E90 325i Pre Facelift

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
David Yong;493960 said:
IMO, the first one two batches of the Pre-LCI CKD are the best so far. That will be those 2006 & 2007.

The reliability of my 2nd batch CBU 2005 has amazed me so far. Almost like a Japanese car! Comparing with my ex E46 which was always visiting the dealer as problems crop up one after another. Only main issue I had was with the steering lock fault which was rectified with a new steering column during warranty which most E90's also kena. Since then.. pump petrol and drive type car.:top:

David Yong;493979 said:
The new 320d or 520d is really a very good buy. I would say, go for it!

i would think twice about buying a diesel, due to the questionable quality issue of the diesel here in bolehland. even if there are supplies, it would be limited. In europe or the US its a totally different case of course, and i would go for a diesel.

astroboy;493977 said:
320d, 4k rpm, 240kph!! :eek:

Excellent stuff..the 320d is indeed a magnificent piece of German engineering.

Only thing is that this baby has got an iDrive whilst ours don't.

Turned many off the 320d I believe,including me.

iDrive is sold as an option in many countries other than here for the E90.. just like Audi selling sunroof as option here. With iDrive, the car price will go up by at least RM20k.. many would opt for 323i liao..

astroboy;494017 said:
iDrive is sold as an option in many countries other than here for the E90.. just like Audi selling sunroof as option here. With iDrive, the car price will go up by at least RM20k.. many would opt for 323i liao..

Maybe,maybe not..I believe the 320d and the 323i are two very different cars so some will go for diesel regardless.

I guess its a matter of personal preference,but at least in some places u do get the option of specifying an iDrive for ur car,with ours,u don't.Its a 'take it or leave it' thingy..nothing new I guess.

Maybe cuz I'm used to having iDrive,the issue sticks out like a sore thumb la..

I agree with u, 320d and 323i is very different in drive character but don't confuse "pleasure" with "convenience".. iDrive doesn't make the car run any faster or have more pickup or make the car handles any better.. "joy" perhaps.. but end of the day, simplicity is a "beauty".. more electronics only meant more headache when comes to maintenance.. learn how to let go and enjoy it "raw".. even the CD player comes with the car is a bonus which I seldom use, same goes with the rear aircond vent.. :wink:

Fellas, Anxious has a budget of RM150k and is targetting a 2005-2007 325i. Why are you talking about new 320ds, 323is and i-Drive? You're hijacking his thread too far la...

supergripen;494028 said:
Maybe,maybe not..I believe the 320d and the 323i are two very different cars so some will go for diesel regardless.

I guess its a matter of personal preference,but at least in some places u do get the option of specifying an iDrive for ur car,with ours,u don't.Its a 'take it or leave it' thingy..nothing new I guess.

Maybe cuz I'm used to having iDrive,the issue sticks out like a sore thumb la..

astroboy;494032 said:
I agree with u, 320d and 323i is very different in drive character but don't confuse "pleasure" with "convenience".. iDrive doesn't make the car run any faster or have more pickup or make the car handles any better.. "joy" perhaps.. but end of the day, simplicity is a "beauty".. more electronics only meant more headache when comes to maintenance.. learn how to let go and enjoy it "raw".. even the CD player comes with the car is a bonus which I seldom use, same goes with the rear aircond vent.. :wink:

Before I bought my car, I wanted a diesel but in 2006 (when I placed my initial order), the only diesel I could get was a 530d, and since I wanted a 3er, that meant 320i or 325i (non-Sports). No iDrive either, so that was a BIG bummer for this gadget freak. Luckily for me in Jan 2007, just a couple of weeks before my 325i was due to be delivered, the 325i Sports was launched (with iDrive!!) so I changed my order. The iDrive doesn't make the car faster or anything, but a gadget-freak like me loves it (yes, I bought the Sports just for the iDrive... well the other stuff like the rims, suspension, trim is ok too, hehe).

Still, given a choice, I wouldn't mind a 320d with iDrive. Or better yet, a 325d with iDrive (saw it in BMW Park Lane in London), but we don't get the entire range of models here :(

Anxious, when you r planning to buy? rm150k is a bit low la. my car is probably worth rm185k now.

