320i vs Civic 2.0

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fabianyee;738719 said:
My E30 318i can tapau the E90 320i......
Alfa 159 2.2 oso tapau.
630i oso almost tapau
but E90 325i cannot tapau, maybe only on windy B roads.

CABUTS....

Wah... tapau style driving...

What I do enjoy is the cornering + turbocharger of the UDM. Sometimes when it's yellow light and needed to cross it yet you are like 20 m away from the light.*

Floor the paddle, precise braking and releasing, whoosh... Crossing the 90 degree turning road without tyre screeching sound yet it's still yellow light. That's handling of the UDM.*

Please, I stated here yellow, not red. I'm not saying jump the red light. Don't get me wrong.*

Cornering 2
High cornering speed on the highway. Even the GTI moves gracefully to the left. Waved the thank you hand signal as courtesy when over taking. That's the handling of the UDM.*

Cornering 3 + turbocharger
On one Sunday*morning at MRR2, a Vios came tailgating me at the super right timing, right in front of the S-cornering road.

Since half way of the S-cornering, that Vios never seen my tail lights for the rest of the road. LOL

Man, I love the handling of this machine.*

When I drive altis, I will drive very slowly and carefully especially on rainy day.*
Because I can't touch the road (grip) at all.*

My machine has no paddle shift, I wonder heavy shifting would tapau the gear box or not. Salesman said will not tapau. Any experience sifu mind sharing your advice?

Btw, I have a history of tapau the toyota gear box.

haha.. I was posting in jest..

Anyway, every forum also got tapau stories... never ending. the safest tapau stories would be on the track... ;)

Same old spray testosterone stories ... LOL! Sorry but its simply boring and childish.

fabianyee;756594 said:
haha.. I was posting in jest..

Anyway, every forum also got tapau stories... never ending. the safest tapau stories would be on the track... ;)

Yes, don't drive tapau style on the road. Enjoy the journey is half the fun. :top:
My ride is a rival magnet, most of the time I ignore them.

tIANcI;756604 said:
Same old spray testosterone stories ... LOL! Sorry but its simply boring and childish.

Maybe the way I tried to describe the handling of the UDM wasn't right.*

How would you describe the handling of the UDM?

Geometry;756738 said:
Maybe the way I tried to describe the handling of the UDM wasn't right.*

How would you describe the handling of the UDM?

I enjoy the handling of my E90 in terms of how it carries through a corner. The car is reasonably stable, its well composed. Pretty poised to a certain extent. Entering a corner you do not feel it being over eager nor sluggish. At mid corner I do not feel it trying to understeer nor the back getting nervous. My description is that he car feels flat and turns in as one vehicle. Unlike some that makes you wonder if the car is in two halves, each with a mind of its own. Exiting the corner, I enjoy the stability of the rear, there is no sideways shuddering or sway that is usually present in Japanese cars of the same category. The rear loses traction in a pleasant yet predictable manner. Almost 'linear' as I would describe it. It causes no nervousness.

And if you read carefully, you will see that my ability to obtain a job as a motor journalist is about 15% at best. LOL!!!

tIANcI;756750 said:
I enjoy the handling of my E90 in terms of how it carries through a corner. The car is reasonably stable, its well composed. Pretty poised to a certain extent. Entering a corner you do not feel it being over eager nor sluggish. At mid corner I do not feel it trying to understeer nor the back getting nervous. My description is that he car feels flat and turns in as one vehicle. Unlike some that makes you wonder if the car is in two halves, each with a mind of its own. Exiting the corner, I enjoy the stability of the rear, there is no sideways shuddering or sway that is usually present in Japanese cars of the same category. The rear loses traction in a pleasant yet predictable manner. Almost 'linear' as I would describe it. It causes no nervousness.

And if you read carefully, you will see that my ability to obtain a job as a motor journalist is about 15% at best. LOL!!!

You just hit the nail on it's head on why I'm very happy keeping my entry spec BMW, despite its maintenance nightmare and slight under power engine, and it has nothing to do with horsepower or 0-100 dash.

You have just described hugging 1 corner, wait till you hit the zig-zag trunk roads with continuation of left and right corners with various degree of tightness and sharpness. The car just played along with mother nature like a mother tossing a baby from left arm to right arm. It gives the driver the fun but secured sense of joy that we keep crying for more. It's so addictive.. :4:

Drool.jpg

Looks like we have lots of motor journalists here. :top:

There are no absolute way to convey idea. You have your way, I have mine. You seems very satisfied with your way, yet astroboy pointed your lacking and he has his very own way to describe the handling of the UDM. *

On contrary to childish, being mature inclusive of some characteristics, for example, responsibility and the ability to respect the differences among each others. We are all being brought up differently. We have different experience and different perception. If we are not able to respect the differences among each other, jumping to the judgement faster than the turbocharger, that wasn't nice.*

It's more important to be nice.

