Top speed for 325i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
supergripen;392779 said:
i have no doubt the new GTi will be fantastic..after reading the test report on the new mk6 TSi 1.4,i think VW now leads the way by way of innovations where the drivetrain is concerned.award winning engines and the fact that they are doing away with conventional torque converter autoboxes and replacing them with DSGs..wow!!!a big THANK YOU to VW i say... cuz in the end,its we the end users that gains.

now,other manufacturers will have to buck up..BMW included.

i have the mk6 Golf in my crosshairs as one that would replace my Honda daily driver.the TSi to be exact.

i think the reason the new GTi only makes 10bhp more is cuz the V6 version ..they don't want the 2.0t to make more tha the V6,do they? i have no doubt the 2.0t is capable of so much more..but VW's trump card will still be the DSG la.being among the earliest to offer twin-clutch tech,theirs will probably be the best and most refined with most of the kinks ironed out..

wonder when BMW will offer the M-DCT on normal run-of-the-mill models like the 325i/525i..one thing for sure,it'll be at a premium la haha.

I think BMW tried with the E46 SMG's but the response was not good? Asking too much of a premium for just the box alone + some body kits.

The 2.0t is a monster waiting to be unleased. Like an 18year old virgin wearing a chastity belt waiting to break loose. ROAR. :D

When you finally do get your hands on that MKVI, any plans to soup her up?

The GTI should be here mid this year although im not digging the fabric seats i see in the pictures that also came with the first batches of the MKV.

VW is slowly conquering the world. The most complete line-up under 1 brand if i may say so.

From the humble Polo's to the Phaetons to the Rollers if you have to.

I dont think BMW/Merc has anything as cheap as the Polo. :D

k3nny;392790 said:
I think BMW tried with the E46 SMG's but the response was not good? Asking too much of a premium for just the box alone + some body kits.

The 2.0t is a monster waiting to be unleased. Like an 18year old virgin wearing a chastity belt waiting to break loose. ROAR. :D

When you finally do get your hands on that MKVI, any plans to soup her up?

The GTI should be here mid this year although im not digging the fabric seats i see in the pictures that also came with the first batches of the MKV.

VW is slowly conquering the world. The most complete line-up under 1 brand if i may say so.

From the humble Polo's to the Phaetons to the Rollers if you have to.

I dont think BMW/Merc has anything as cheap as the Polo. :D

i don't think i'll be getting the GTi version..merely the TSi 1.4 to replace my Honda Jazz VTEC daily driver.or even the new Polo for that matter..we'll see.whatever the choice,it'll have to have the 1.4TSi Twincharger engine and a 7speed DSG.

i'll keep my e60 as the main family car cuz i think its a fabulous car.so much potential if u know where to tinker.mine's the one with the M54 engine..so i've got plenty of options as far as power mods are concerned.

hehe i think theres a ESS blown E60 530i running around here somewhere? had the pleasure of seeing the car in the flesh at exoticmods quite awhile ago.

Ive got the N52 so mods are not really on the table for me. Plus its my daily driver and the tires for the 20' are already killing me. Cant imagine incurring additional expenses!

Any plans to take the E60 to sepang during the open track days? hehe

Or maybe you already have? :D

k3nny;392802 said:
hehe i think theres a ESS blown E60 530i running around here somewhere? had the pleasure of seeing the car in the flesh at exoticmods quite awhile ago.

Ive got the N52 so mods are not really on the table for me. Plus its my daily driver and the tires for the 20' are already killing me. Cant imagine incurring additional expenses!

Any plans to take the E60 to sepang during the open track days? hehe

Or maybe you already have? :D

getting mine ESS'd soon but running low boost only la for starters.i'll wait for the tranny software upgrade first before going stage 2..

yup,the blown 530i is mighty impressive..u can see his clips on Youtube.car looks standard from the outside..Q-car personified.

i have indeed driven at the Sepang track but not in my e60 la..that job belongs to the STi.i don't have the STi anymore hence my long sabbatical from track driving..

low boost? hehe. dont you have to change the pulleys everytime you want to change boost?

what does the tranny software upgrade do? is it supposed to improve the shifts? shift times?

ive heard the e60 boxes are quite fragile with 2 people i know replacing them below 100,000kms..

how will it handle the boost?

And the E60 deserves to go the track at least once lar bro. :p hehe..
even if its just to park in the pit and take some photos. hehe

someone recommend to put speed booster around 900$. worth it? anyone tried or has installed this gadget in ur 325?

racheltoh;393613 said:
someone recommend to put speed booster around 900$. worth it? anyone tried or has installed this gadget in ur 325?

I think it is sprint booster not speed booster. My car have sprint booster install and it make the car pick up better. However, the feel is very un-natural on the fuel pedal. You have to get used to it. I doubt the top speed would be increased by installing the booster.

I have remove the gadget after a month and the car feel natural to your leg power.. :top:

racheltoh;393613 said:

It's sprint booster. Mine is with it long time already. U can anytime try mine to feel the difference since both ours are E90 325i.

oooo silap. sprint booster.
jarance, so u not using it? give it to me la. i save 900$

racheltoh;393729 said:
oooo silap. sprint booster.
jarance, so u not using it? give it to me la. i save 900$

good try. ha ha .... can lent you to try it. installation take about 10 minutes.

jarance..goodie goodie..will be go for TT this Friday at borneo? maybe u can bring iit along...

life time loan?? ahahhaha *trying my luck*

Yup, might be going for the Official TT at Borneo..

OK will bring it along for you to see but not lent for life time. Now will scare will never see my sprint booster ever again.

i think somebody is selling a second one for RM650..

the sprint booster increases FC abit right? because of the throttle sensitivity?

also makes the car very much more willing to kick down under minor acceleration.

any accelerated wear and tear on the gearbox with anyone before? :)

RT, nice meeting you.. do let us know how the SP feel. Just ask the accessory guy to install in series the SP.

Please return after you played with it.

jarance, i think i re-set the meter at the wrong time la..now it shows 16l/100km..sigh sigh sigh
i should hv set it when i m driving long distance/highway right...

jarance, i think i re-set the meter at the wrong time la..now it shows 16l/100km..sigh sigh sigh

racheltoh;397369 said:

You have the set the Average Fuel consumption prior to start the journey.

eg. If you are going on the highway, you can reset the average by pressing the "BC" on the end of the left of the signal handle. if you toggle the BC momentary, it will scroll the display one by one, eg, temp, time, FC, average speed, distance remaining before topup..

If you want to reset the avarage FC, just hold the BC for a couple of second at the "Average FC" display until the display changes from 16.9 l/100km to ---|--- l/100km.

If you dont reset, it will just the average reading for town driving, highway driving and etc.

The average FC display is just a guide on your driving habit. it does NOT affect your actual fuel consumption.

racheltoh;394916 said:
jarance..goodie goodie..will be go for TT this Friday at borneo? maybe u can bring iit along...

life time loan?? ahahhaha *trying my luck*

How's the sprint booster? Ada bagus?

jarance, yes i reset the fuel comp. but since i m town driving ma. so it looks high..

anyway regarding the sprint booster...that shop b*gger, he didnt want to fix for me cos he said i'm not getting from him. bla bla so no chance yet..

another thing i notice, the triangle light is blinking..is that the traction light? it only appears when i m going into carparks..:|

Top Bottom