New Audi A4 2.0T

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stephen

Club Guest
went to Euromobil's AUDI showroom, the new dealer for Audi, which has a spanking new showroom at Glenmarie near AutoBavaria (AB) .... puts AB ten years behind time with Audi's new set-up. The star attraction was the new Audi A4 2.0T costing RM272K but with a massive 197bhp compared to BMW E90's 320i (RM268K) 150bhp. Was very impressed by Audi's built quality. The doors shut with a more resounding thud than the E90 or E46. If you shake the E46 dashboard's center console, you will hear creaking sounds. Not with this Audi. The center console seems to be "bolted" to the entire dashboard with such firmness than there is no creaking sound at all. Makes you think whether the entire thing is like a T-Bone structure. Real solid build. The specs are very high ... even electric seats for front passenger albeit with memory position only for driver's seat. There is also the F1 paddle-shift on the steering wheel which lets you have access to the 7-speed gearbox, yes 7, 1 more ratio than the E90's 6-speed. The rear is spacious too and so is the 460 litre boot space. Tyres are 235/45R17s all round but not the run-flats. Sports suspension. Twin exhaust. The car has Xenon projector headlights and one of the most kick ass things is its BOSE sound systems, wow! In my opinion, the car's design is advantgarde and the new grill literally makes my jaw drop with admiration .... in fact it looks fierce by having that big chrome jaw look at the front grill. Went with a friend who signed up for the new A4 2.0T with the new TFSi engine. Awesome 197bhp!! .... that car does make you consider to "defect" from BMW to Audi ! The 2.0 without the turbo is at RM228k but a mere 130bhp. http://www.audi.com.my/newcars/a4/saloon/saloon.html

I attended the launch party on Friday evening, 17 June 2004. Here are some pics:

Laser show

hi guys,

I was there too.... nice car!!! and did you guys won anything in the auction bidding??

Originally posted by Alex@Jun 20 2005, 02:15 AM
hi guys,

I was there too.... nice car!!! and did you guys won anything in the auction bidding??
Hi Alex

No ler, we don't have enough AUDi dollar to bid, but my wife got one of the luck draw!

lucky you!! the last price was crazy...can you imagine 14 mil audi dollar!!!!

I was with one of the group that accumulated around 13 mil....but sadly we lost too :(

anyway I dont think they girls has time to calculate the 14 mil in audi dollar in such a short period of time.

alright, come to amelika put down 3000 and pay 300 dola everymonth, off you go with this chun babe...

Originally posted by Alex@Jun 19 2005, 09:44 PM
lucky you!! the last price was crazy...can you imagine 14 mil audi dollar!!!!

I was with one of the group that accumulated around 13 mil....but sadly we lost too :(

anyway I dont think they girls has time to calculate the 14 mil in audi dollar in such a short period of time.

Hey there,

I was there too, the guy in the black coat and tie. I was holding all the envelopes and passing them to my friend who was doing the bidding.
Don't tell me you were the guy at the table counting all the cash?

To bad we lost, but no worries la, who needs a toy car right?

Cheers.

I think the violinist is my fren....
One of the top violinists in the country... Toured with Jacky Cheung before.

yes the new audis are really something...you should defect if you think its value for money & not just be blinded by the brand image!

:) this is the first car that makes me think of buying another brand other ththan bmw.
it looks superb,has 200hp and priced just right to bash the underpowered 320i e90.bet the owners will go bimmer hunting once they get their cars!!!

Good FR!

Its great value compared to the E90, but I doubt many serious BMW enthusiasts would be swayed by this "new" A4. Turbo or not, its still FWD. Not to mention a major VAG parts bin group donor / recepient. And as major as it may be, its still a facelift model, as opposed to the E90 being an "all-new" car.

One thing's for certain, this baby has a lot more intimidating face than the E90's.

Its great value compared to the E90, but I doubt many serious BMW enthusiasts would be swayed by this "new" A4. Turbo or not, its still FWD

I don't think the FWD is such a handicap if you compare it to 320. For the 325, you have to compare to the quattro. Wonder what the price is.

And yeah, love the face. Was hoping the E90 has anything like this - but that is history now.

Lovely car man. Too bad the Audi is notorious for depreciation here in Malaysia. Also a bad stigma that Audi owners are Merc and BMW wannabes who cannot afford them..sigh

Can still remember what Energy told me.. - "Let me tell you something.. There are only 2 types of drivers out there. Merc and BMW drivers. The rest are all wannabes" LOL

I guess if you do buy an Audi, you are a brave soul who can afford the depreciation unlike Merc or Bimmer owners..haha

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jun 20 2005, 12:52 PM
I think the violinist is my fren....
One of the top violinists in the country... Toured with Jacky Cheung before.
She lectures at MMU right? ;)

i personally very like the new A4 with the ABT bodykits add on, the car looks damn cool and its really a driving machine like Beemer but too bad it doesn't seems very popular in malaysia and very few Audi's club here too.

Top Bottom