Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
there was a thread somewhere in here before, but i found this in the e90 website.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=gearbox+reset

"1. Turn cars electronics on-push start button once or twice without turning the actual engine on.

2.Hold the gas pedal to the floor for 25 seconds
3. Most times you will hear the gearbox resetting itself and hear some "noise" coming from your car but not always noticable so dont worry if you dont
4 Now start your car and enjoy the gearbox reset to its factor settings and open for all new learning. The shifts are silky smooth again and shift points shift faster-basically it totally makes your tranny perform better. "

hope this helps..i tried it and it does work, but it could just be me feeling the placebo effect..haaha

docrayboy;711273 said:
How to do that carl?

Finally, got my car into the pit stop for 3 days 2 nights stay. Thanks my SA to get me a 323i lady car immediately appreciate the diesel engine.
Was looking for a BMW Performance Silencer, offered RM5k but stated aftermarket so dump it....then ask for 5k regular service(Diesel service interval is 12k). The service engineer says no need but better save the money for BMW Performance Brake.... Aluminium Disc to lower the weight, Banana Color Caliper look cool...go for it , damaged 7300. But the question now how to tell my wife this is just a cosmetic upgrade? Powerkit of course she will never know :)

RM5K for the performance silencer? kinda pricey..what do you mean its after market?> would it void the warranty?
Tell the wife the brakes are a necessity and not cosmetic!:D

jwah;717611 said:
Finally, got my car into the pit stop for 3 days 2 nights stay. Thanks my SA to get me a 323i lady car immediately appreciate the diesel engine.
Was looking for a BMW Performance Silencer, offered RM5k but stated aftermarket so dump it....then ask for 5k regular service(Diesel service interval is 12k). The service engineer says no need but better save the money for BMW Performance Brake.... Aluminium Disc to lower the weight, Banana Color Caliper look cool...go for it , damaged 7300. But the question now how to tell my wife this is just a cosmetic upgrade? Powerkit of course she will never know :)

jwah;717611 said:
which dealer are u sending it to? my appointment at ingress is on 1 march and theyre telling me they have another 5 customers in line waiting for a courtesy car.. any idea if the brakes can fit on the stock 17" rims?

In UK, there already the BMW performance Silencer for about GBP500.00. Actually the performance silencer is just a straight pipe with some absorbers and fine tune the Sound effect. Any aftermarket here shall do the same job. The Service engineer says the Performance silencer is for E90 petrol cars and "aftermarket".

The Performance Brake somehow void the BSRI brake replacement....you cannot use the BSRI for this brake, brake pad cost around RM1000.00

yes, it fits the 17" rim

Whoa..what ? the brake pads cost a grand? It would probably be better to do the brake pad replacements outside and source the parts. Last i checked you could probably get it for about RM800..

jwah;717618 said:
In UK, there already the BMW performance Silencer for about GBP500.00. Actually the performance silencer is just a straight pipe with some absorbers and fine tune the Sound effect. Any aftermarket here shall do the same job. The Service engineer says the Performance silencer is for E90 petrol cars and "aftermarket".

The Performance Brake somehow void the BSRI brake replacement....you cannot use the BSRI for this brake, brake pad cost around RM1000.00

yes, it fits the 17" rim

I sent my car to Quill, I have been Queueueueueueueueing for 2 months already because I do need the courtesy car for work. So your 1 march I think is reasonable. Just don't upgrade the brake....out there cheaper even with front + rare

Actually when I look around in this forum I found somebody done the front and rare BMW Performance Brake for just RM6500.00. Ship from HK. Here they charged us RM7300.00 for the front was just too much...no wonder they are fat...

RM800 for the pad...ok let me know the source then

6500 for front and rear was a steal I think. I remember reading that someone where in the forum but it was apparently a mistake which they had to adhere to. I think 7.3k from fronts is pretty decent compared to the previous price of rm11k.
But if that deal ever comes out again, I'm gonna grab the rears too! Lol

jwah;717634 said:
I sent my car to Quill, I have been Queueueueueueueueing for 2 months already because I do need the courtesy car for work. So your 1 march I think is reasonable. Just don't upgrade the brake....out there cheaper even with front + rare

Actually when I look around in this forum I found somebody done the front and rare BMW Performance Brake for just RM6500.00. Ship from HK. Here they charged us RM7300.00 for the front was just too much...no wonder they are fat...

RM800 for the pad...ok let me know the source then

320d powerkited feel like riding a dragon now, before it was a horse. With 420NM of torque and its economic fuel consumption 8.4l/km, I think we will have hard time to love other car.

BMW performance Brake money spent well! Got to have this to stop the dragon.

Alignment was completely out because of installation of the brake, went to MPS for a fix. Spent RM132.50 for alignment...this alignment process took 1 hour with three test drives. The test driver said no siok, retune; no siok , retune. Really professional, money well spent again XD.

I was wrong, the fuel consumption definitely going up by 5%. Before 8.4L/100KM, now 8.8L/100KM.

No turning company will say increase in fuel consumption! All say decreasing in FC, Only BMW says no 0%....Haha

Picked up my kitted D yesterday and only managed to test it out today.. The pull is definitely better than the stock car..
Only managed to hit 230kmh on MEX a couple times before wind noise just got crazy loud..

I had a great week with DTUK in my d. dont feel like giving it back..!!! n now seriously thinking about it.. had so many settings but impressed with the setting it came with.. i suppose if i were to take time to try the rest, i'm sure i'll find the one that suited me most..

THANK YOU gameover... !!!!

kong;721082 said:
I had a great week with DTUK in my d. dont feel like giving it back..!!! n now seriously thinking about it.. had so many settings but impressed with the setting it came with.. i suppose if i were to take time to try the rest, i'm sure i'll find the one that suited me most..

hi kong,

i am glad that you appreciate the diesel tuning box which is simple yet with instance power increase. since you tried DTUK, would you like to try Vector? just doing comparison.

tazztham... can oso.... :) when is next tt..? we can meet then... :) i missed all the tts you had in Citta Malll.. :(

kong;722192 said:
tazztham... can oso.... :) when is next tt..? we can meet then... :) i missed all the tts you had in Citta Malll.. :(

Come tonite Paparich PJ TT behind Quill PJ 9.30pm onwards!!

kong;721082 said:

i agree. the little box provides a super addictive experience. engine feels like it has so much more to give, and doesn't feel breathless at high speeds. so many map/boost combos too, to suit whatever driving style you like. wish i could have held on to it for longer to try them all to heart's content, and to test FC changes.
thanks bro gameover for the loaner and kong for helping with the setup.

Maniac;722590 said:
i agree. the little box provides a super addictive experience. engine feels like it has so much more to give, and doesn't feel breathless at high speeds. so many map/boost combos too, to suit whatever driving style you like. wish i could have held on to it for longer to try them all to heart's content, and to test FC changes.
thanks bro gameover for the loaner and kong for helping with the setup.

Guys, glad you had fun with the DTUK. :D

Good mini 320d TT last nite with maniac, gameover and kong at Kayu Mamak Restaurant SS2! kong and maniac took my Vectored 320d out for a spin and thoroughly likedit too. very smooth power delivery. Like a petrol V6 now. Like a 3L twin turbo petrol V6 now to be more precise.

Top Bottom