Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bhai,kalau nak daily driver go for the 320d..it's an awesome car for the purpose.If u want a car for weekend fun,the 335i fits the bill perfectly.

I drive my 335i maybe once a week only..Sepang to PJ to Sepang,rm50 in fuel gone(ron97).Not something you would want everyday.

The 320d will never beat a 335i in terms of performance,no matter what the circumstance.But the 320d fights back with everyday useability combined with huge torque and good acceleration.

namidub;708565 said:
well if u are more a torque of person,we are in the same boat.only on few occasion i hit past 230kmh.normally just cruising on the hiway between 160-200kmh.
Never tried with a 335i,maybe can realize during next meet up with any members whose driving 335 e,g dzuljazz or bailey.heheh

yes,best to test drive both and follow your instinct.rather than hearing to fanboys.hehehehe

i don't know the exact price,but i will ask, i am sending my 320d for power kit installation now.

cheers.

Aik why my name laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????????

SilverBullet;708526 said:
thanks bros for the kind feedbacks :)

true the 335i is a beast and a dream to have..but looking for a sedan version is quite difficult, apart from being higher priced..I am actually more of a torque person..highest top speed I've driven was only around 200 km/h..the torque figures for both 320d and 335i is quite similar..wonder who will win in a 200m sprint, say from a traffic light?

I guess have to test drive both cars then can make a decision..hopefully a good one..

namidub,

how much do you reckon a premium selection 320d should be priced at the moment?

I'm also a torque person thats why I always go the highest cc I can afford. Always concern on NM than HP. I think u use to own 330 manual rite? Was it SCed? If u ask me for u go for 335. Not to dissappoint 320d bro here but I think you will dissappointed. 320d is a fun car with the torque especially in city drive. But I choose 330 & 335 over it. At the end of the day its your preference and affordability. My personal preference is always high cc car especially the ///M or V8 engine.

Let this thread continue to discuss on the power enhancement of 320d. Just enjoy the Ultimate Driving Machine.

335i is practical for super long drives.. can tekan tekan tekan and car can go go go :4:
320d is practical for daily city drives.. swoosh swoosh here and there easily between traffic lights :4:

Oh ya forget to add. Please upgrade your car handling and safety with power upgrade too.
Good effort on this thread starter on the BBK

namidub;708640 said:
halo kawan, 320d vs 335i road tax very much different lah. 2.0 (Rm377) vs (3.0 (RMxxxx)
anyways,this comes from somebody who crashed his 320d and got a "rental" 335i during the recent visit to the elephants and patins.hehehe

so there you go...

335i (3.0L or 2979cc to be exact will have a roadtax of RM2077.50)..use to own an M54B30 last time so sort of know the feeling of renewing the roadtax annually - painful for 1 day, joy for the rest of 364 days :)

howabout insurance guys? any much difference between 320d and 335i?

SilverBullet;708689 said:
335i (3.0L or 2979cc to be exact will have a roadtax of RM2077.50)..use to own an M54B30 last time so sort of know the feeling of renewing the roadtax annually - painful for 1 day, joy for the rest of 364 days :)

howabout insurance guys? any much difference between 320d and 335i?

320D/ pre-reg 2011
A= yearly insurance is RM6219.90 inclusive of windscreen (sum insured RM228k)
B= yearly road tax is RM755.00 for 12months
C= yearly once off heartache= A+B= 6974.90

muhaiminrahim;708730 said:
320D/ pre-reg 2011
A= yearly insurance is RM6219.90 inclusive of windscreen (sum insured RM228k)
B= yearly road tax is RM755.00 for 12months
C= yearly once off heartache= A+B= 6974.90

hi bro,

i dont hav a 320d but i used to hav a 1.9 Green Diesel engine before. roadtax is onlt rm380/yr. so i think 320d will be less than rm400 too as mentioned by docraboy.

tazztham;708764 said:
hi bro,

i dont hav a 320d but i used to hav a 1.9 Green Diesel engine before. roadtax is onlt rm380/yr. so i think 320d will be less than rm400 too as mentioned by docraboy.

should be 377MYR

initialM;708671 said:
I'm also a torque person thats why I always go the highest cc I can afford. Always concern on NM than HP. I think u use to own 330 manual rite? Was it SCed? If u ask me for u go for 335. Not to dissappoint 320d bro here but I think you will dissappointed. 320d is a fun car with the torque especially in city drive. But I choose 330 & 335 over it. At the end of the day its your preference and affordability. My personal preference is always high cc car especially the ///M or V8 engine.

Let this thread continue to discuss on the power enhancement of 320d. Just enjoy the Ultimate Driving Machine.

bang IM, i can still remember your famous quote, "no replacement for displacement"..hehe..i loike that...but for 320d, say the torque figure is around 420Nm after some mods, slightly the same as 335i..so my confusion is, where will the 320d lose say from 60km/h - 120kmh sprints? maybe a lot of other factors will play in but the 420Nm figure has to be justified somewhere..fening fening..

oh btw, My personal preference is always high cc car especially the ///M or V8 engine., either of this will be ur next car after selling both ur cuntchills ke? hehehe..cabutzz

yup, use to own a manual 330 ori, was planning to put in ESS TS2 inside but car was sold...heard it's now undergoing ESS TS4 instead (with upgraded engine internals), getting 500hp or so..i heard la not sure if my 'janda' finally got that 'boob job' or not..hehe..but between 320d and 335i i guess have to test drive both cars and see what I'm missing or gaining from my previous ride :)

thanks bros for all the comments and feedbacks, imho the 320d does make good performance figures, cant imagine what's the figure gonna be after combining power kit and vector :)

Interesting to see a powerkitted 320d vectored.
Other than chipping/remapping what can be done to further mod to gain slightly more hp/nm?
Will perf exhaust help for diesel engines? Air filter is of any help?
Pls enlighten me sifus....im a noob...

namidub;708830 said:
Other than chipping/remapping what can be done to further mod to gain slightly more hp/nm?

Why not ? boleh try la dulu bro..how's your power kit?bila boleh test?

namidub;708830 said:

hi namidub,

of course you can go on and mod your ride but the big question is are you willing to give up the warranty or not. other than tuning box mod, the rest of the mods will have to change hardwares. one of the effective possibility is to do a manual/electronic boost controller. it will improve performance quite a bit.

supergripen;708661 said:
Bhai,kalau nak daily driver go for the 320d..it's an awesome car for the purpose.If u want a car for weekend fun,the 335i fits the bill perfectly.

I drive my 335i maybe once a week only..Sepang to PJ to Sepang,rm50 in fuel gone(ron97).Not something you would want everyday.

The 320d will never beat a 335i in terms of performance,no matter what the circumstance.But the 320d fights back with everyday useability combined with huge torque and good acceleration.

thanks bhai..actually the purpose of the car would be occasional daily driver (2-3 times per week) and probably more on weekends...i go outstation seldomly and for holiday with family...so i guess the 320d will fit this purpose more?

Another famous quote; diff stroke for diff folk.
I've done my research between 325 & 320d. For me 335 is not the comparison for 320d.
Test all cars and enjoy the one you like.

initialM;708926 said:
Another famous quote; diff stroke for diff folk.
I've done my research between 325 & 320d. For me 335 is not the comparison for 320d.
Test all cars and enjoy the one you like.

so how do u find the difference between 325i and 320d? huge gap?

namidub;708830 said:

can go for K&N filter around RM300 or get from US RM170. Tested can reduce fuel consumption on a petrol car, but on Diesel I have no idea. May be increasing hp as has better air intake

Top Bottom