Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Maniac;709647 said:
My own take: the value of the powerkit is the larger fan & intercooler. Makes for a much stabler baseline for future remap/tuning boxes/etc.
I kinda like the ECU remap too when I tested the kit, it's a smoother power curve for the 6 speed GB that the 320d has, which translates to much better feel during acceleration - the car feels like it has extra breath. the extra 40Nms kick does make a difference too.

bro tazztham - tell us more about the vectored kit!!!

Maniac....Could you post some review on your DTUK?

Just saw some quotes about 320d vs 335? Pm Bailey or David yong to arrange rempitting session......nothing better than seeing and feeling it live....to all 320d members and 335....
Bro silver bullet, it's all on budget and what u really want.....but to compare which is faster, all comes down to balls.....and skills...hehehehe...like how I cannot catch up with myvi in nkve.
Like me, 335 weekend drive....and go work and daily run around, my e30 or exora.

after 2 years of driving a Toyota Vios and working my arse off I finally manage to get my dream car, a BMW.

and i opted for the 320d nonetheless. Got my car a couple days ago at Auto Bavaria Premium Selection before CNY. It's a Feb 2011 model with i-Drive and 10k mileage done.

Loving it to bits! Stumbled upon this forum recently only and decided to drop by and say Hi! Hope to learn more from reading all your posts (started at page 1!)

Found out that there are two things that I can add to my car to make it more beastly than ever in the forms of Powerkit and Vector.

Lastly, I didn't even know my car has this thing called DS mode till I read this thread....ahhahaha, don't laugh at me

phonzy;709748 said:
after 2 years of driving a Toyota Vios and working my arse off I finally manage to get my dream car, a BMW.

and i opted for the 320d nonetheless. Got my car a couple days ago at Auto Bavaria Premium Selection before CNY. It's a Feb 2011 model with i-Drive and 10k mileage done.

Loving it to bits! Stumbled upon this forum recently only and decided to drop by and say Hi! Hope to learn more from reading all your posts (started at page 1!)

Found out that there are two things that I can add to my car to make it more beastly than ever in the forms of Powerkit and Vector.

Lastly, I didn't even know my car has this thing called DS mode till I read this thread....ahhahaha, don't laugh at me

welcome to the forum phonzy.
congrats on your first bimmer.saw u've registered your name on the 320d owner's list.
kindly introduce yourself with the given templates on the Newbies section.

look forward for you to join our tts/drives.

Would really love to hear some reviews about power-kitted 320d coupled with Vector....anyone here has installed both? thx

tazztham;709571 said:
hi guys,

yesterday, one of my dreams came true for having a drive in a E92 320d Manual + Vector. many thanks to its owner for letting me to go 'wild'. the short stroke gear shifting is addictive plus those extra hp & torque, it is a blast. even in 6th gear, 'G' is still there when floor it. hitting 180+kph is a breeze. :top:

thanks a lot, bro.

is it the doc car? the only 320d with manual transmission....

tazztham;709710 said:
hi maniac,

Vector Tuning basically specialized in diesel tuning even before commonrail diesel engines. they are one of the very few leading German tuning box manufacturers that R&D the tuning box and test it on track for drivability, not just on dyno. just a few key points.

For more info pls check out http://www.vector-tuning.com/en/index.php

Thx bro, am familiar with vector, and i was actually curious about how the vectored powerkitted 320d performed. pardon my poorly phrased question earlier. let me try again - what was the difference in how the car behaved post vector in a powerkitted diesel?

jwah;709712 said:
Maniac....Could you post some review on your DTUK?

dr, my ride's stock. will try to post some comments if i get to try out the unit.

Maniac;710203 said:
Thx bro, am familiar with vector, and i was actually curious about how the vectored powerkitted 320d performed. pardon my poorly phrased question earlier. let me try again - what was the difference in how the car behaved post vector in a powerkitted diesel?

dr, my ride's stock. will try to post some comments if i get to try out the unit.

