The next WAJA

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;567113 said:
when i was at proton almost 10 years ago, we fitted a few satria gti's with this engine. it was fun when you made it scream, but not much bottom end.

the deciding factor for not pursuing this engine was cost. at that time it cost RM28k a pop - that is equivalent to a waja's total manufacturing cost. it's exhaust manifold alone was almost RM6k.

we figured even if we somehow miraculously managed to sell cars to meet the minimum quantity order, EW01 would cost us about RM19k per unit. in comparision, the mitsu 4G93 fitted to satria gti's was RM6k; and the base campro cost only RM4k to make.

I really do think Proton should've gotten the EW01 regardless..it would've made such an impact to the image of Proton at that time.

Quite why they couldn't make it work is beyond me.Other cars are taxed to the high heavens to protect them,they use such poor quality plastics and cars are made from Ayam brand tins,specced as low as possible and with as little safety addendas as they can get away with.. but yet,they fumble,even with rm6k Mitsu engines.So we know they are getting away with as little cost to them as possible and yet charge so much for cars that are essentially low specced,not very safe and produced with as little cost to them as possible.

And they want us to be patriotic..

The EW01 was a high tech piece of engineering created by our boys with the help of F1 technology.. now this will be something that we can be patriotic over.Good things don't come cheap.

WHAT COULD'VE BEEN..

Just my humble opinion,I could be wrong.

haha bro mizhan tu bukan maintain..itu bikin kereta baru ..ok je if poket deep enuff

geoffreylee;566812 said:
OMG!!! Thats just less then 80km/h ... Sure mati at Msian speed

so sad after read the article from NZ;
Why approved this with even not achive the safety regulation,
even they totally not concern the safety about this ..

That's why I've stayed away from Protons.. they are coffins on wheels.

I'd like to be patriotic and support our own car maker,BUT not by sacrificing my family's safety.

It's just so frustrating when u know that u've had to put up with Proton's SHITE for so long(having to pay high car taxes,abysmally bad safety features) and after all these years,we have NOTHING to show for except for some sub-standard models that I wouldn't even look at twice.

Ok...Im going to put one foot forward and say...this will be Proton's future cross over...lets say 3.5 years time....so guys...please dont forget this thread then...

asx-main.jpg

pussy;572890 said:
1.8M ? what engine ka ? the old renault engine ? or new mitsu ?

Read from Paultan's blog that it's confirmed mitsu engine... And he commented that he liked the 1.8 manual the most... :p

pussy;572890 said:
1.8M ? what engine ka ? the old renault engine ? or new mitsu ?

My fren from EON the is a mitsu rebadged with minor changes like bodykit.
At least better than built totally own car like waja, gen 2 & persona. I think this car will be successful as wira.

i agree with IM that the general build quility will be better than the homegrown products. however the reliability of localized components e.g. power window motors are yet to be determined.

mizhan;572933 said:
i agree with IM that the general build quility will be better than the homegrown products. however the reliability of localized components e.g. power window motors are yet to be determined.

These first few batches would be totally rebadged(just change the front bumper and badges).. then Proton will slowly increase the percentage of local content. And I think the 1.8 manual would be quite fun to drive...

fabianyee;573108 said:
These first few batches would be totally rebadged(just change the front bumper and badges).. then Proton will slowly increase the percentage of local content.

Then the problem starts. I think RM79k for entry level is kind of expensive for proton

Top Bottom