M3 Driver Killed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
,...always think abt the love ones whenever speeding..life is beutiful gift by god ..don,t mis use it...R.I.P to the victims ..

I miss this guy man..few years back we ran away from some restaurant in 1utama just for fun..sigh..can't believe this tragedy happened.

My condolences to Jeff's family and the three workers' too.

Drive carefully!

My Condolences to those who passed on after this freak accident. I dont think Jeff wanted it to end this way and I dont think the workers chose to work in these unsafe circumstances. I guess we all should be a lot more aware when we drive, especially when we choose to speed... or better yet lets just not drive recklessly.... Be safe everyone.

what i know for certain is that malaysian roads in general are badly designed and lit, and it takes just a small mistake on someone's part for an accident to happen. welcome to Bolehland.

bimmerdude;322773 said:
what i know for certain is that malaysian roads in general are badly designed and lit, and it takes just a small mistake on someone's part for an accident to happen. welcome to Bolehland.

Bro, I dun deny that but then again, the throttle goes BOTH way and its your life ( plus other innocent ones )....so what do you choose when in doubt?

BMW is a good a car and our roads are perfectly safe. Just like the sea, the environment doesn't pay for any form neglect, incompetence and stupidity.

funfer_fahrer;322800 said:
BMW is a good a car and our roads are perfectly safe. Just like the sea, the environment doesn't pay for any form neglect, incompetence and stupidity.

sorry i disagree with u that our roads are perfectly safe. its not the sea. its man made and unmaintained and badly designed roads kill innocent people, including drivers.

bimmerdude;322819 said:
sorry i disagree with u that our roads are perfectly safe. its not the sea. its man made and unmaintained and badly designed roads kill innocent people, including drivers.

I'm sorry FF, but I'm with Bimmerdude on this. Our roads have known to have killed the people who ride and drive on them. I personally lost a very good friend in 1994 because of this. The damn Sri Jaya Bus ( just before they were taken over) avoided a pot hole that wasnt there the day before and slammed into him, dragging him for a distance.... He was crushed and killed. Who do we blame here ? Our damn roads are death traps.

sithwarrior;322833 said:
I'm sorry FF, but I'm with Bimmerdude on this. Our roads have known to have killed the people who ride and drive on them. I personally lost a very good friend in 1994 because of this. The damn Sri Jaya Bus ( just before they were taken over) avoided a pot hole that wasnt there the day before and slammed into him, dragging him for a distance.... He was crushed and killed. Who do we blame here ? Our damn roads are death traps.

sith,

u put the nail on the head. we should never ever release the authorities from their RESPONSIBILITIES when it comes to road safety. i do not want to start a never ending blame game, but if u live overseas u will be able to make a comparison of how roads are maintained, rules observed and driver education and blah blah blah... Over here in bolehland, i rest my case.
of course, stupidity kills, but as mentioned, u dont need to speeding to die. a pothole is enough to kill u. just do some research, and see our death toll due to auto/motorcycle accidents is one of the highest in the world. why??? most of the accidents are not due to speeding. it happens in small town roads. kampungs, etc. Go figure. :)

bimmerdude;322899 said:
sith,

u put the nail on the head. we should never ever release the authorities from their RESPONSIBILITIES when it comes to road safety. i do not want to start a never ending blame game, but if u live overseas u will be able to make a comparison of how roads are maintained, rules observed and driver education and blah blah blah... Over here in bolehland, i rest my case.
of course, stupidity kills, but as mentioned, u dont need to speeding to die. a pothole is enough to kill u. just do some research, and see our death toll due to auto/motorcycle accidents is one of the highest in the world. why??? most of the accidents are not due to speeding. it happens in small town roads. kampungs, etc. Go figure. :)

At 1.30 in the morning how many cars are there on the road? What is the speed limit in LDP? That's all I am interested in. Go figure.

Hint: It is not easy to get killed in a BMW.

funfer_fahrer;322989 said:
At 1.30 in the morning how many cars are there on the road? What is the speed limit in LDP? That's all I am interested in. Go figure.

Hint: It is not easy to get killed in a BMW.

In all honesty your rationale leaves very little points for me to dispute, but I must also say that our roads are not safe as well. Speeding and lack of understanding on how to handle your vehicle at high speeds may be the contributing factor here, but lets not rule out the fact that our roads too are not up to par and have caused deaths, even at very low speeds. I guess the best way to solve this is for each and every one of us to be responsible and drive carefully.

