HID for e34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tkk;481227 said:
Hi Eggie,

Thanks alot... may i know where is Inner Power location?

Inner Power is located at Batu 4.25, Jalan Ipoh, Tel: 03-62517677/Mr Tang 012-2107677

tkk;481230 said:
Hi King,

Rm120 is for 1 unit or 2 units (Left & right)?
Thanks for the sharing. i might go check out the osram later afternoon also...

haha...sorry...it's RM120 each...so both sides would cost RM240 =)

Jerman;481232 said:
Inner Power is located at Batu 4.25, Jalan Ipoh, Tel: 03-62517677/Mr Tang 012-2107677

Hi Jerman,

I just called Tang, he told me $140(L)/$150(H) for New original Hella. he suggest me to change to Philip diamond bulb 4300k cost around $150. surely will get better improvement compare to Osram.

See whether can find the used good condition headlamps... else hv no choice then go for the new 1 to replace

king82;481225 said:
yup, the last time changed it in ipoh (middle of 2009), the low beam for left and right lamps, RM120 (original)...

bro tkk, perhaps you could try out osram nightbreakers...cost around RM90+-...much whiter and brighter than the conventional bulbs... just my two cents

Hey, may I know where I'm able to obtain the Osram nightbreakers? They're H1 bulbs right? What are the wattage like? Similar to those 4,300K ones? Thanks!

Eggie86;481238 said:
Hey, may I know where I'm able to obtain the Osram nightbreakers? They're H1 bulbs right? What are the wattage like? Similar to those 4,300K ones? Thanks!

hi eggie...last time i got it (Aug2009) was from PH auto in PJ SeaPark...RM90 for a pair. If you are good at negotiating, maybe you could get it for less...it's 55w, like normal halogen bulbs...

the mechanic told me and my dad that there should be an improvement of 20% by changing to the new headlamps...that's why we decided to change...but even with the new headlamps, the original bulbs just were not bright enough...so, after reading some comments here about the osram nightbreakers, i decided to buy and test them out. I can say that there's quite a lot of improvement (for me anyway)...

king82;481225 said:
yup, the last time changed it in ipoh (middle of 2009), the low beam for left and right lamps, RM120 (original)...

bro tkk, perhaps you could try out osram nightbreakers...cost around RM90+-...much whiter and brighter than the conventional bulbs... just my two cents

Bro, how much brighter and further is the beam throw on the nightbreakers? Is it a lot whiter? I don't know if i should change the bulbs to either breakers or diamonds or just save more money and go for HIDs?

hm...a lot, a lot whiter than conventional (but not pure white as it still maintains slight yellowish colour)...breakers are much more cheaper than philips diamonds? bimmerholic...maybe for the time being, you could try to use breakers first (RM90) and at the same time, save money for your HIDs?

Anyway, i'll try to get some pictures of my lights and post it here...hopefully tonight...

king82;481257 said:
hi eggie...last time i got it (Aug2009) was from PH auto in PJ SeaPark...RM90 for a pair. If you are good at negotiating, maybe you could get it for less...it's 55w, like normal halogen bulbs...

the mechanic told me and my dad that there should be an improvement of 20% by changing to the new headlamps...that's why we decided to change...but even with the new headlamps, the original bulbs just were not bright enough...so, after reading some comments here about the osram nightbreakers, i decided to buy and test them out. I can say that there's quite a lot of improvement (for me anyway)...

Ooh, PH auto. Thanks man. Shall try to visit there someday. Hmm, cos my E32 having problems with low beams especially at night, as the 'throw' of the beams doesn't spread far like other cars do. Feels really irritated when cars like Myvi and Kias all have much brighter and wider dispersion of their low beams than mine. :stupid:

I dunno whether it's bulb problems or my headlights are wrongly aligned, i.e; facing too much downwards. I can't see any further than my bonnet especially when driving in pitch black; when I really need to use the high beams.

no prob...PH Auto is the only place i know now that you can get them...perhaps others have different places...
i think it's not so much about other cars having brighter and wider dispersion of their low beams...it's more about safety - being able to see the road clearly...

before having the headlamps and bulbs changed, i was very frustrated too...frustrated because i couldn't see the roads clearly especially when i take the trunk road from tapah to gopeng (as my gf stays in kampar)...it's quite dangerous as well...i could use the high beam, but only when there are no oncoming vehicles coming...

when budget permits, I am thinking of installing fog lights to my E34 too...sigh...i wish my pay was more

about your beam being too low...i'm not sure what is the real cause of it...maybe you could take out the bulb and put it back in again? the last time i was changing the bulbs to nightbreakers, the right side was having some alignment prob too, took it out and put it back in again (a few times actually). If it's not your bulbs' problem, then suggest you have your headlights checked (perhaps the adjusted broke?)

