HID & Xenon - JPJ Crackdown

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
M30;321609 said:
I am not using V-cool. i am using some security tint all round in my car. tried it under the spot light and was cooler then the v-cool so decided to go with it.

Actually should darker tint absorb heat??since most dark objects absorb heat.

aiseh, i thot u can get vkool cheap2..

makes sense oso, dark objects absorbs heat.. so, dark tints wud make the car hotter then?

JPJ say they will start this "xenon & tinted film operasi" in July08, according to a Chinese newspaper today.

Or has JPJ started it? anybody else encounter the road block for this purpose?

fabianyee;321616 said:
heat rejection is determined by how much infra red rays are 'bounced' off by the tint...... BTW, which brand of security tint are you using? is it thicker than the normal tint?

I cannot remember what brand it was but it had much better heat rejection then v-kool and rike cool and i have tried rike cool and was not really impressed with the performance and colour since i tried this security tint and they actually retail for the same price( i got quite a fair discount for the rike cool coz of my friend). It is thicker then the normal tints and it is not recommanded for the front windshield coz might be a lil uneven and cause driving fatique. i took the chance to try and see coz my glass is pretty flat

Kaiza635CSI;321673 said:
im fine with my black tint.

Did u touch the wood when i said that? ur one is fully blacked out or just the back?

My rear windscreen is 90% black tint and side windows are 80%. the front sides are 70% front windscreen is 70% clear. Not as dark as before though.

M30;322188 said:
Did u touch the wood when i said that? ur one is fully blacked out or just the back?

last Friday.. on the way to TT... kena massive JPJ road block after Sg Nyior Toll...
Quickly SMS to members to avoid the toll but unfortunately 1 E30 friend sudah kena la... 2 letters was issued to him, 1 for a fine of RM80 for out of spec plate numbers and the other 1 for an inspection.

When I think about it, where is justice and equality.... people are being hit with summons for slightly smaller numbers when there are plenty of legal small bumbers like BAMbee, Putraja, Satria, Proton, Waja.

I think we need to set up a royal commission to handle plate numbers matters la...

planta

Well what can we say guys?!?? This kinda road block should thanks to those so called "ah beng" and "ah lian". These ppl installed the HID/Xenon in an improper way and it do actually create disturbance to other drivers and people. I am sure someone here kena before when you see such car...it is just too glaring!

The downside of such road block will be giving the JPJ to misuse their power to an extent. When they misuse their power, there is nothing you or me can do :(

So for those who have aftermarket HID/Xenon which is not glaring and fitted properly but worried, just lay low for the time being. If you really get pulled over, just remain calm and be polite first! Else you sure get it from the JPJ.

i thinks its better to buy a skuter n rempit!!!

likes there is no rights for us to mod our rides just bcoz of small amount of ppl who abuse use it...

:(

chEers

qudernkl;328513 said:
Well what can we say guys?!?? This kinda road block should thanks to those so called "ah beng" and "ah lian". These ppl installed the HID/Xenon in an improper way and it do actually create disturbance to other drivers and people. I am sure someone here kena before when you see such car...it is just too glaring!

The downside of such road block will be giving the JPJ to misuse their power to an extent. When they misuse their power, there is nothing you or me can do :(

So for those who have aftermarket HID/Xenon which is not glaring and fitted properly but worried, just lay low for the time being. If you really get pulled over, just remain calm and be polite first! Else you sure get it from the JPJ.

there is always a choice..while the gov disturbingly allows such businesses to sell products that are obviously against the law AND THEN comes after us for having these products installed,the choice is always with us.

i think most of us know that we are indeed flouting the law by having these dark tints etc but we chose to take the risk.YES these laws are unfair and indeed backwards in thinking but they are there and there is nothing we can do to change 'em.

so tread carefully when u drive cuz when u get caught,u are at the mercy of these enforcement agencies.the best way to handle them is to be polite and courteous..u are in the wrong remember.

good luck guys

Get rid of these lights!

Sorry for those who installed those light, but seriously, I really really hate it when people use those bright headlamps. It just blind your eyes and can cause distraction to drivers in front.

Quikflyer;334136 said:
Get rid of these lights!

Sorry for those who installed those light, but seriously, I really really hate it when people use those bright headlamps. It just blind your eyes and can cause distraction to drivers in front.

The HID is only suitable for projector headlamp & must be properly allign. Those HID install on non projector headlamp that will blind others. Seriously u got to have your eyes checked bro.

initialM;334150 said:
The HID is only suitable for projector headlamp & must be properly allign. Those HID install on non projector headlamp that will blind others. Seriously u got to have your eyes checked bro.

My eyes checked for what?

There's a reason why they ban the illegal lamps. I'm not too sure about the technical bits of it, but those that are illegal I assume blinds people's eyes. I'm sure those original ones do not have such effect.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong though! :)

Quikflyer;334152 said:
My eyes checked for what?

There's a reason why they ban the illegal lamps. I'm not too sure about the technical bits of it, but those that are illegal I assume blinds people's eyes. I'm sure those original ones do not have such effect.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong though! :)

yes, you are right. :top:

Top Bottom