Might getting the e39 soon!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
nitedevil;632706 said:
pardon my ignorance, is that M52 engines are single vanos?
Bro, M52 is single vanos, both M52TU and m54 are double vanos.. the TUs are drive by cable and M54 is by wire.

Gerald 5;633044 said:
Bro, M52 is single vanos, both M52TU and m54 are double vanos.. the TUs are drive by cable and M54 is by wire.

Is tat mean M52TU respond more faster than M54?

koh_424;633196 said:
Is tat mean M52TU respond more faster than M54?

Opposite..Should be m54 response faster than m52tu as wire response faster than cable.

bmw7833;633205 said:
Opposite..Should be m54 response faster than m52tu as wire response faster than cable.

Ok, understand now. :top:

So if got ppl complain bout the drive by wire delay? Need tuning bout it or add the throttle controller?

Nope the throttle cable reponse immediately when u press pedal. Drive by wire got slight delay since need to send input to ECU. Thats why some people add sprint booster to get better response.

initialM;633233 said:
Nope the throttle cable reponse immediately when u press pedal. Drive by wire got slight delay since need to send input to ECU. Thats why some people add sprint booster to get better response.

:congrats::congrats:

U knew it :top:

hhmmm not so sure about the response delay...its mostly in miliseconds only and not humanly noticeable in theory

Not significance but you can feel the different. At least on my experience lar

Actually is just a little bit delay from Drive By Wire. But also depend on which manufacturer.

I was driving Saga now. Feel disappointed when press on the pedal.

initialM;633248 said:
Not significance but you can feel the different. At least on my experience lar

My experience suggest otherwise. Btw I have driven Bimmerholic's 523i and your ex-gf 528i.

Note: wah just realized yr signature updated already :top::top:

No doubt cable driven throttle pedals are heavy as cow but drive by wire feels so much lighter in terms of pedal feel.

Actually u can try to change the cable. At least slight improve. Yup its heavy feel but once you press can feel instancely.

Haywire,

I've tested many M52 E39 but I feel my ex is much better. Due to engine full overhaul, new torque convertor, lots parts changed and very well maintained. Cant compare with your E39 coz higher cc. Compare to my 530 yup pedal feel lighter but response slow compare my ex 528. Only compensate is higher cc, once kicks in the rest is history.

Bear in mind the rim is 19" and the car is loaded with ICE worth more than 15k so its heavy. If i got a lot of money I will buy back from Tan anytime. Even if i managed to sell E46, i wont sell the E39.

So back to the thread topic. Yup u must get E39 & get the highest cc if possible. Min 528 max 530. the best ///M5

initialM;633373 said:
Actually u can try to change the cable. At least slight improve. Yup its heavy feel but once you press can feel instancely.

Haywire,

I've tested many M52 E39 but I feel my ex is much better. Due to engine full overhaul, new torque convertor, lots parts changed and very well maintained. Cant compare with your E39 coz higher cc. Compare to my 530 yup pedal feel lighter but response slow compare my ex 528. Only compensate is higher cc, once kicks in the rest is history.

Bear in mind the rim is 19" and the car is loaded with ICE worth more than 15k so its heavy. If i got a lot of money I will buy back from Tan anytime. Even if i managed to sell E46, i wont sell the E39.

So back to the thread topic. Yup u must get E39 & get the highest cc if possible. Min 528 max 530. the best ///M5

Oooo..... Kau melepak kat sini rupanya M,
Dah lupa kita org ke??

initialM;633373 said:

Anybody come across good condition E39 530i for sale? preferably in white + M-sport kit

EL118;633597 said:
Anybody come across good condition E39 530i for sale? preferably in white + M-sport kit

Mudah.my got few on sale. U can try ur luck over there. Some of them also look very nice condition :).

koh_424;633681 said:
Mudah.my got few on sale. U can try ur luck over there. Some of them also look very nice condition :).

seen one, impressed by the picture. actual condition bad, left under hot sun, rubber and internal uphostery brittle, engine cant start.

Top Bottom