Race: E90 325i vs. Lexus IS250

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E46Fanatic

Club Guest
So it was a rare chance to come across a new Lexus IS250 on the road and even more rare to have a driver willing to gun it with me :). Started from Kerinchi link this morning (taking a short cut to bypass the jam), and was stuck behind a dark blue IS250 3 digit plate with a rear spoiler. I tot, hmm lets just follow the guy, and he gunned it, so I followed to see the performance difference. We got stuck in a bit of traffic (by this time I was ahead of him), and once the car in front of me moved away after seeing 2 eager 200+ hp cars behind him, I shifted to Sport mode, swiched off the A/C and gunned it. The IS250 tailed behind and we did from ~60kmh to around 150km/h heading towards Mont kiara. On the top end, the 325i will pull away (expected) but you won't blow away the IS250. Just before I slowed down he was about 3 car lengths behind. So, thats the real world test. The sad thing is that I just filled up with a full tank of gas about 10 minutes before the run and the car was at its heaviest and not as perky. Could have edge out further under "normal" conditions. Still keen to test with a new Merc C230 V6 as well. Maybe one day I'll get lucky.

E90 325i with 218hp
C230 V6 has less horsepower than a 325i
Should not be a problem hehehe

NAH lexus, eat my milk

That's a great report E46F! I kinda expected this result i.e. 3 car lengths having test driven the IS 250. This car is by no means a slow moe. In fact, it can feel faster than the E90 inside the cabin with nice soundtrack from the engine and fast gearbox but in the end, the E90 has a bit more muscle. I can forgive the IS 250 if it was a bit cheaper but at RM306k, it's almost RM20k more expensive than a stock 325i and almost the same price as the 325i Sports! Then there are pre-reg 325s around going for even less. The IS 250 is just a lot more to pay for standing out a bit more.

Does it really stand out more? As in "Wahhh, that's one fast Toyota man..."? :)

IMHO Lexus' don't have the presence of BMWs.

Schwepps;342733 said:
Does it really stand out more? As in "Wahhh, that's one fast Toyota man..."? :)

IMHO Lexus' don't have the presence of BMWs.

Well, that's what a lot of IS 250 owners would say if you ask 'em why they chose this over something else. They swear by it that the IS 250 looks sooooo much better than the competition. If I see one on the road, I would make that mental note, "hey, that's a lexus IS 250...". I won't do the same for an E90, heh esp since so many got M bodykit nowadays!

Yet again, that was before the new Altis came out and copied the side popping rear lights, hahahaha! So, you got a point there, unker!

Only ppl who feel insecure need to tell everyone that their one looks sooooo much better. E90 owners don't need to say anything about their rides, they only need to smile. ;)

As for your not doing the same for an E90, since when have you reserved your eyes only for what's already yours, JPB? Aren't you always looking around at what's not yours? :D

Schwepps;342745 said:
As for your not doing the same for an E90, since when have you reserved your eyes only for what's already yours, JPB? Aren't you always looking around at what's not yours? :D

Hahahahaha... well, human nature I suppose. Of course, performance has to be comparable at the very least. :top:

E46F, I think you can win IS250 anytime even with the aircond switch on. I have encountered with this machine few times and as usual, everytime it will be 2 or 3 cars behind me :D So it's a thumb up for our E90 :top:

Dude, you sure he was gunning it to the max? Maybe he didn't want to push his new car before the engine completely runs in? :p

Don't worry, am not taking sides with anyone hehe, am certain that your E90 would pull away even in straight-line due to weight and torque curve advantage....unless it's a pretty girl driving the Lexus hehe

I don't want to burst your bubble, but if you "gunned it" sooner than the IS250, and assume both of you have same acceleration, you are going to travel faster and further in the same time period.
Naturally you going to "pull away" on the lexus.

:)

All valid views. Just relating what happened. But I am pretty sure he was gunning with me as I was weaving around traffic a little with pedal to the metal and he was following close behind chasing after me :). Started when I was behind him first. Anyway good fun.

krazer;342920 said:
Dude, you sure he was gunning it to the max? Maybe he didn't want to push his new car before the engine completely runs in? :p

Don't worry, am not taking sides with anyone hehe, am certain that your E90 would pull away even in straight-line due to weight and torque curve advantage....unless it's a pretty girl driving the Lexus hehe

Dude I agree, looks like he doesn't has the 'balls' to play it on the street
but anyway lexus has no chance to smoke e90:bootyshake: not in a million yrs..hahah

hey has anyone "try" it with audi before? i never had a chance most of the cars (audi/merc/lexus) give a way or slow down when they saw my quad and debadged 320i
heheh i should plan to change my hood to CF vorsteiner soon...

E46Fanatic;342974 said:
All valid views. Just relating what happened. But I am pretty sure he was gunning with me as I was weaving around traffic a little with pedal to the metal and he was following close behind chasing after me :). Started when I was behind him first. Anyway good fun.

From my own experience where a guy is chasing you, he is likely to be going all out as well, heh.

kanos;343030 said:
...but anyway lexus has no chance to smoke e90:bootyshake: not in a million yrs..hahah

Why not?
Lexus LS460H can smoke Porche 911 in 0-100km/h E-A-S-I-L-Y !!
And yet, is a hybrid :rolleyes:

kanos;343030 said:
Dude I agree, looks like he doesn't has the 'balls' to play it on the street

Sorry I beg to differ. Not playing on the street does not equate to the size of your balls. Playing on the street is so juvenile and "Mat Rampitish" The street is not your play ground.

Top Bottom