SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Satelite, Congrats on your new Joy.

Just don't bother driving in Comfort Mode ...

Have fun!

satellite;729534 said:
What's the change frequency? Every 10k? 20k? Any particular brand is preferred?

It is advisable to change the full synthetic engine oil regularly at 9k-10k. Due to the heat and road condition at our country (classified as "Severe" condition), the oil cannot last more than 15k. For brand, Castrol is recommended by BMW. Many use Petronas/Mobil/Shell.

sachseelan;731155 said:
Satelite, Congrats on your new Joy.

Just don't bother driving in Comfort Mode ...

Have fun!

Still trying to get use to the SMG way of driving, but.. how to obtain maximum fuel consumption if i keep on driving it like the way i drive a stick shift and dragging my gear?

by the way bro, what do u guys advise when u your car come to a stand still in front of traffic light or etc. Do you all put on N or leave it at 1 and pull handbrake? Which is more advisable?

i say, suit your convenient ... either way there is wear and tear involve
for short stops i usually dont bother going to N. you dont need left footwork in this case but then again, suit yourself
can be tricky in stop go traffic situation up hill ;) some left footwerk could help, no need handbrake ..
dont try holding ur car uphill on gear wt throttle, i white smoked my clutch twice ..

Hi to all SMG's Sifu
I've changed my clutch plate/disc somewhere last year together with used SMG Actuator/pump after witnessing leakage which cause the clutch slipping.
Recently my gearbox slipped again with high rev everytime the car moves or changing gears and occurs regularly everytime the car idle for long period especially
whenever stucked in traffic jamn.
I've also asked the workshop to open back the gearbox to see what went wrong.
The workshop concluded that it might be caused by the ECU and recommend to change. New ECU alone cost RM4500 and difficult to get used unit.
I've undergone all kind of method including SMG teaching, SMG adaptation and all but no improvement.

Please help

cheers

ryan8687;732589 said:
Hi to all SMG's Sifu
I've changed my clutch plate/disc somewhere last year together with used SMG Actuator/pump after witnessing leakage which cause the clutch slipping.
Recently my gearbox slipped again with high rev everytime the car moves or changing gears and occurs regularly everytime the car idle for long period especially
whenever stucked in traffic jamn.
I've also asked the workshop to open back the gearbox to see what went wrong.
The workshop concluded that it might be caused by the ECU and recommend to change. New ECU alone cost RM4500 and difficult to get used unit.
I've undergone all kind of method including SMG teaching, SMG adaptation and all but no improvement.

Please help

cheers

"might be caused by the ECU and recommend to change"--> ask the workshop, what if i paid 4.5k replaced the ecu, but i still having the same problem then how?

clavenk;732624 said:
"might be caused by the ECU and recommend to change"--> ask the workshop, what if i paid 4.5k replaced the ecu, but i still having the same problem then how?

Hi Clavenk
The symptons might derived from bad ECU but couldn't be definite. Everytime it happens ( the clutch slipage / high revs )
i will switch off the engine for a few minutes and restart. The slipage is improved but not for long.

cheers

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask but how do we use the auto cruise function on SMG yeah ? Can teach or not.

Thanks.

guyfriendx;733276 said:
Thanks for the link. But for SMG does it has to be in C mode to use the auto cruise ?

Yes, 'C' stands for cruise if i'm not mistaken. It is use only for cruising or 'driving miss daisy' soft of situation. It will automatically change gear at 2k rpm. However if driven aggressively the gear change will be erratic and unpredictable.

Thanks pal ... never use the auto cruise before. Last time i try it didn't work. That's why i ask here in case there's special condition have to meet to use auto cruise on SMG.

satellite;734071 said:
I never bothered driving in Cruise mode, i did it for couple of times and end up in + - :p

I'm not referring to Cruise (C) mode .. but the Auto Cruise function which is the button function on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Top Bottom