My buying experience in Auto Bavaria Glenmarie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

takwee

Club Guest
Hi guys, just want to share with you my experience in buying a used E90 from AB Premium Selection in Glenmarie. After saving for many years, i can finally afford to buy a used BMW but the experience just totally pissed me off. I paid a booking fee without looking at the car and indeed the car does looks good when it arrived from the rectification works that AB is doing. I even got another friend to buy there. However, it's the so called " Sales Advisor" that messed up the whole experience. Basically, while attending to me after i have made a downpayment, he will just suddenly disappeared when a customer walked in and kept me waiting like a fool! I have to search for him to get him to answer my previous questions and even that he will just simply answer and turn away! This has happened almost each time i was there. To him, a confirmed sales does not need to be attended anymore. To me, any, i mean any used car dealers can give a better service anytime, totally spoiled my first BMW buying experience. I swear i would totally shun Auto Bavaria Glenmarie Premium Selection from now on and will let all my friends know about it too.

Still, they choose to do this job.....someone told me once, " Your salary + comm covers your complains/unhappiness of your job". Since they choose to do that, can't they even try a bit harder? I am in sales too by the way. Just want to voice out else i can't sleep tonight.

Thanks for the info Bro. Nevertheless, once you have picked up your ride, please do share some nice pics with us.

takwee, i can definitely relate to your experience although in a different manner and by different dealership. i got from ingress and i tell you the SA did ruin my experience as well..
1. when i need to pay the downpayment all of a sudden i got a different quotation. Luckily i saved the previous quotation and show it to the SA.
2. I paid my booking on 15 Nov, gave all the necessary documentation for loan right there and then. Was promised to get the car on 26th. Did not happen!
3. Repromise delivery for 29th lunch time. waiting since 10.30am, lunch time still no car. I asked them to send me back to work and pick me up when it is ready. I got the car at 6pm.

another thing i would like to mention is the receptionist and tea lady at ingress. they're not that friendly.. there are 3 of them and a few times i went there none bother to ask if I need help or who i came to see... the tea lady most of the time is not at the cafe area or anywhere near, and even if she's there, never go and ask customer if want water or what.. I had better experience at Honda and perodua..

On the positive side, the service guy that was helping me was very good. His explanation and treatment was first class!

teighlour;695114 said:
Thanks for the info Bro. Nevertheless, once you have picked up your ride, please do share some nice pics with us.
I definitely will! Getting it tomorrow and after that i will not step my foot into AB Glenmarie again!

wz3k;695118 said:
takwee, i can definitely relate to your experience although in a different manner and by different dealership. i got from ingress and i tell you the SA did ruin my experience as well..
1. when i need to pay the downpayment all of a sudden i got a different quotation. Luckily i saved the previous quotation and show it to the SA.
2. I paid my booking on 15 Nov, gave all the necessary documentation for loan right there and then. Was promised to get the car on 26th. Did not happen!
3. Repromise delivery for 29th lunch time. waiting since 10.30am, lunch time still no car. I asked them to send me back to work and pick me up when it is ready. I got the car at 6pm.

another thing i would like to mention is the receptionist and tea lady at ingress. they're not that friendly.. there are 3 of them and a few times i went there none bother to ask if I need help or who i came to see... the tea lady most of the time is not at the cafe area or anywhere near, and even if she's there, never go and ask customer if want water or what.. I had better experience at Honda and perodua..

On the positive side, the service guy that was helping me was very good. His explanation and treatment was first class!

Yes, it has totally ruined my excitement, we are in the same boat. I will go to Ingress for servicing though.

Bro takwee, so sorry to hear about your bad experience with the authorized dealer's sales exec. I count myself super lucky to have my particular Sales Exec service me at PML (Singapore's sole authorized dealer for all non-M cars) - this is our 3rd car from her, and frankly, part of the reason why I ordered my F13 instead of getting an E92 M3 coupe was because I wanted her to benefit from the commission, after what she did for me in my previous purchases for an E65 and later, my F02.

It's not just the service at point of sale, but the excellent follow up and after sales service. For example, she fought very hard for PML $1000 vouchers to be included with our E65 purchase in 2008 - and when the management rejected her request and only offered us $500 in vouchers, she secretly topped up $500 with her own money, simply because she gave us her word. I only found this out from her AFTER we bought our 2nd car, the F02, from her (who else) in Dec 2010.

For a full 2 years, she was out of pocket $500 and we never knew it, yet she continued to service us faithfully all this time. Now, as you all know, the E65 has its gear shift selector on the steering wheel - and in the first few days when my wife tried to drive the car, she didn't know how to use the gear shifter! So, my sales exec came down to our house and gave my wife step by step instructions until she finally learnt all the workings of the E65. That's what my sales exec would do for us.