Chill...

The dangers of posting on a 2 dimensional online forum is the lack of facial expression and intonation which goes with the words. Don't take the words too seriously.

My tapau stories posted were all gentleman runs on highway. Just for a bit of fun to rid the boredom of cruising alone on long journeys. And I don't tailgate too. I'm more than happy to have a fast car ahead of me to clear the roadhogs. ;)

Geometry;756834 said:
Looks like we have lots of motor journalists here. :top:

There are no absolute way to convey idea. You have your way, I have mine. You seems very satisfied with your way, yet astroboy pointed your lacking and he has his very own way to describe the handling of the UDM. *

On contrary to childish, being mature inclusive of some characteristics, for example, responsibility and the ability to respect the differences among each others. We are all being brought up differently. We have different experience and different perception. If we are not able to respect the differences among each other, jumping to the judgement faster than the turbocharger, that wasn't nice.*

It's more important to be nice.

Astroboy did not point out my lacking in the manner you are putting it. I described ONE corner, he likes a series of them. Let me state what I was getting at. In most of the international motoring forums, any posts about testosterone spraying on roads are either CENSURED or CENSORED. I am not trying to be a hypocrite but sometimes what are we portraying by this "I tar pau that fella on DUKE highway last night man, my car handling so terror one, he cannot even corner as hard as me I tell you! That fella try to take me on the inside but I just hang on and he had to back off because of his silly Potong cannot drift through a corner as my super terror car." Okay ... I am just hyping it up. But perhaps, just perhaps ... we outta keep the Road Warrior stuff to a bare minimum or so? What do you think?

Astro ... I still feel the need for somemore ponies ... just a bit more la. One of the best roads are the lesser travelled through the estates. I have been on some before and they were awesome. Nice meanders, smooth, very little traffic. Syiokness ... you enjoy how the car handles.

The art of tapau-ing is most of the time depending on who has the bigger balls. No trophy awaits at the end of the road. Just make sure we don't endanger other species on the road. Co-existence is necessary to ensure survival of all species, they compliment each other. :4:

tIANcI;756873 said:
Astro ... I still feel the need for somemore ponies ... just a bit more la. One of the best roads are the lesser travelled through the estates. I have been on some before and they were awesome. Nice meanders, smooth, very little traffic. Syiokness ... you enjoy how the car handles.

Extra horsepower won't help you corner any faster, better grip tyre will.. :4:

But then again, better tyre won't help you becoming a better driver, lousy tyre will.. :4:

Interesting...I am a convert from Civic to E90 as well...nice car as the Civic is, it just doesn't compare when it comes to driving experience and feel. Bimmers are not called UDMs for nothing!

joonsuan;758943 said:
Interesting...I am a convert from Civic to E90 as well...nice car as the Civic is, it just doesn't compare when it comes to driving experience and feel. Bimmers are not called UDMs for nothing!

Agreed, and it definitely live up to its name as "Banyak Masuk Workshop" too.

EL118;759060 said:
Agreed, and it definitely live up to its name as "Banyak Masuk Workshop" too.

As long as the workshop is an accessories workshop...

tIANcI;756872 said:
Astroboy did not point out my lacking in the manner you are putting it. I described ONE corner, he likes a series of them. Let me state what I was getting at. In most of the international motoring forums, any posts about testosterone spraying on roads are either CENSURED or CENSORED. I am not trying to be a hypocrite but sometimes what are we portraying by this "I tar pau that fella on DUKE highway last night man, my car handling so terror one, he cannot even corner as hard as me I tell you! That fella try to take me on the inside but I just hang on and he had to back off because of his silly Potong cannot drift through a corner as my super terror car." Okay ... I am just hyping it up. But perhaps, just perhaps ... we outta keep the Road Warrior stuff to a bare minimum or so? What do you think?

I think you are right. Cheers :rock:

Geometry ... Wanna go Sepang during the next outing? Fun la ... Whether drive or not, fast or slow ... Its fun la

Kevin ... Everyone is invited la. Keep an eye out ok. This time very important to tale group photo!

Top Bottom