Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
SilverBullet;708936 said:
so how do u find the difference between 325i and 320d? huge gap?

At lower rpm 320d will tapau 325 anytime. Only thing I prefer smooth power delivery for 6 inline and not fond of the clatter diesel engine sound. Another thing I cant afford the 320d price. The fuel save doesn't compensate the price diff.
Even I still miss my ex E46 328 torque compare to my E90 325 thou HP is higher. The torque is what the diesel engine provide with the turbo induction. Since u r redy own 330 and manual sumore, I think you will not satisfy in future.

Compare this

[video=youtube;xJO3C0j8F3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJO3C0j8F3U&feature=related[/video]

With this

[video=youtube;H_WQXBSxKow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_WQXBSxKow&feature=related[/video]

Lastly dun forget to brake when u r at high speed hahaha

[video=youtube;YkfRm7-d7Ts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkfRm7-d7Ts&feature=related[/video]

SilverBullet;708911 said:
thanks bhai..actually the purpose of the car would be occasional daily driver (2-3 times per week) and probably more on weekends...i go outstation seldomly and for holiday with family...so i guess the 320d will fit this purpose more?

IMHO if it's gonna be driven more than 3-4days in a week or it'll be your only car,get the 320d.

I have a Mitsubishi for my daily chores.. the 335i is my prized stallion:) used only when I'm in 'the mood'.

SilverBullet;708911 said:
thanks bhai..actually the purpose of the car would be occasional daily driver (2-3 times per week) and probably more on weekends...i go outstation seldomly and for holiday with family...so i guess the 320d will fit this purpose more?

NO, it got to be 320d+powerkit+ optional "Vector"/"DTUK" + super low FC
DTUK might be worth to look at....at least it gives you some modes to play with

jwah;708993 said:

jwah...sounds good.I bet it'll be awesome;)

Silverbullet,u have ur answer.

ok finally bite the bullet and ordered a 320d.. now arranging for my number plate.. need advise on whether to take delivery of the car and use it first then install the powerkit later or just have everything done before i take delivery? im worried if i already have 400NM+ on day one, i'll get bored in a few weeks and im running out of excuses to change cars..
this is my first diesel car but not my first turbo.. the excuse given to home minister to get the D is that its a proper family car with better FC than my current daily driver mk6 gti..

you can always have it stock first and have the powerkit installed later,just to get the taste of pre-and post installation.
since you have another daily drive,wont be much of a hassle if you need to send in the car couple of days to get the powerkit installed.

Unless of course you can get a good deal installing it together during the purchase.

jwah;708993 said:

hi jwah,

for you info, Vector not only have 7 modes for you to fine tune but has the capability to do customs tune with software on dyno locally if you wish. i don't think other brand or anyone else here has the software to reprogram/tuning a tuning box. it is 100% transferrable.

jwah;708950 said:
can go for K&N filter around RM300 or get from US RM170. Tested can reduce fuel consumption on a petrol car, but on Diesel I have no idea. May be increasing hp as has better air intake

hi jwah,

K&N no doubt will increase the flow especially it is clean. however, due to poor maintenance of the filter itself (washing & oiling), it might give side effect to the MAF and eventually poorer performance. this is because, too much of oiling will make the MAF covered with oil and reduce sensitivity. too little will let dust get into the engine combustion and has more wear.

usually K&N gives more gain for NA engine but for turbo, it is minimum bcos it is already force fed.

if possible, get dry type high flow air filter. just my 2cents

lude;709080 said:
ok finally bite the bullet and ordered a 320d.. now arranging for my number plate.. need advise on whether to take delivery of the car and use it first then install the powerkit later or just have everything done before i take delivery? im worried if i already have 400NM+ on day one, i'll get bored in a few weeks and im running out of excuses to change cars..
this is my first diesel car but not my first turbo.. the excuse given to home minister to get the D is that its a proper family car with better FC than my current daily driver mk6 gti..

Usually u have a better discount when install it at purchase-ask for MR5K for the Power Kit-otherwise its 7,500MR.

namidub;709150 said:
you can always have it stock first and have the powerkit installed later,just to get the taste of pre-and post installation.
since you have another daily drive,wont be much of a hassle if you need to send in the car couple of days to get the powerkit installed.

Unless of course you can get a good deal installing it together during the purchase.
i went to test the car again this evening and decided yeah i'll enjoy the stock car so i have something to look forward to later..

docrayboy;709256 said:
Usually u have a better discount when install it at purchase-ask for MR5K for the Power Kit-otherwise its 7,500MR.
asked them but was told its still the same price.. 7.5k with installation.. so no hurry to install it immediately..

took delivery of my power kitted 320d last friday and have done 1.4k mileage in just 24hrs.. here is my review..

- LOOKS: from the front grill you can notice the larger cooler.. yes, this cooler is way larger that the stock.. it actually makes the 320d look great from the front..

- D MODE: i test drove it on D mode.. you can tell now that the D mode now feels like the DS mode before the upgrade.. smoother feeling.. why? i duno

- DS MODE: then i tested the DS mode.. the torque pull is far greater and i tell you the 320d really comes alive with this powerkit.. the torque pull can be felt even at 160km/hr which was not felt before kitted..

- SUMMARY: this RM7k++ upgrade does not do wonders if you ask me.. it just gives you extra torque whenever necessary.. practical both for city and highway driving..

initialM;709522 said:
Sorry to ask. How much HP & NM gain with powerkit?

from stock 135kW/380nm to 147kW/420nm
which translates to about 16hp/40nm gain.

muhaiminrahim, namidub, waiting on your powerkit + vector poisonous review. The guy who offer Vector do offer free trail 012 2 1 1 8 3 8 1.

I am still waiting for my powerkitty, Quill is still Queueueue...?

hi guys,

yesterday, one of my dreams came true for having a drive in a E92 320d Manual + Vector. many thanks to its owner for letting me to go 'wild'. the short stroke gear shifting is addictive plus those extra hp & torque, it is a blast. even in 6th gear, 'G' is still there when floor it. hitting 180+kph is a breeze. :top:

thanks a lot, bro.

My own take: the value of the powerkit is the larger fan & intercooler. Makes for a much stabler baseline for future remap/tuning boxes/etc.
I kinda like the ECU remap too when I tested the kit, it's a smoother power curve for the 6 speed GB that the 320d has, which translates to much better feel during acceleration - the car feels like it has extra breath. the extra 40Nms kick does make a difference too.

bro tazztham - tell us more about the vectored kit!!!

Maniac;709647 said:
bro tazztham - tell us more about the vectored kit!!!

hi maniac,

Vector Tuning basically specialized in diesel tuning even before commonrail diesel engines. they are one of the very few leading German tuning box manufacturers that R&D the tuning box and test it on track for drivability, not just on dyno. just a few key points.

1. 100% Plug & Drive technology
2. Using the latest ATMEL processor
3. Fully digital box (not analog which is very cheap)
4. Fully programmable and transferable
5. Minimum gain >20% in HP & Torque
6. Undetectable by diagnosis equipment

For more info pls check out http://www.vector-tuning.com/en/index.php

Top Bottom