Now is the right time to buy e92 335i...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Kai Yeh...you are driving fast these days...:wink:

Schwepps;541860 said:
I drive several favourite stretches of normal premix highway at 200kmh without any bouncy feeling. LCCT, NSH, GCE, ECE...

Sunny..follow ur heart. Just upgrade la.

sunnypuan;541867 said:
wow, you guys really "The Fast & Furious" type ! ! I guess that's the advantage of a 6 potter.... Can do 200km/h in a jiffy....:top: As for my N46N....sad story lah..:stupid:

Schwepps;541860 said:
I drive several favourite stretches of normal premix highway at 200kmh without any bouncy feeling. LCCT, NSH, GCE, ECE...

Wah.. I am amazed! I find driving at 200km/h stressful and would usually settle in about 150-160km/h on long distance highway trips. I must be older than you hehe.

Schwepps;541528 said:
Yeah, the front aerodynamics are mainly decorative and don't really do much. Need a much lower lip for true high speeds. But then, this is a very good all-rounder.

Also I notice the standard Sport variant's suspension does have a lower rear end stance compared to the front.My previous e60 on Bilstein B12s was the other way around,and the high speed stability of that particular car was much better than my e90.Oh yeah,I had a Hartge lip on the e60 too.

Wonder if these two factors contributes... hmmmm:26:

mizhan;541945 said:
to touch the brakes at 200kmh, your suspension must be accurately tuned to be firm. shifting of weight at high speeds can be disasterous.

yes, agreed! I've seen lots of car that were lowered with the front end more than the rear to have all 4 wheel arches level to the tyres. These kind of of setup will induce unnecessary load to the front at high speed braking causing the rear to loose grip.

Experienced tuners shop will adjust ride height as close to parallel to the ground as possible.

Mine were set to 1 finger gap front and 1/2 at the rear.

Spaceman;542148 said:
yes, agreed! I've seen lots of car that were lowered with the front end more than the rear to have all 4 wheel arches level to the tyres. These kind of of setup will induce unnecessary load to the front at high speed braking causing the rear to loose grip.

Experienced tuners shop will adjust ride height as close to parallel to the ground as possible.

Mine were set to 1 finger gap front and 1/2 at the rear.

Brake balance also plays a huge role..more so than having a level ride height.

Talking about braking,I now find the 335i's brakes inadequate..especially after a high speed run I had with a new Merc S500 the other day.Stability under heavy braking was good though.

supergripen;542150 said:

Talking about braking,I now find the 335i's brakes inadequate..especially after a high speed run I had with a new Merc S500 the other day.Stability under heavy braking was good though.

Yes, i've also seen few guys upgrade only the front to 4 pots leaving the rear stock, and that is a real disaster on high speed braking.
Your 335i rotor is huge! 330mm front and 300mm rear i think. As a matter of fact, you should consider a 6/4 upgrade. 360mm - 380mm front and 320mm rear will react better for a >300 horses car.

Spaceman;542152 said:
Yes, i've also seen few guys upgrade only the front to 4 pots leaving the rear stock, and that is a real disaster on high speed braking.
Your 335i rotor is huge! 330mm front and 300mm rear i think. As a matter of fact, you should consider a 6/4 upgrade. 360mm - 380mm front and 320mm rear will react better for a >300 horses car.

Yup..a 6/4 Brembo upgrade would be optimal.All in due time:wink:

Priority on my list right now would be cooling upgrades for the engine.Been eyeing AR Design products for a while now.They've just announced a radiator upgrade/replacement,which is claimed to increase cooling tremendously,both coolant and oil.They've just started work on an AT version,which includes an increased capacity ATF cooler that comes together with the radiator.Quite costly but I think is well worth the money for peace of mind when I do start to tinker with the engine.

I'm keeping the 193Ms 18" alloys for now for that 'sleeper' effect.My car looks pretty much like any other 325i Sport until they see the twin exit pipes :rolleyes: Well,keeping 'em till someone offers me money for them la..

kamion;542203 said:
I think the BMW Performance brakes are not for the 335i models.

