325 Sports vs IS250 vs new C Class

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
supergripen;325643 said:
i'd wait for the new A4 to come out,then test all three..the e90 325i,the C230 and the A4(tho,i heard only the 1.8 will be available initially,u'll have to wait for the 2.0 a lil'bit longer).

regarding the JDM CTR,its a different animal altogether..trust me,u'll not be able to 'tahan' the ride.nice track tool,but on our roads,u'll be backing off more times than u'd like.been there,done that.leave the JDMs for youngsters..

altho i've moved up a segment to the 5,i still love the 3..tho the e90's rear and interior leaves me cold.but no doubt,it'll still be at the top of the segment,C230 notwithstanding.

I totally agree on the GTR. It's just not made for normal roads and the show room ones I've seen come with semi-slick tyres!

Juan Powerblow;325680 said:
I totally agree on the GTR. It's just not made for normal roads and the show room ones I've seen come with semi-slick tyres!

my neighbour who is also a colleage at work has one,a nice white CTR.no doubt the car looks nice and goes like **** off a shovel,but the ride quality is unbearable.and yup,comes with semi-slicks.. better watch out for those puddles man.

been trying to get him to join HPC.since i've already sold my STi,i don't have a track tool to play with.a ride with him would be nice..could at least show him the lines and braking points.well,till i get my own track car again..don't think my e60 qualifies.a nice 2.7 or 2.8 e30 would be nice,tho i dunno how easy it is to get spares nowadays.

Juan Powerblow;288561 said:
I haven't had the privilege of driving the M3 and C63 to be sure myself but check out Top Gear's test on youtube (Season 10 Episode 10, I think). The M3 had better lap times and could pass the apple test while the C63 floundered. All that horsepower just wasn't sufficiently well matched by the other bits. I have nothing against the C63. If grand paw buys me one for my birthday, I'll take and keep it to harass other cars... on straight roads that is, heh! :rock:

i don't think the C63 won hands down..well,maybe in a straight line la.but think about it,u can get a Satria to beat the M3 in a straight line as well,at a fraction of the cost.but would u want one?

on Fifth Gear,Tiff Needell and Jason Plato had a go as well.in a nutshell,the M3 whacked the C63's arse on the track.the C63(driven by Tiff) was ahead only during the standing start up to the first corner.Jason in the M3 tucked inside on the first turn and was ahead all the to the finish with the C63 having no answer to the M3.in fact,the M3 was pulling away even with its 40bhp/200Nm defisit on the C63:rock:

Tiff in the C63 was saying that if he wanted to keep it neat during the corners/turns,he'll end up understeering away.to make things worse,when he tried to keep pace with the M3 ahead,he'll end up oversteering too much.. the C63 just do not have the chassis balance to handle all that grunt,well,other than going in a straight line la:wink:

some might say the C63 is the better car for normal users on normal roads,and the M3's advantage only shows at the racetrack.they maybe right..to a certain extent.for one,i don't think normal users will buy the C63 to be driven exclusively on the road only.for that,the C350 will suffice.to make use of the C63's grunt,u'd need a racetrack(and a wide one at that hahah!!).. which brings us back to the M3:rock:

bmwjunkie;325559 said:
HI guys, FYI, the new C230 just arrived at the C&C PJ branch on Saturday morning, test drives are avaiable today or tomorrow onwards if not mistaken. I'll be heading down in the afternoon to give it a spin and check it out.

Got the price list, two models, one at RM290K and one at RM304K. Impressive specs, almost as good the 325, but HP is still lagging behind the 325 at only 204HP

My C&C SA invited me for a test-drive and said that the C230 Avantgarde is RM295,888. So if that's the case, it's priced 12k below the 325i Sports. Hmmmm! :bike:

So what's the actual pricing if you've already gone to check it out, bmwjunkie?

BTW, at first I liked the look but the more I look at it, the less impressed I am. :sleep:

Schwepps;326035 said:
BTW, at first I liked the look but the more I look at it, the less impressed I am. :sleep:

My exact feelings. It looks very messy with the lines everywhere, and more and more transformer robotish each time I see it. It ain't getting prettier overtime. Hopefully the 230 AG V6 comes with nicer sports lowering, body kit, wider wheels etc to make it look better.

E46Fanatic;326037 said:
My exact feelings. It looks very messy with the lines everywhere, and more and more transformer robotish each time I see it. It ain't getting prettier overtime. Hopefully the 230 AG V6 comes with nicer sports lowering, body kit, wider wheels etc to make it look better.

i on the other hand quite like how the new C looks tho i don't really fancy the C63's club-bouncer looks.a more subtle,smoother aerokit with 19"alloys and a lowered stance should do the trick.

IMO where the C fails is the drivetrain.it has got no answer to the e90's.. and the e90's looks kinda grows on you over time.

