brand new e90 325i or recond e92 335i ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
whiteknight88;579013 said:
sigh... with the recent twin turbo fuel pump issues i guess the choice favors 325i now?

The problem has been around since the first N54 rolled out.. nothing new.Only now is the matter being brought forward to the fore,made known to more people by the lawsuit in the US.

I'd still choose the 335i.

E46Fanatic;578691 said:
Well, unfortunately, BMW does not declare that the Premium selection cars were once used for Driver training. I believe one of our forummers found out after he bought his 325i that it was very most likely the batch from BMW Driver training.

Imagine, your first time washing your new car, with love, care, and appreciation. And when the soap bubbles begin to flow down, you see it flowing around what seems to be the letters "BMW Driver Training" appearing on the doors. What an absolute nightmare :)

Did you check your car?

oh ya my fren is getting the 335 next week, some delays

anything he needs to watch out for? some advice? cos he aint really a car fella
so i may need to help him out, FYI, UK spec

E46Fanatic;578691 said:
Well, unfortunately, BMW does not declare that the Premium selection cars were once used for Driver training. I believe one of our forummers found out after he bought his 325i that it was very most likely the batch from BMW Driver training.

Imagine, your first time washing your new car, with love, care, and appreciation. And when the soap bubbles begin to flow down, you see it flowing around what seems to be the letters "BMW Driver Training" appearing on the doors. What an absolute nightmare :)

Oh absolute nightmare...hope none of us goes through that nightmare....hey btw, I didn't get the Audi A4 as we test drove it couple months back, instead I booked the zero mileage LCI 2010 E90 325i Black Sapphire with Saddle Brown interior with the new SMG type paddle shifts instead. Just took delivery of it last week from ABKL (ex-Sapura Auto). Am enjoying every bit of it, no regrets. Its the rear wheel drive feel which I am so hooked onto... amazing car... :)

M3ac;579128 said:
Oh absolute nightmare...hope none of us goes through that nightmare....hey btw, I didn't get the Audi A4 as we test drove it couple months back, instead I booked the zero mileage LCI 2010 E90 325i Black Sapphire with Saddle Brown interior with the new SMG type paddle shifts instead. Just took delivery of it last week from ABKL (ex-Sapura Auto). Am enjoying every bit of it, no regrets. Its the rear wheel drive feel which I am so hooked onto... amazing car... :)

Congrats on the new ride!

How's ABKL? Service & facilities good?
ABCC would have been a better name, since it's so close to KLCC.

It'll be a good place for us KL city centre guys to send for servicing during work hours - it's location is superb. I gotta drop by one of these days

Maniac;579138 said:
Congrats on the new ride!

How's ABKL? Service & facilities good?
ABCC would have been a better name, since it's so close to KLCC.

It'll be a good place for us KL city centre guys to send for servicing during work hours - it's location is superb. I gotta drop by one of these days

Thanks Maniac. Yeah, maybe ABCC sounds cooler than ABKL. THe location is quite convenient for KL folks to service their UDMs.

The building is the same as the previous Sapura Auto showroom....so the equipment/facilities are the same. I have not serviced the car yet, so not sure about the quality of service though....I must say, some of the guys there were ex Sapura folks (both Sales & Service) so you get a mix fo two cultures, Sapura and Auto Bavaria. So hopefully they do a good job with the new management. I also understand from them that since they are the latest "baby" within the AB group, BMW Malaysia has been focusing more on them and supporting them with whatever they need. So if you need anything done, now is a good time to test their "can do" attitude and see how they flare compared to other centers/competitors (eg.Ingres/Quill) :)

er... guys
wen using the paddle shifter, how to make it back to auto mode?

and where is the boot lever?

M3ac;579128 said:

Cool! The E90 is a great car and welcome to the BMW ownership experience :p.

sharp;581071 said:
er... guys
wen using the paddle shifter, how to make it back to auto mode?

and where is the boot lever?

Bro, if you leave it for more than 15sec, it will automatically go back to D, ie. auto mode. But if your gear lever is in DS mode, ie. you pushed it to the right side on D, then in order to go back, just push the lever back to the left, which makes the gear knob/lever in straight up position.

Boot lever button is below your right knee, just above the hood lever. Just press it. :)

E46Fanatic;581112 said:
Cool! The E90 is a great car and welcome to the BMW ownership experience :p.

Like you said, the e90 has the best driving dynamics and steering feel....Now that is...simply, PRICELESS :):rock:

The JOY just exudes out each time I get behind the wheel, amazing, simply amazing! :cool:

saprozeldo;581077 said:
you guys know how the auto-light-when-door-open-turns-on... how to keep it switched off ya?

Look above your rear view mirror, there's a center button in between the two reading lights button. Press it, and it will swithc off all the interior lights. :)

M3ac;581127 said:
Like you said, the e90 has the best driving dynamics and steering feel....Now that is...simply, PRICELESS :):rock:

The JOY just exudes out each time I get behind the wheel, amazing, simply amazing! :cool:

time for a lunch gathering, funj haf u moved to new off yet?
let's do souled out nxt wk

e60FANster;581146 said:
time for a lunch gathering, funj haf u moved to new off yet?
let's do souled out nxt wk

Sounds like a plan.. Can call John and Mike too. Need to celebrate Andrew's new ride hehe.

M3ac, thanks
cos wen i paddle shift, i did not push the D lever to DS,
i just down shift twice, so in order for it to go back to D, i need to leave the shifters alone for 15 seconds?

i know tat post u said, above the right knee, but no button exist there... weird

sharp;581329 said:
M3ac, thanks
cos wen i paddle shift, i did not push the D lever to DS,
i just down shift twice, so in order for it to go back to D, i need to leave the shifters alone for 15 seconds?

i know tat post u said, above the right knee, but no button exist there... weird

Sharp,
When you downshift twice while gear lever in D position, you meant downsift with your paddle shifters right? If yes, then, the stiatus will show lets day, "M3" instead of "D", so just leave it for 10 to 15 sec, and it will automatically change status from "M3" or whatever gear you are in to "D".

Have you checked your manual? It should be in there.

M3ac;581129 said:
Look above your rear view mirror, there's a center button in between the two reading lights button. Press it, and it will swithc off all the interior lights. :)

thanks for the feedback m3ac..

i did press that button.. it did switch off but later when i open the door again, the light automatically switches on again.. is there a button to keep it continuously switched off?

Since you haven't gotten an answer... keep the button pressed for 3 seconds and it'll be deactivated. To reactivate, press once.

Most electronic buttons have multiple functions programmed in the control module by pressing once, keeping them pressed or pressing simultaneously with another button. But if you're not good at figuring out these things yourself, it's best to read the handbook. Otherwise, you may be missing out on many functions that come with continental premium cars. Eg, you won't know that you can switch on the interior lights from the outside without unlocking the car, and wind down all 4 windows at once, or wind up, and how to disable the boot unlock button when you hand your keys to a car jockey, etc. Many useful functions are available in your Bimmer.

Top Bottom