Beating the Red light - Incident in Singapore with the Ferrari

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
what was on his mind and small tiny brains ....beating a mere fraction second and taking lives of the innocent ....that's not how it should be ..sad sad sad ...

in my opinion, the ferrari driver was actually not beating the red light..noticed that the red light had been red for quite some time before the ferrari arrived...my CSI skills pointed out that most probably the driver is under the influence of alcohol (given his age and the time of the accident occurred) or was distracted by something or someone that may have caused him to drive over a junction with traffic lights at such a speed..anyways, the ferrari passenger (survivor) may shed some light on what actually happened that night..

u sure he was not beating the red light? the lights on the taxi's direction of travel turn green giving the taxi the right of passage and as the taxi move, the ferrari comes hitting it on the left side of the car? i do not think there is traffic light that turns green on both sides allowing right of passage from two different direction...

please recalibrate your CSI skills...hehehe

SilverBullet;743403 said:
in my opinion, the ferrari driver was actually not beating the red light..noticed that the red light had been red for quite some time before the ferrari arrived...my CSI skills pointed out that most probably the driver is under the influence of alcohol (given his age and the time of the accident occurred) or was distracted by something or someone that may have caused him to drive over a junction with traffic lights at such a speed..anyways, the ferrari passenger (survivor) may shed some light on what actually happened that night..

that's why i always look right and left before continuing my drive, knowing these can happen anytime, anywhere. The impact was terrible but the ferrari's hood emblem still mounted. RIP to the deceased..

t2ribena;743411 said:
u sure he was not beating the red light? the lights on the taxi's direction of travel turn green giving the taxi the right of passage and as the taxi move, the ferrari comes hitting it on the left side of the car? i do not think there is traffic light that turns green on both sides allowing right of passage from two different direction...

please recalibrate your CSI skills...hehehe

hehe i got my CSI skills training from Astro..okla what i meant to say is he did not intentionally wanna catch the green traffic light by speeding..like when the light turns yellow u quickly wanna accelerate more...it's probably pure intention of running over the red light..of course in the end still considered as beating the traffic light lorr...:burnout:

A MOMENT OF MADNESS, n 3 lives r lost forever.N d famiies of these 3 deceased will change forever n all d grieving n pain that d family members have 2 endure.

I think I keep my E90 320d for next 50 years......fast enough...no need 911s or 458 Italias

As we talk about this incident, we have read here of BMWs doing 248 km/h la, 378 km/h la on our highways. How does that factor into the whole concern of driving safely as called out in here? In many forums out there in Internet Land all sorts of racing or speeding on roads are either censored or censured by the forum moderators. Not trying to be self righteous here but do we really remember that speed/reckless driving kills or do we only remember it when such postings happen? Just food for thought.

Have u all seen this?

Yup... PRC crossroads.. and this is a university compound..

[video=youtube;SbC_eFjjnB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbC_eFjjnB0[/video]

Typical mentality of many in Malaysia.. Yellow means accelerate more not start to slow down for a complete stop before red.. Weekend nights I usually look at the back, left and right before crossing traffic light junction once turn green.. We don't know how high some people are..

zhul;743110 said:
Too many in Malaysia are having this dangerous habit

[video=youtube;8JfAaOABk4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfAaOABk4g[/video]

News of the incident

A rare Ferrari 599 GTO was involved in a crash in Singapore early on Saturday, claiming the lives of three people including the driver of the Ferrari.

The accident took place at a junction near the Raffles Hospital, an area known for being an accident black spot.

The other vehicles involved in the crash were a taxi and a motorbike.

Sadly, the 52-year-old driver of the taxi was killed, as was his 20-year-old female passenger. The man on the motorbike miraculously managed to survive.

A passenger in the 599 GTO was seriously injured but also managed to survive, reports the Straits Times.

The driver of the Ferrari was identified as 31-year-old businessman Ma Chi. Both Chi and the driver of the taxi, father-of-three Cheng Teck Hock, were stuck in their vehicles after the crash and died before paramedics could extricate them.

While police are still investigating the incident, witnesses claim the Ferrari driver ran a red light and crashed into the taxi, which then hit the motorbike. From the extent of the damage sustained by the Ferrari, it's likely some speed was involved.

wreckage-of-a-ferrari-599-gto-involved-in-crash-in-singapore_100390408_m.jpg

Source

Like MAD!! Drive safe guys....

When traffic light turns red, please check your rear view mirror to make sure there‘s no speeding bus behind u trying to jump the red light. if the bus is not slowing down, u better keep peddling ..

..i think im going to invest in marauder.. :)

[video=youtube;cDoRmT0iRic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic[/video]

I also rempit from time to time, but when at simpang 4, i always slow down by a lot even i'm on "i have the right to go side". You never know what gonna pop front of ya.

v3nu5_xx;744006 said:
I also rempit from time to time, but when at simpang 4, i always slow down by a lot even i'm on "i have the right to go side". You never know what gonna pop front of ya.

Rempit is fine but just have to make sure it's safe to do so. I mean, calculated risks :) Some people likes to rempit in areas with many people around like housing area (where there are lots of kids), highway filled up with cars (zig zagging like a mad man), mamak stall (accelerate fast fast, like their driving a Ferrari?). These are just plain silly acts in my believe.

aoch88;744172 said:
Rempit is fine but just have to make sure it's safe to do so. I mean, calculated risks :).

Some people calculator not so canggih how? ROFL!

3 ppl died in this accident: the Ferrari driver, the cab driver and the car passenger...

The Ferrari didn't brake to slow down at all looking at the video..

As for the singaporeans having bad comments against the mainland chinese, can't blame them cos the PRC immigrants are actually causing problems in that tiny island.. The mainland chinese can be quite rude and crude and also they were taking over the local's jobs cos the PRC workers will work with lesser pay... There was a news report of a group of local sporean women chased a burly mainland chinese woman off a MRT.. Guess what the PRC woman doing on the train? She was PLUCKING her ARMPIT HAIR for all to see... :eek:
And now a lot of bus drivers in Spore are PRC men and getting a lot of complaints for bad services and accidents.. There was 2 cases where the bus knocked in to the pedestrian crossing the road using the zebra crossing. And there was even a funny incident where the bus driver got lost for 2 hours with passengers on board after attempting to detour from the designated route due to a jam..

Top Bottom