M3 Driver Killed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Jules;323949 said:
Guys,

Instead of asking for better this and that - why not better yourself in terms of driving apttitude, superior skills set, higher maturity & keener situational awarness?

I strongly second that Jules!! For some of the over privileged, buying the latest M3 or M5 is much easier to achieve than for them to drive a Proton Waja to its maximum potential.

tkw;323988 said:
I strongly second that Jules!! For some of the over privileged, buying the latest M3 or M5 is much easier to achieve than for them to drive a Proton Waja to its maximum potential.

Totally agree.... the car is just a tool, is only as good as its driver..... Think its good idea- someone suggested a Defesive Driving Course , perhaps the club should arrange something specific to BM or more correctly Rear wheel drive car.. more recent/ newer drivers would have learned/ growned with Front wheel drive cars which is has totally different characteristic especially on the limit and emargency situation....Just imagine the power ( BHP ) that avaible on the cars now, the outputs are, what was only a few years ago, restricted to racing cars....

na993;324054 said:
Totally agree.... the car is just a tool, is only as good as its driver..... Think its good idea- someone suggested a Defesive Driving Course , perhaps the club should arrange something specific to BM or more correctly Rear wheel drive car.. more recent/ newer drivers would have learned/ growned with Front wheel drive cars which is has totally different characteristic especially on the limit and emargency situation....Just imagine the power ( BHP ) that avaible on the cars now, the outputs are, what was only a few years ago, restricted to racing cars....

But no Defensive Driving Course can prepare you when you drink drive. Go figure.

There are a lot of courses out there.. A few of us also organised a small scale advanced driving course cum time trial. Sad to say that the response wasn't that good back then. Maybe there were more 'arm chair drivers' and say this good that good but when it comes to put the money where the mouth is, all FFK... Scared car spoil lah, no time lah, bla bla bla...

Anyway, time to let this topic rest. Let the deceased rest in peace, that's the least we can do.

taggnas;324272 said:
But no Defensive Driving Course can prepare you when you drink drive. Go figure.

NOT exactly true - as said in my reply,

"why not better yourself in terms of driving apttitude, superior skills set, higher maturity & keener situational awareness? "

this refers to being able to say no when you know ur limits up!

When u hang out with like minded sports enthusiast - you be inclined to follow the crowd and do the right things.....likewise, when u hang out with real car enthusiasts - you will be conditioned to respect that safety is a non compromisable aspect.

Alas, if you hang with drunkards....well, go figure lar. ( I am not against responsible social drinking since I do that too )

fabianyee;324297 said:
Anyway, time to let this topic rest. Let the deceased rest in peace, that's the least we can do.

Sorry I missed this.......anyhow - feel free to start a new thread about advanced driving course - forthose who are keen enough.

Jules;323949 said:
Guys,

All this banter about IDIOT PROOF ROADS ( wrt design AND maintenance ) and CARS wun happen in yours and my lifetime. Even when speaking as an engineer - this will not be economically feasible nor practical nor implementable.

Instead of asking for better this and that - why not better yourself in terms of driving apttitude, superior skills set, higher maturity & keener situational awareness?

I always wonder why the average malaysian driver is so fussed abt how big his engine is, what accessories his car has, how bling his rims look and he completely forget abt his brakes, tyres and of course driving ability. How many of you dun belt up, each time the car moves. How many dun use baby seats or child booster seats??? No need answer here but go figure WHY?

It is not my cause to preach here but if you have to MOD anything first, MOD the driver and that's TRANSFERABLE to any vehicles you drive now and in future. And again, its not about how well u can countersteer but its also about modding the mindset, attitude to respect for safety, road conditions and other users.

No, I am not advertising but there are course for such things and the BMW Driver Training is a worthy join. HPC is the other alternative too. Of course, actual on-road experience helps too but may sure its the right ones......an education alerts you what's right and wrong!

Come on, shelf that new mod and mod yourself!

Spot on bro. At least someone shares my sentiment.

weisiong123;322121 said:
Jeffrey is a personal friend of mine since high school. It is really sad for this to happen. I will definitely be visiting his grave when Im back next month. Rest in peace my bro.

The thing that pisses me off is how fking stupid these construction workers are. Hearing from my friends (we all know Jeff) , apparently these fking dumb workers didn't put the signs up properly and Jeff panic-ed..Also..a Malay guy saw that Jeff had an accident and stole his phone ... How fk up is that? The guy called 1 of Jeff's gf to rescue him ( I think Jeff was already gone that time) and he just took the phone and leave.

Sad day for all of us who were friends with him. Still can't believe this happened. I'll pray for you bro..

please stop making irresponsible statements..

no one wanted this to happen.condolences to all involved.

i totally agree with FFuhrer and Jules..at the end of the day,its ur life(and others as well).no doubt the roads are poorly maintained and designed,but speed limits are there for a reason.ever wonder why some 6-lane 'highways' have such low speed limits?

do remember that we are in control of 1500kg projectiles that can kill in an instant if handled irresponsibly.irrespective of road conditions and other external factors,we are the ones with our hands on the controls.it is solely our responsibility to acquire the skills,the common sense and maturity required.there are many avenues out there for us to learn and nurture all these..take the initiative.

HPC was one venue that helped me a lot in becoming a better,more mature and more responsible driver.u want to drive fast,take it to the track.our roads are not racetracks that we can take liberty on.sad to say tho,i see badly driven BMWs all the time..including e60s and up.

cummon guys.. we lose more people in a year to road accidents compared to what the US Army lost in Iraq in 5yrs! think about it.

Top Bottom