So, when we bought our F02, she was very happy that her effort in servicing us didn't go to waste. I can safely say we will continue with this relationship - as evidenced by when we went back to her less than a year after I bought the 7er to book my F13 :)

Good service will win you a customer, great service will keep that customer for life.

Yes, i agree with you bro wobbles. I would say Malaysia is still way behind in the area of CRM and i wonder why all these MNCs are spending millions in CRM software when even the frontliners just pissed off the customers. A happy and satisfied customer will always remember you and vice versa.

I kinda felt that way in glenmarie too, but they would run off and come back when other ppl were interested, trying to cover as much ground as possible. In the end, I went back to quill, because my sa was a young chap but was honest and really took care of me and even now we're like bros

takwee;695076 said:
Hi guys, just want to share with you my experience in buying a used E90 from AB Premium Selection in Glenmarie. After saving for many years, i can finally afford to buy a used BMW but the experience just totally pissed me off. I paid a booking fee without looking at the car and indeed the car does looks good when it arrived from the rectification works that AB is doing. I even got another friend to buy there. However, it's the so called " Sales Advisor" that messed up the whole experience. Basically, while attending to me after i have made a downpayment, he will just suddenly disappeared when a customer walked in and kept me waiting like a fool! I have to search for him to get him to answer my previous questions and even that he will just simply answer and turn away! This has happened almost each time i was there. To him, a confirmed sales does not need to be attended anymore. To me, any, i mean any used car dealers can give a better service anytime, totally spoiled my first BMW buying experience. I swear i would totally shun Auto Bavaria Glenmarie Premium Selection from now on and will let all my friends know about it too.

I bought my E90 few years back from Glenmarie too.. but had totally opposite experience from you..The SA was very professional and most importantly he was punctual and kept his word.. Im from Penang and he did most of the paperworks for me and throw good dicounts plus goodies..Guess all depends on which SA you are dealing with..The same reason why i go to AB Glenmarie instead of Pg..

Who is this SA by the way? maybe will be more careful with this guy next time if u can pm me..cheers

name and shame the SA publicly, takwee.
i feel quite strongly about this, so i'll take the (perhaps unpopular) position here that we should highlight bad behaviour / unprofessional conduct by service representatives - let them face the consequences of their actions. as Malaysians we tend to be more polite and non confrontational, but if we don't start voicing our displeasure, we won't see an improvement of the service industry here. what more, after taking commission from our hard earned money! i don't want to ruin anyones rice bowl, but if they are not doing as they should, they don't deserve it. this is also the benefit of being on an online forum, so that others will not suffer the same bad experience.
on the flipside, if there are great experiences from particular service reps, like bro wobbles, they should be shared too. let's reward their efforts!

I tend to agree with bro Maniac (super cool avatar by the way!) - why not make the name public, but do so in a non-debasing and polite way? Just state your experience factually and let others chip in with their thoughts as well. Who knows, this might just be a huge misunderstanding, or alternatively, you might have helped the brothers here avoid a deathtrap Sales Agent at AB!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.i bought my D from AB Glenmarie as well. Previously i heard some bad experience too.

In fact my first visit to the AB Glenmarie showroom (brand new) i was kinda pissed off because i was totally ignored because maybe i don't look rich?
My wife and i were left unattended and nobody bothers to talk to us until i approach one lady who sat in the SA desk and about to go out
I asked her "Is there no Sales Advisor here?" then she reluctantly answered that she is one and she asked us to sit down and only start to entertain us.

But my 2nd experience at AB Glenmarie Premium Selection was the exact opposite.
Thanks to my ever helpful SA, Ms Rachel Cheong made my buying process very smooth.
I was approached almost immediately when my wife and I walked into the showroom.At first i was shown by the many 320d available back then,but there were no Alpine white with non-black interior.I never really wanted to commit to any of the unit back then but then she recommended the Performance Edition Alpine White (although with black interior) which i was totally felt in love immediately.
Just love the Performance bodykit with rear diffuser and black kidney grill with all other Performance pedals,gear selector,handbrake lever thrown in.
I said perfect.and there i put my 10k deposit and the rest is history. The car had to wait about a month though in the ABPS as i was going away to France.
Lucky i booked it immediately as after i came back many of the 320d were no more there.it was selling like hotcakes. hehe.
She was ever helpful even after i have booked and paid the rest of the downpayment,and even after i sealed the deal and got the car.
For instance she was willing to come on a public holiday to let my brother test drive the Mini countryman and the X1 for comparison,which my brother ended not buying any of them.

So if anyone wants a good buying experience @ AB Glenmarie ,i'd recommend Ms Rachel Cheong.

Now that's what I'm talking about - service. Good for you, bro namidub - for sharing your story!

Top Bottom