Jpj - hid

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Soundman;411562 said:
So Saat, did you had to removed ur CCFL's ??? How fast was the inspection ?

I am probably black-listed for not showing up. Hopefully they've forgotten about it. In any case, the original park lights are still there. All I needed to do was reconnect them backor I disconnect the CCFLs.

For my earlier tinting case, I replaced the tint, spent half the day at JPJ Pdg Jawa and paid some fine.

before each major festival, there will be a lot of illegal cars/foreign workers/etc. so luckily we have our law enforcements friends to help solve the problems by making your wallets lighter. with harder times coming, they have to work harder to catch our 'illegal' cars :)

fabianyee;411206 said:
If projector lense type, there's no blinding effect unlike the reflector type ie E46 headlight.. Which I also wonder why BMW fitted reflector-type headlamp on the E46 while the E30 and E36 had the projector lense headlamp.. Then they reverted to projector lense on the E90...

i was just wondering if u knew what type of lamp e28 has...projector or reflector?

The E28 head light should be the same design as the E30, with projector type. It is just the glass is not those clear type as seen on those E90, but come with pattern glass that direct the light on the road. Will this type of projector head light with patterned glass giving the same blind effect (glare) as those reflector head light if fitted with HID? Any one tried before?

Those who kena stop by JPJ, how do they know your car's fitted with HID?, did they open the bonnet? saw the ballast? or just by looking at the light only? shit, how do they know ah?

So since factory fitted HID's are ok, what's to stop me from installing them, then telling the JPJ officer that they are factory standard when I am stopped at a roadblock?

Salut

The best solution is just installed the HID at ur fog lamp... if see jpj roadblock just turn the fog lamp off...

solo;488301 said:
So since factory fitted HID's are ok, what's to stop me from installing them, then telling the JPJ officer that they are factory standard when I am stopped at a roadblock?

Salut

The difference between factory and retrofitted HID systems is that, factory HIDs are designed with the brighter beams in mind. the reflectors or projectors need to be properly focused to produce optimized road illumination as well as to reduce glare to the oncoming cars.

the europeans have laws that require manufacturers to include self-levelling function or headlight washers for HID headlight systems.

Projector headlights produce better and safer results than reflectors when retrofitted with HID.

sadly there are too many car owners who don't understand how these things work and don't know that their headlights are way too intense with their HID kits installed. it's just too freaking glaring no matter coming from the rear or the front.

their ignorance caused the hate on the HID kits

As for how the JPJ boys know? depending on how suspicious your car look i suppose. they do look for ballasts, wiring and stuff like that. For those with whitish or bluish beams, there is no question.

Tom;488312 said:
The difference between factory and retrofitted HID systems is that, factory HIDs are designed with the brighter beams in mind. the reflectors or projectors need to be properly focused to produce optimized road illumination as well as to reduce glare to the oncoming cars.

the europeans have laws that require manufacturers to include self-levelling function or headlight washers for HID headlight systems.

Projector headlights produce better and safer results than reflectors when retrofitted with HID.

sadly there are too many car owners who don't understand how these things work and don't know that their headlights are way too intense with their HID kits installed. it's just too freaking glaring no matter coming from the rear or the front.

their ignorance caused the hate on the HID kits

As for how the JPJ boys know? depending on how suspicious your car look i suppose. they do look for ballasts, wiring and stuff like that. For those with whitish or bluish beams, there is no question.

Ah I see, looks like I have to brush up on my klentong skills, if I meet the JPJ guys, especially when I install Angel Eyes. I guess I'll pass on the HIDs.

Salut

SpeedaddicT;488304 said:
The best solution is just installed the HID at ur fog lamp... if see jpj roadblock just turn the fog lamp off...

nowadays JPJ will ask you to turn on the fog lamp and high beam as well, my friends kena before...

macgy;488273 said:
Those who kena stop by JPJ, how do they know your car's fitted with HID?, did they open the bonnet? saw the ballast? or just by looking at the light only? shit, how do they know ah?

i think it is very easy to tell if ur low beam is HID while your fogs are halogen, the colour is totally different even u use 4300k HID, which is my case. But fortunately i seldom come out at night. Your E34 also fitted HID??

bumping an old thread..

got stopped by JPJ last week during their operasi besar-besaran roadblock..kena saman "No. plate kenderaan FANCY"...and was asked to go for inspection at any JPJ branch before 3rd August 2012..they also issued a saman asking to attend at PJ court on 22 October...suspect they put a simple saman to lure me into bringing the car to inspection and then try to pin-down other illegal stuff on the car i.e tinted films, white lights, etc

how to resolve this headache ya? main concern is they will koyak my tinted films when I go for inspection since those are very dark films..need help from sifus and experienced fellow beemer drivers..

SilverBullet;759921 said:
bumping an old thread..

got stopped by JPJ last week during their operasi besar-besaran roadblock..kena saman "No. plate kenderaan FANCY"...and was asked to go for inspection at any JPJ branch before 3rd August 2012..they also issued a saman asking to attend at PJ court on 22 October...suspect they put a simple saman to lure me into bringing the car to inspection and then try to pin-down other illegal stuff on the car i.e tinted films, white lights, etc

how to resolve this headache ya? main concern is they will koyak my tinted films when I go for inspection since those are very dark films..need help from sifus and experienced fellow beemer drivers..

Any sample of your current plate bro? Am on Euro font plates and afraid gonna kena too. But so far passed by police road blocks no issue. Not sure about JPJ.

Hari raya coming so have to be careful :p its the type of fonts you use as well. they will cook up any reason they can think off

wingzee;759930 said:
Any sample of your current plate bro? Am on Euro font plates and afraid gonna kena too. But so far passed by police road blocks no issue. Not sure about JPJ.

sorry bro could not post my plate number here..the numbers are more like the round type (like 999) not like the standard ones with sharp edges or square-ish...not sure if Euro font plates would pass, because normally JPJ are very strict..anyways, like bro slyder said hari raya is coming so they will stop you for whatever smallest reasons..time to collect extra income for them...

back to my post above, would rather pay the fine rm150 or whatever amount it is but dont want to go for inspection and get my tinted ripped off..do u think it's possible?

SilverBullet;760063 said:
sorry bro could not post my plate number here..the numbers are more like the round type (like 999) not like the standard ones with sharp edges or square-ish...not sure if Euro font plates would pass, because normally JPJ are very strict..anyways, like bro slyder said hari raya is coming so they will stop you for whatever smallest reasons..time to collect extra income for them...

back to my post above, would rather pay the fine rm150 or whatever amount it is but dont want to go for inspection and get my tinted ripped off..do u think it's possible?

Nahhh no probs bro. In total how many summons were issued to you? If the summon stated only plates I don't think they will mess with other stuffs. Likewise, when a friend was slapped with a summon for dark tint, only the tint was checked and his loud muffler and widebody was left "untouched".

IINM, if they have asked u to go for inspection it's a must. Just switch back to stock plates and try your luck. If know someone else in JPJ then even better lah. :)

thanks bro for your input and advice...i guess need to try my luck go for the inspection..heard that on rainy or gloomy days their VLT machine doesn't work well and sometimes cannot be used to check tints..hehe might be going on those days just to try swaying the luck a bit on my side...

on the other hand, does anybody knows a runner that can help u settle this number plate issue without going for inspection?

I heard stories that jpj sometimes will tear off part of the tint. So the owner has to retint and do inspection.

Top Bottom