The next WAJA

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;549588 said:
The Waja cost RM1 billion inclusive of dedicated plant. Gen.2 cost RM600 million to develop, the Campro RM450 million. I suspect other manufacturers also spend thereabouts on platform & engine development, but they're able to amortize those costs over a much higher volume of production.
dem that's a lot of money. no wonder even major manufacturers do joint development and platform sharing. where can tahan man for proton. tapi at least sudah try... it's the climb like what miley says. keke.

The Campro engine was as usual and over-promise, under deliver product... So much hoohaa about it's modular design with multiple capacity option... But in truth, it aledi maxed out its capacity at 1600cc, which is what we have now... It can't even be stretched to 1800cc..
And much of its life, Campro is NOT Cam-profiling-able, only in the last couple of years did they finally release the CPS version...

IMHO, Waja is one of the best models from Proton, apart from the design flaw of the power window mechanism... Even then, it can't sell enuf in volume to recoup its investment in R&D and production... Malaysia do not have a big enuf population to successful brew a home grown car....
What made money for Proton was the 'recycled' Mitsubishi and of cos, the protectionism automotive policies...

Actually proton after 25 years in existence is a big dilemma, it can't grow far away from home and even then, the home market is getting more and more challenging. However, u can't kill it off too, cos too many lives depend on it. The workers, the vendors and all things related to Proton need it to survive.. As such, like it or not, the govt can't afford to shut down Proton. So I guess, going back to square one as a rebadging manufacturer is perhaps the only way to stay afloat....

One thing for sure..Proton is good for plonking other engines in it for a reasonable price..on the other word training ground for Mat Rempits..

VKS;549871 said:
One thing for sure..Proton is good for plonking other engines in it for a reasonable price..on the other word training ground for Mat Rempits..

:eek: but i'm not a mat rempit...:listen:....

gizmoz82;549875 said:
:eek: but i'm not a mat rempit...:listen:....

I mean youngsters who loves fast cars and bikes..i was before,but theres huge different between mat rempit on those days and now..:wink:

initialM;549945 said:
VKS,

I like avatar pic. Where can I get those??:smokin:

Unker Google bro.. for the real must go Tg Balai Karimun to get one :listen:

InitialM!!! Oh no.....you didn't really mean that.

Everyday, I drive my underpowered E90 LCI with a relief stemming from the decision of not having gone for the more powerful Accord 2.4

Ennui78;550060 said:
InitialM!!! Oh no.....you didn't really mean that.

Everyday, I drive my underpowered E90 LCI with a relief stemming from the decision of not having gone for the more powerful Accord 2.4

What do u mean?
Anyway u can always buy cheaper higher cc bmw which much better than accord:listen:

Too late.......swallowed it liao. Thank God for the spare key. Based on my, ahem, movements....I predict we will get to see the first key again, before 3pm tomorrow. Will tell you whether the car will accept it and allow the engine to start!

oh great. more poser boys that think their car is an evo and tailgate me in the hope of overtaking me. pah.

PDRM needs to quickly replace all their total loss Evo X in anticipation of the next generation Wajalutions :)

mizhan;550370 said:
PDRM needs to quickly replace all their total loss Evo X in anticipation of the next generation Wajalutions :)

What happened? The EVo X got aksiden arr? or tapau by veelapan?

Top Bottom