Agree supergripen, that the e90's looks grow on you and looks better and better with a few mods. Even the Sports versions with factory-fitted mods look pretty fierce. :top:

Another area where the new C fails is delivery time. Anyone intending to book a C should really look into the expected delivery and extract some promises. I've heard that people who booked C200s end of last year still haven't gotten their cars yet! :eek: That's why there are so few on the roads even now.

Schwepps;326467 said:
Agree supergripen, that the e90's looks grow on you and looks better and better with a few mods. Even the Sports versions with factory-fitted mods look pretty fierce. :top:

Another area where the new C fails is delivery time. Anyone intending to book a C should really look into the expected delivery and extract some promises. I've heard that people who booked C200s end of last year still haven't gotten their cars yet! :eek: That's why there are so few on the roads even now.

I was wondering why so few on the roads even though the booking list is like so long!

Juan Powerblow;326486 said:
I was wondering why so few on the roads even though the booking list is like so long!

Apparently the list grows faster than the deliveries. Must be some problem somewhere in the production chain. :rolleyes:

Before you plonk your dough, find out what number you are on the list, how many are coming out per month, and whether you can get out with all your dough if they can't keep their delivery estimate.

Better still, book an E9x. It rocks more... :rock:

Only, 60 unit C-Class deliver in march in Malaysia, but BMW 3-Series deliver more then 100 unit, wondering why MB Malaysia do thing like that~!!!

jyeoh;325670 said:
I am a sales advisor at the Perak BMW dealership and had the privilege to test the 320i Sports, 325i Sports, IS250 and C200k Avantgarde during training in BMW hq Cyberjaya. We were given 2 hours to drive the cars back to back and in the end asked to give our personal opinions if we were to chose one to buy. I would say almost everyone chose the 325i Sports. The pros and cons of all the cars had already been posted so i'll just keep it short. To me Lexus is just a Toyota in a tuxedo, though i like the ventilated seats; and the Merc's engine, gearbox, handling is a big joke, although it looks nice. So my personal opinion, without doubt would be BMW anytime, anywhere.

Friend, how is the sales in Perak this few month~???

when I go for joging, I alway saw two new C-Class Elegance and the Avantgarde park together, so I compare each other, but find out not much different between both car........................~!!!

We are all partial to the 3-series but you're being overly biased, bro. If you park a 320iSE, 320iSports, 325i and 325iSports side by side, what great differences do you see? At least the avantgarde has a very different grill from the elegance.

Schwepps;327462 said:
We are all partial to the 3-series but you're being overly biased, bro. If you park a 320iSE, 320iSports, 325i and 325iSports side by side, what great differences do you see? At least the avantgarde has a very different grill from the elegance.

Bro, only the grill and the sport rim is bifferent between both car, but one of them cost 10k more:burnout:, not like BMW 325i and 325i sport, you can notice the different place from each easily, sport rim front and rear spoiler and especially the interior, i-drive and the sport seat.........ect~! and it cost 15k more only, this is what i mean:smokin:~!!!

Steven7;327540 said:
Bro, only the grill and the sport rim is bifferent between both car, but one of them cost 10k more:burnout:, not like BMW 325i and 325i sport, you can notice the different place from each easily, sport rim front and rear spoiler and especially the interior, i-drive and the sport seat.........ect~! and it cost 15k more only, this is what i mean:smokin:~!!!

Well, I was choosing between the E90 325i Sports and E92 323i a year plus ago and even now, I sometimes wonder if I should have opted for the 325i Sports which was cheaper by RM20k. The 325i Sports exudes distinction with the 18" rims, M bodykit and M everything and that i-drive with ensuing sat nav and the works! I think I can spot a 320i from a 325i Sports from quite a distance. There is nothing to stop Merc from kitting the C-Class like the C63 though to keep up.

Oh, has anyone seen the drawings of the new 2012 3-series designated the F30? It was featured in this month's CAR magazine and boy, oh boy, that looks really good!

Steven7;327540 said:

If you want to talk about ALL the differences between Standard and Sports, then I can name even more. You left out M-Sports steering, M-Sports suspension, Satnav, and a few more M-bits here and there. But that's a different conversation from what differences you see in two cars parked together as you go jogging by, my friend. :) Unless you're only looking at the backsides, the avantgarde looks very different from the elegance from the front.

Juan Powerblow;327573 said:
Well, I was choosing between the E90 325i Sports and E92 323i a year plus ago and even now, I sometimes wonder if I should have opted for the 325i Sports which was cheaper by RM20k.

But JPB! You chose the one which oozes style and impresses the chicks! :wink: Believe me, from personal experience women are not impressed by M-stuff and iDrive/satnav at all. Those are purely boy toys. :D

Steven7;327540 said:

New 325i basic is now RM265k (RM23k reduction I believe) vs 325i Sport RM309k. RM44k difference!

Are you talking about Oz or home now, beemerlover? Coz the 325i Sports is no longer available here for the moment.

Top Bottom