi will be fantastic..after reading the test report on the new mk6 TSi 1.4,i think VW now leads the way by way of innovations where the drivetrain is concerned.award winning engines and the fact that they are doing away with conventional torque converter autoboxes and replacing them with DSGs..wow!!!a big THANK YOU to VW i say... cuz in the end,its we the end users that gains.

now,other manufacturers will have to buck up..BMW included.

i have the mk6 Golf in my crosshairs as one that would replace my Honda daily driver.the TSi to be exact.

i think the reason the new GTi only makes 10bhp more is cuz the V6 version ..they don't want the 2.0t to make more tha the V6,do they? i have no doubt the 2.0t is capable of so much more..but VW's trump card will still be the DSG la.being among the earliest to offer twin-clutch tech,theirs will probably be the best and most refined with most of the kinks ironed out..

wonder when BMW will offer the M-DCT on normal run-of-the-mill models like the 325i/525i..one thing for sure,it'll be at a premium la haha.

Top Bottom