The Lancer GT 2.0 in Langkawi for RM71.8k!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
CBT NST link no longer working, but well written letter still on Malaysiakini. :)

simple la. the 13k is to show that made in m'sia car is more exp than jap counterpart. u have to pay more for all the R&D put in, the localisation costs, and the joy of driving a m'sian made car. of coz until u realise that all of this is just bull****.

if u look what kia and hyundai can do now, proton is just sad.

Was in Langkawi over the weekend, and as with my previous visits, I do tend to see quite a number of Mitsu Lancers around. Nice shark nose and angry stance :top:

ramsing;580965 said:
if u look what kia and hyundai can do now, proton is just sad.

Spot on bro!!

Sad to see the junks that they come out with,relative to what Kia and Hyundai are offering right now.

Would be interesting to see what they'll do with the new 1.6 turbo that they're coming out with early next year.The potential is there,just waiting to be exploited.History has shown that Proton has never faild to dissappoint,but I do hope for our sake that this time it'll be different.I'm fed up of having to pay thru my nose for the cars that I love.Cummon Proton,try to compete for a friggin' change!!!!

anxious;576952 said:
The Lancer GT 2.0 (fully imported) is selling in Langkawi for RM71.8k.

see http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.my/sho ... ngkawi.php

I cannot understand why the Inspira 2.0 with 26% local parts is priced RM94k in Peninsular Malaysia.

In fact the Inspira 2.0 is priced at RM85k in Langkawi?

See http://www.arenakereta.com/2010/10/16/s ... lah-bocor/

This is really absurd.

Having booked the 2.0 Inspira last week, I now am very dissapointed with this pricing differential .

Can someone explain how a Malaysia car with 26% local parts cost more than a fully imported CBU from Japan?

maybe they think that their lotus tuning merits a premium over the lancer...

in that case i wonder what the justification would be for the Langkawi pricing...

i think proton will always come up short even against the likes of kia and hyundai because of their strong engineering foundation, history, work culture and not to mention 20 odd years head start... interesting though situation with pricing of similar lancer and proton in langkawi but will be even more exciting if there's chance we can enjoy something similar here :)

Top Bottom