Schwepps;494038 said:
Fellas, Anxious has a budget of RM150k and is targetting a 2005-2007 325i. Why are you talking about new 320ds, 323is and i-Drive? You're hijacking his thread too far la...

I had a budget for VIOS but end up with a brand new 320i.. it just take some stretching of loan terms with lower interest rates.. same installment amount!! Why not pamper ourselves with a brand new BMW?! How many 40s do we have in life?! :D :D

Hate the feeling of maintaining a used car where most of the wear and tear is not caused by u but the previous owner.. felt like a step father.. :listen: I prefer to make my own.. :wink:

Traveler;494040 said:
Before I bought my car, I wanted a diesel but in 2006 (when I placed my initial order), the only diesel I could get was a 530d, and since I wanted a 3er, that meant 320i or 325i (non-Sports). No iDrive either, so that was a BIG bummer for this gadget freak. Luckily for me in Jan 2007, just a couple of weeks before my 325i was due to be delivered, the 325i Sports was launched (with iDrive!!) so I changed my order. The iDrive doesn't make the car faster or anything, but a gadget-freak like me loves it (yes, I bought the Sports just for the iDrive... well the other stuff like the rims, suspension, trim is ok too, hehe).

Still, given a choice, I wouldn't mind a 320d with iDrive. Or better yet, a 325d with iDrive (saw it in BMW Park Lane in London), but we don't get the entire range of models here :(

Well said bro.. like I said earlier,at least give us options so that we can choose to our heart's desire.Mind,pleasure comes from many different things,not just speed.Different people different sugarpops..

As to Anxious's requirements,for rm150k I can see no better car for his requirements..go for it.

Well I have thought about getting a new E90.

Based on recent discounts for pre registered

323i RM283k to about RM255k
325i RM318k to about RM285k

Maybe when the new 3 series comes out in 2012, we may see a pre reg 323i at say RM230k.

Now that would be tempting as the price difference b/w a 5 year old and brand new would be quite narrow. The jury is still out on this but if the LCI's QC is much better than the pre FL, it may be worth bitting the bullet and going for new.

As for the 320d, I would wait for the diesel quality to improve. Our goverment is so capable of flip flopping that I don't believe in their timetable for introducing Euro 4.

However a pre registered 320d at say RM210k would be very tempting esp as I believe it has the torque of a 330i which in city driving makes all the difference.

Really getting itchy now.

The 323d would be good too, if our diesel quality is up to par.. It's still a 2.0 diesel but wit higher power and torque... yummy...

EDIT: hmm. E90 didn't seem to have this engine.. only for the 1 series.. 123d
201hp and 400Nm

E90 320d has 161hp and 350Nm... (2005 -2007) and 175hp and 350Nm for the post 2007 model..
But IIRC, we get the 161hp version due to our Euro2M diesel...

Anxious, don't wait and think so much. Get the 2005 CBU or 2006 CKD now. :wink: The E36 has whetted your appetite for the world of the BMW 3 series; it's a fine car, but the E90 is several leaps up from it. Now's the time to move up to driving the current model for 2-3 years, and then dream of getting the F30 when it comes out, along with the rest of us.

anxious;494068 said:
Really getting itchy now.

Its okay to get itchy..its only natural ;)

I got itchy as well..and ended up with something I never planned on getting,not so soon anyways.

Supergrippen is an excellent example to follow. Don't wait, just jump in!

PM E46F to sell you his uber-reliable and ultra-well maintained 2005 CBU 325i. It's Regensburg built (hell, he even knows the welds!) has orig performance mods and orig big banana brakes. Racun him to get the 335i (to race with DY) or the 320d (because he likes playing with new OS's)

GO FOR IT bro!

aiyah, those who has been on the forum long enuf will know that this 'kan cheong', accountant by heart, have always asked the whole world for opinion but may or may not doing anything in the end... Cos by the time he counted all the penny, something new comes along and the cycle starts all over again.

But good entertainment nonetheless...

Top Bottom