Yup..well aware of that.I think for us,nothing less than a 6/4 upgrade,Brembo or AP Racing.For normal use,the standard ones are adequate I think.But if u love to drive the nuts out of the car all the time like me,an upgrade is adviseable.
Our roads are full of idiots who've got no road ethics,no lane discipline and abysmally poor situational awareness..those brakes will come in very handy indeed.

racheltoh;541984 said:
Sunny..follow ur heart. Just upgrade la.

I also wish too but not at the moment ! Saw Supergripen E90 335i last week until now still kena poison...:stupid:

supergripen;542150 said:

how do you do against the big v8? impossible to drive slow with 335 :D
E46Fanatic;541988 said:
Wah.. I am amazed! I find driving at 200km/h stressful and would usually settle in about 150-160km/h on long distance highway trips. I must be older than you hehe.
hmm. should try a 5 or 7 then. especially due to last sentence :D

E46Fanatic;541988 said:

Don't worry, Unker is not crazy. 140-160 is my normal cruising speed too. But I've mentally noted certain stretches that are good enough, and a dawn rip to 200+ is quite comfortable. There isn't much traffic then and the cops are still asleep. :wink:

Speaking of cops, I just got back from a day trip to Sg Petani and I must warn you guys of a new mid-morning speed trap north of Tanjong Malim across the state border. It's a massive operation because it's on BOTH sides of the NSE simultaneously. I was flagged of course. Asked the cop where I was tagged: Tanjong Malim. Asked berapa laju: a pathetic 125kmh :p I reckon this MO will persist through the coming festive season, so beware... :rolleyes:

sunnypuan;542261 said:
I also wish too but not at the moment ! Saw Supergripen E90 335i last week until now still kena poison...:stupid:

Hi Sunny..was nice meeting u the other day:top: Sorry I was in a bit of a rush the other day,if not can take u for a short ride around Ara Damansara.

BTW the problem with my car the other day was solved by Rishi@Ingress by simply changing a single fuse.Apparently there was a memo from BMW asking dealers to change that particular fuse from 15amp to 20amp ones.Guess mine wasn't carried out.Again,excelent service by the folks at Ingress.

phas3r;542264 said:
how do you do against the big v8? impossible to drive slow with 335 :D

Did pretty well tho I have a feeling the S500 was not pushed hard enough..either the driver was overwhelmed by the car(takut:52:) or he was merely a driver going to the airport to fetch his boss.It was civilized tho,so I was pretty happy after the run.

Schwepps;542275 said:
Don't worry, Unker is not crazy. 140-160 is my normal cruising speed too. But I've mentally noted certain stretches that are good enough, and a dawn rip to 200+ is quite comfortable. There isn't much traffic then and the cops are still asleep. :wink:

Speaking of cops, I just got back from a day trip to Sg Petani and I must warn you guys of a new mid-morning speed trap north of Tanjong Malim across the state border. It's a massive operation because it's on BOTH sides of the NSE simultaneously. I was flagged of course. Asked the cop where I was tagged: Tanjong Malim. Asked berapa laju: a pathetic 125kmh :p I reckon this MO will persist through the coming festive season, so beware... :rolleyes:

Gave Ang pow or recieve? Take down KM reading on the side of highway next time lah. Tks for the heads up anyway.

Read between the lines... :rolleyes:

This trap was very strange because there was lots of flashing from the opposite cars, so we all drove like snails for 15 to 20km before coming up to the party. So no idea where the trap was so far back. They made the NSE into a single lane highway on both sides!

Schwepps;542383 said:
Read between the lines... :rolleyes:

This trap was very strange because there was lots of flashing from the opposite cars, so we all drove like snails for 15 to 20km before coming up to the party. So no idea where the trap was so far back. They made the NSE into a single lane highway on both sides!

Its that time of the year and they are out feeding again. Pay the summons if kena and don't feed them :).

E46Fanatic;542384 said:
Its that time of the year and they are out feeding again. Pay the summons if kena and don't feed them :).

No worries here, i have Valentine 1. Get one, its damn worth it. Cruise with ease.:listen:

Top Bottom