Top speed for 325i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
very itchy my hand....but my heart says no...they cost RM20K for a set 6/4 Monoblock! No point changing only the front, it'll never look complete...

too bad my its a 325i, i might consider this mod if its 335i!

I did manage to hit 245kmh last week on the highway to Ipoh. I was however flagged by the white coloured shirt police and said that they shoot me at 217kmh by their speedtrap machine. 'Did some editing here' hehe..
Coming back I'm not so sure if I can go faster than that coz the roads seems to get shorter everytime I go that fast!
A word of advise friends "Do not break the law, you break, you pay"...

Darn.... I still have an outstanding signed summon from Ipoh..
36_1_41.gif

Dear Scwepps,
Followed ur advise closely..Thanks for mentioning..and sorry for the blunt details..

what mode? manual or auto??

David Yong;340366 said:
If I am not mistaken, I was doing 240 km/h at that time :D

The highest I have clocked before on this highway is 250 km/h. I think that is the max already for our stock standard E90 325i.

on my car when it shows 240kmh...on GPS its only 230kmh nia...the meter overreads by 10kmh after 200kmh...

Not sure about the //M, but I read somewhere all standard BMWs top speed are intercepted at 250kph.

maanly;345986 said:
I did manage to hit 245kmh last week on the highway to Ipoh. I was however flagged by the white coloured shirt police and said that they shoot me at 217kmh by their speedtrap machine. 'Did some editing here' hehe..
Coming back I'm not so sure if I can go faster than that coz the roads seems to get shorter everytime I go that fast!
A word of advise friends "Do not break the law, you break, you pay"...

I also encountered the speed indicated at the speedometer was a bit faster than GPS, my case always 5km/hr faster than GPS. When I drive 110 km/h, GPS showed only 105, even when I drive 65 km/h, GPS showed only 60 :stupid:. May be BMW adjusted their meter for their drivers to feel better.

Wah! like that on highway I can do 125kph and still be safe from speed trap lor... :p

There will always be drivers with better skills, larger balls and faster cars out there.
Will always be cucuk by modded and stock "lesser" cars, just have to keep a cool head and maybe out acceterate them once in while.

My take on this is never overestimate your skill. You can get into trouble very quickly out in the open
Seen a Gen2 take a downhill sweeping corner way faster than I could ever try.

Getting old,white hair is now visible from far nowadays :)
Only done 190km/hr on my 323i

all i can say is,always be smart and use common sense when on the road..u can race,but pick ur fights carefully.consider the opponent's car,the road condition,traffic density and also ur familiarity with the road.

u can do high speed runs,but again,pick ur moment..be smart and more importantly,be safe.

godspeed..

Well said supergripen. On a recent early morning run to Penang, I thought with the highway widening completed, I would be able to test 200kmh, but each time I got to 190+, the road surface was just too uneven to go further safely and had to back off. No point in being a brave fool!

I've only gone past 200 once before in an STI and would like to again. Anybody know of a highway stretch smooth enough for a chicken like me to do 200+ safely, pls tell. :p

Schwepps;390328 said:
Well said supergripen. On a recent early morning run to Penang, I thought with the highway widening completed, I would be able to test 200kmh, but each time I got to 190+, the road surface was just too uneven to go further safely and had to back off. No point in being a brave fool!

I've only gone past 200 once before in an STI and would like to again. Anybody know of a highway stretch smooth enough for a chicken like me to do 200+ safely, pls tell. :p

me n few of my friends frequent the kl-putrajaya highway for a top speed run...sunday morning around 8am the the most ideal time.....:top:

glock_8;390339 said:
me n few of my friends frequent the kl-putrajaya highway for a top speed run...sunday morning around 8am the the most ideal time.....:top:

Yes, once youa re outside of KL segment, that's one of the highway that is a bit easy to get to 180+km/hr.
:top:

managed to go beyond 240km/h this morning on kl-p....having tough time keeping up with golf gti...they have a good acceleration. All in all, im very satisfied with our 325sport performance...having a performance of one of the best hot hatch in the world in a guise of luxery and comfort....:top:

Top Bottom