With Vector,the 320d becomes more like a petrolcar- power delivery is more linear now. FC does go up-I managed 730km on a full tank yesterday post vector. Usually I get about 760-780km per full tank. The only gripe I have about it is in DS setting, it hits the 5K redline quite easily and then the engine 'hangs'-NO lift off! So,you have to keep an eye on the rev meter and constantly upshift everytime it near 5K RPM. Without the vector, you can just floor it whether in D or DS mode, and the gear box sorts itself out with the shifts. In the Powerkiited 320d cars,do you all also face this glitch?

docrayboy;710207 said:
With Vector,the 320d becomes more like a petrolcar- power delivery is more linear now. FC does go up-I managed 730km on a full tank yesterday post vector. Usually I get about 760-780km per full tank. The only gripe I have about it is in DS setting, it hits the 5K redline quite easily and then the engine 'hangs'-NO lift off! So,you have to keep an eye on the rev meter and constantly upshift everytime it near 5K RPM. Without the vector, you can just floor it whether in D or DS mode, and the gear box sorts itself out with the shifts. In the Powerkiited 320d cars,do you all also face this glitch?

OK that's different, mine will shift on its own and if I recall our brief sprint in the powerkit it did shift on its own at redline too if you're in manual mode.

One day we should switch "kits" and try it out :D

@initialM the diesel redline is around 5k rpm only.

Powerkitty called me to pit stop, but I have no car to use....3 days 2 nights, no courtesy car at this period....or next week

muhaiminrahim;710277 said:
namidub, pick up ur kitted D? :4:

suda.now in penang already..
now D mode isn't lagging anymore..
didnt really blast all the way just now,tyre belakang baru pasang.kasi rubber run in first..
will test lagi nanti kerteh-bound this saturday.
fetching wifey and son from kampung,cannot tekan2 with them onboard.

hehehe.

docrayboy;710207 said:

hi doc,

i would say your FC hasn't change considering your right foot potentially more 'heavy' post-Vector :). yes, the tendency to cross redline will be easier as the engine rev with more momentum. therefore ECU might not be 'fast' enough asking to upshift. in fact, no point rev your motor over 4.5K as its power & torque will drops after that.

i believe having Vector will improve more on acceleration even after powerkitted. as i said, a test unit is ready for who is interested.

just to share my view about bigger intercooler without bigger turbo. actually having bigger intercooler will only helps on high speed run. in fact it might increase lag during acceleration due to bigger volume the turbo has to build up the pressure. imagine you pump a bike tyre vesus a truck tyre, which one will build up the pressure sooner? i think the powerkit gain is mainly from the ECU/Software.

docrayboy;710207 said:

Mine is ok la doc...no issue since 7 month used...no problem at all...no engine hang problem..so far so good...myb your version of engine is diff...try not to push your car too much...slow2 kayuh bro..when u get use to it u will feel the saving and real performance....

tazztham;710634 said:
hi doc,

i would say your FC hasn't change considering your right foot potentially more 'heavy' post-Vector :). yes, the tendency to cross redline will be easier as the engine rev with more momentum. therefore ECU might not be 'fast' enough asking to upshift. in fact, no point rev your motor over 4.5K as its power & torque will drops after that.

i believe having Vector will improve more on acceleration even after powerkitted. as i said, a test unit is ready for who is interested.

just to share my view about bigger intercooler without bigger turbo. actually having bigger intercooler will only helps on high speed run. in fact it might increase lag during acceleration due to bigger volume the turbo has to build up the pressure. imagine you pump a bike tyre vesus a truck tyre, which one will build up the pressure sooner? i think the powerkit gain is mainly from the ECU/Software.

Hi Tazz...you said the ECU will 'learn' how to shift up/down with the new Vector chipped car. Should I redline it more regularly to help it reprogram itself?

Top Bottom