Issues with the BMW Performance Power Kit for 320d?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
c-square said:
cool... but you all drive fast-fast, I scared. Hehe
Not fast at all, take it easy and relax. It's not a race. Can always have a nice cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salloom,

If you are comparing diesels with petrol, then yes, comparatively there is a little lag, but is never so pronounced in my experience. Petrol cars will have better throttle response.

I take it this is your first diesel car?

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z1 using Tapatalk Pro

R u sure joonsuan..? I recall a reflex silver oil burner (with black stripes) was quicker off the blocks compared to an N20 during a midnight experiment session..

_M_ said:
R u sure joonsuan..? I recall a mineral grey oil burner (with black stripes) was quicker off the blocks compared to an N20 during a midnight experiment session..
I do not recall this. Can we do a demo in MMZ tonight? :p

I wonder who that is... Mineral Grey, hmm

joonsuan said:
I wonder who that is... Mineral Grey, hmm
Mineral Grey.. what do u mean bro..?

_M_ said:
Mineral Grey.. what do u mean bro..?
Was just wondering whose diesel that was, mineral grey color. Don't lah edit your post!

I know JS's car is reflex silver. No idea who drives a mineral grey

Wah, so many new colors! How do they look like?

If memory serves, it looks something like this.. but with black side stripes..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 14
Ooh that car is a monster! I remember, the moment you take your eyes off it, it will dissapear from your sight!

I'm currently on PPK+DTUK without Pedalbox. With or without the DTUK, I sometime get that long lag before the throttle sets it. But this usually only happens when I'm at 'D' mode and also not full throttle (before pedal click).
However, whenever I'm in 'DS' or Manual I don't get this lag. I mean the long lag like 1.5sec before engine response.
This is my experience on my F30 320d. And yes, that blardy lag during normal 'D' mode is damn annoying at times.

Crescent,
I'm contemplating PPK + DTUK too but wanna get your opinion on the reliability for F30 320d.

Averagely what kinda HP and torque you're looking at?

Do you need to do up your brakes?

prodigy said:
Crescent,
I'm contemplating PPK + DTUK too but wanna get your opinion on the reliability for F30 320d.

Averagely what kinda HP and torque you're looking at?

Do you need to do up your brakes?
On the dyno runs, I see the combination of PPK and DTUK yields around 206ps at the wheel and 440Nm - 460Nm at the wheel.

Mavik said:
On the dyno runs, I see the combination of PPK and DTUK yields around 206ps at the wheel and 440Nm - 460Nm at the wheel.
Yeah, I saw another person's dyno somewhere online stating the figure about what Mavik mentioned.
I haven't had the chance to do mine yet so I can't really confirm. Will only be free to do it in June when I'm back. Maybe someone else here has results to share? :)

As for the brakes, I'm no expert in this but I think there's no real need unless you're doing lots of track and spirited drive?
If I'm not wrong, 328i is using the same brakes as 320i/d. If the brake still works for 328i + Chip, I think it'll work for us.
But no harm uprating your brake to the M Performance :D The brakes is now sufficient for my style of driving, but if I were to do performance mod the brakes is definitely on my top to do haha.
I think a few guys here changed their brake lines to the good ridge (or something along this brand name) and feedback better response and feel.

I can't live without my DTUK now. :) The engine response with PPK + DTUK is really awesome. For me that is. :)

Yeah the BBK is better if you are going to track your car. Upgrade your brake pads would be a better alternative. Changing to steel braided brake hose (sbbh) will also help but mostly when you are driving your car to high heat conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonder what would happen if an e90 330d is made available........hehehehe......

Mavik said:
I thought DTUK itself yields 200hp, 440Nm?

Top Bottom