tkk;481158 said:
Hi Buddy,

when are you free to show me? i'm on holiday this week. let me know we can catch up for drink so can compare to your HID man...

this guy's HID with ccfl really REALLY bright, dun pray pray... :D

Hi bros...just managed to take some photos. sorry for the bad quality as I'm a bad photographer and i'm not used to the camera settings.

haha...sorry...learning how to upload the photos...damn

king82;481301 said:
no prob...PH Auto is the only place i know now that you can get them...perhaps others have different places...
i think it's not so much about other cars having brighter and wider dispersion of their low beams...it's more about safety - being able to see the road clearly...

before having the headlamps and bulbs changed, i was very frustrated too...frustrated because i couldn't see the roads clearly especially when i take the trunk road from tapah to gopeng (as my gf stays in kampar)...it's quite dangerous as well...i could use the high beam, but only when there are no oncoming vehicles coming...

when budget permits, I am thinking of installing fog lights to my E34 too...sigh...i wish my pay was more

about your beam being too low...i'm not sure what is the real cause of it...maybe you could take out the bulb and put it back in again? the last time i was changing the bulbs to nightbreakers, the right side was having some alignment prob too, took it out and put it back in again (a few times actually). If it's not your bulbs' problem, then suggest you have your headlights checked (perhaps the adjusted broke?)

Ahh, thanks for the lowdown. Yeah, I'm more worried cos my night visibility practically suck; i.e; Non-Existent.

Don't seem to have any problems with my family's other rides, irrespective of how old they are, like the XJ40 and W140. :(

Tried changing bulbs before, bought a new right lense before, but still, to no avail. My bro jokingly said might as well change car instead of figuring out how to settle the damn light issue. :stupid:

ok...here goes...

without lights turned on
PC300597.jpg

lights turned on
PC300600.jpg

from inside the car, lights turned off
PC300605.jpg

from inside the car,lights turned on
PC300604.jpg

front view
PC300601-1.jpg

inside the car, further view
PC300606.jpg

wall close-up view
PC300607.jpg

slightly further away
PC300608.jpg

hope this helps...sorry bout the quality of the photos...first 6 photos taken at the basement car wash area which is slightly darker...the last two photos were taken at the basement carpark bay (slightly well lighted)

Eggie86;481452 said:
Ahh, thanks for the lowdown. Yeah, I'm more worried cos my night visibility practically suck; i.e; Non-Existent.

Don't seem to have any problems with my family's other rides, irrespective of how old they are, like the XJ40 and W140. :(

Tried changing bulbs before, bought a new right lense before, but still, to no avail. My bro jokingly said might as well change car instead of figuring out how to settle the damn light issue. :stupid:

i see...did you do the changes (bulb change, lense change) yourself? If yes, perhaps should leave it to the professional?

haha...your brother may be right...but...i think there's more satisfaction when you manage to fix the beams of your headlights...that was how i felt when i managed to DIY my first lightbulb change :p

King82,

From the pictures that you uploaded, i think my current setup is just as bright as yours if not worst. i guess going for breakers or diamonds may not please me or my lights at night.:eek:
I guess HID is the only solution for brightening up your nights!:top:

Thanks King82 once again for posting the pics up. :)

this topic is very tempting. will scout around later in the afternoon

king82;481457 said:
i see...did you do the changes (bulb change, lense change) yourself? If yes, perhaps should leave it to the professional?

haha...your brother may be right...but...i think there's more satisfaction when you manage to fix the beams of your headlights...that was how i felt when i managed to DIY my first lightbulb change :p

Whoa, thanks for the pictures! Yours is insanely bright. Haha. Nope, tried replacing bulbs myself once but accidentally touched one of the wires, then my left low beam failed. Since then, always sent to workshop.

There was this one occasion when I bought brighter [but cheaper] bulbs from Brothers KJ, but the workers there not familiar with Bimmers, that's why they messed up my wiring, hence, low beam failed again especially in the first mode [i.e; push the light switch up once].

Haha. I'm envious lah bro. I'm not really adept at DIY stuff. *Sheesh*

bimmerholic;481510 said:
King82,

From the pictures that you uploaded, i think my current setup is just as bright as yours if not worst. i guess going for breakers or diamonds may not please me or my lights at night.:eek:
I guess HID is the only solution for brightening up your nights!:top:

Thanks King82 once again for posting the pics up. :)

No problem, bro...I won't go saying that the lights are very bright...but for a cheap and easy solution...this is it not to mention...JPJ won't kacau...=)

good luck in your HID hunt =)

lozo;481532 said:
this topic is very tempting. will scout around later in the afternoon

i guess so...if you are caught in between choosing breakers and HID...why not test out this cheaper way first (breakers)...if it works, it'll only cost you RM90...else, you can go for HID...and still sell off your breakers to someone else =)

Top Bottom