By the way it's easy to get killed in any car, even BMW's. Rumor has it that Diana Princess of wales died in an accident when her Merc nudged a red Fiat Panda before slamming into concrete beams. How did such a heavy car not just mow the tiny car down ? Physics at its best I suppose...

Peace Bro
Sith

sithwarrior;323013 said:
In all honesty your rationale leaves very little points for me to dispute, but I must also say that our roads are not safe as well. Speeding and lack of understanding on how to handle your vehicle at high speeds may be the contributing factor here, but lets not rule out the fact that our roads too are not up to par and have caused deaths, even at very low speeds. I guess the best way to solve this is for each and every one of us to be responsible and drive carefully.

By the way it's easy to get killed in any car, even BMW's. Rumor has it that Diana Princess of wales died in an accident when her Merc nudged a red Fiat Panda before slamming into concrete beams. How did such a heavy car not just mow the tiny car down ? Physics at its best I suppose...

Peace Bro
Sith
Our roads are not perfect but they are reasonably safe. There are a lot of factors that make our roads ugly such as frequent cable laying, soil type that leads to depressions, weather, overweight lorries and sub-standard workmanship due to you-know-what-lah. Frankly, the best car that is suitable for this condition is an APV (Armoured Personnel Vehicle), but who would rather buy it? The next best alternatives are cars made specially for Asian road condition such as the Avanza, Unser, Grand Livina and pick-up trucks. The Japs that designed such cars know our road condition. We have lived long enough in this country to understand this. Frankly, you don't do justice to a Bimmer and yourself if you own a Bimmer and drive it here in our country. Imagine flood in Bangsar and downtown K.L and yet people are driving Bimmers to these areas, probably they wanted to be seen. By purchasing a BMW whether we realised or not we already accepted our road conditions that is largely beyond our control. Certain people went one step further by changing to a bigger sports rims and lowered the car by a few inches. Is that a good risk management or what? The things that can be controlled are our skills, emotions and car maintenance. Or, in the end it is our steering wheel, hands and brain.

Concrete beams and cars don't mix. Any cars for that matter because nobody designed a car to hit stationary concrete beams at high speeds. There must be certain parameters that need to be observed when designing a car. Otherwise, it would be very heavy and uneconomical. If 10 airbags and and a strong shell coupled with DSC and the works are not suffice, I just don't know what to say.

Drive smartly.
Take care bro.

rest in peace my fellow bmw mate jeff aka LilDevil...he was a very nice friendly kid.
and to his family,my deepest condolences and not mentioning the families of those involved in that accident too.

why drive so fast lar? the LDP is not a highway in actual fact. It used to be a main road like anywhere else. Cosmetic surgery here and there...toll booth...and ...voila!...its an overnight expressway !

Lildevil became part of our community since 2005. He has 180 posts and did an engine transplant to his ride. His family must be devastated. Definitely shocking when it happens to a fellow forumer. Hope he will rest in peace. I'm sure God has bigger plans for him.

i was visiting my grandma's grave last Sunday. Jeffrey Lee was burried on Saturday just a few plots away. so sad to see the passing of someone so young. Indeed GOD has bigger plans for him. My deepest Condolence to his family.

Guys,

All this banter about IDIOT PROOF ROADS ( wrt design AND maintenance ) and CARS wun happen in yours and my lifetime. Even when speaking as an engineer - this will not be economically feasible nor practical nor implementable.

Instead of asking for better this and that - why not better yourself in terms of driving apttitude, superior skills set, higher maturity & keener situational awareness?

I always wonder why the average malaysian driver is so fussed abt how big his engine is, what accessories his car has, how bling his rims look and he completely forget abt his brakes, tyres and of course driving ability. How many of you dun belt up, each time the car moves. How many dun use baby seats or child booster seats??? No need answer here but go figure WHY?

It is not my cause to preach here but if you have to MOD anything first, MOD the driver and that's TRANSFERABLE to any vehicles you drive now and in future. And again, its not about how well u can countersteer but its also about modding the mindset, attitude to respect for safety, road conditions and other users.

No, I am not advertising but there are course for such things and the BMW Driver Training is a worthy join. HPC is the other alternative too. Of course, actual on-road experience helps too but may sure its the right ones......an education alerts you what's right and wrong!

Come on, shelf that new mod and mod yourself!

Top Bottom