HID for e34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Eggie86;481569 said:
Whoa, thanks for the pictures! Yours is insanely bright. Haha. Nope, tried replacing bulbs myself once but accidentally touched one of the wires, then my left low beam failed. Since then, always sent to workshop.

There was this one occasion when I bought brighter [but cheaper] bulbs from Brothers KJ, but the workers there not familiar with Bimmers, that's why they messed up my wiring, hence, low beam failed again especially in the first mode [i.e; push the light switch up once].

Haha. I'm envious lah bro. I'm not really adept at DIY stuff. *Sheesh*

hahahaha..."insanely" is an overrated word...hehe..

Sorry to say, but my DIY is also very limited...my gf always complains that i break stuff (instead of fixing them)...

So...what's your plan? you've got to get it fixed soonest, by hook or by crook...coz it's dangerous driving around without proper lighting...

king82;481572 said:
i guess so...if you are caught in between choosing breakers and HID...why not test out this cheaper way first (breakers)...if it works, it'll only cost you RM90...else, you can go for HID...and still sell off your breakers to someone else =)

Hey king, sorry for being a noob, but I'm just curious, what are 'breakers'? Similar to the Osram bulbs you were mentioning about?

sorry sorry...someone used breakers as short form for nightbreakers...so i just followed....and yes, they mean the same (for me)

king82;481575 said:
hahahaha..."insanely" is an overrated word...hehe..

Sorry to say, but my DIY is also very limited...my gf always complains that i break stuff (instead of fixing them)...

So...what's your plan? you've got to get it fixed soonest, by hook or by crook...coz it's dangerous driving around without proper lighting...

Haha. You're too modest bro. Yours is very bright and sure aids travelling along those dark trunk roads from Tapah to Kampar. LOL!

Yup, still wondering what's next. If really true that changing the bulbs may really work, I might be tempted to get those Nightbreakers from PH by next week.

Actually my lights are there, only that they aren't bright. :stupid:

Eggie86;481584 said:
Haha. You're too modest bro. Yours is very bright and sure aids travelling along those dark trunk roads from Tapah to Kampar. LOL!

Yup, still wondering what's next. If really true that changing the bulbs may really work, I might be tempted to get those Nightbreakers from PH by next week.

Actually my lights are there, only that they aren't bright. :stupid:

perhaps it was the "lighting effect" from the camera that made the lights seem bright..haha...the lights are fine, but i would be happier if it was brighter than this. I am planning to maybe get a pair of fog lamps...but my $$ is a bit tight now...

my lights condition were just like yours...it was as if the lights were not turned on while driving at night.

just buy the nightbreakers and test them out...i think it's an "investment" that is worthwhile...worse come to worse...you could still sell them off to someone else...good luck in getting the "fire" back into your E32's eyes =)

king82;481591 said:
perhaps it was the "lighting effect" from the camera that made the lights seem bright..haha...the lights are fine, but i would be happier if it was brighter than this. I am planning to maybe get a pair of fog lamps...but my $$ is a bit tight now...

my lights condition were just like yours...it was as if the lights were not turned on while driving at night.

just buy the nightbreakers and test them out...i think it's an "investment" that is worthwhile...worse come to worse...you could still sell them off to someone else...good luck in getting the "fire" back into your E32's eyes =)

Haha. You want them to be more brighter? Whoa...

You mentioned that they're around RM 90 a pair? Sounds like a rather good investment. :top:

Haha, my fog lamps also cacat. Those stock standard Hella ones, but they aren't useful too. Hahaha.

Eggie86;481594 said:
Haha. You want them to be more brighter? Whoa...

You mentioned that they're around RM 90 a pair? Sounds like a rather good investment. :top:

Haha, my fog lamps also cacat. Those stock standard Hella ones, but they aren't useful too. Hahaha.

haha...of course the brighter the better ma...can see the roads clearly... :top:

yup, the last time i got them was for RM90 a pair...not sure if price decreased or increased...price is ok...higher than normal bulbs, but a lot more cheaper than modifying to HIDs. There was another topic on nightbreakers in this forum, mentioned that the bulbs could last around 1 year...so it'll be pretty worth it

time to change your fog lamps then...but if you manage to get your low beams working normally (brighter), then you could maybe just leave your current fog lamps as they are for the time being...

p.s. we syok sendiri here? wonder how tkk is doing? :listen:

Hi All,

My problem has resolved by GT-E34!! He really a "Guru" and very knowledgeable for E34...
Anyway, i have finally change back Original Hella with standard bulb 55w... i think my head lights have improve more than 50% after he have applied the mechanical works in my headlamps..

I will try to adjust the position and capture picture to share here later... now my car as bright as MYVI....

Thank you very much brother (GT-E34)...

Eggie86;481452 said:
Ahh, thanks for the lowdown. Yeah, I'm more worried cos my night visibility practically suck; i.e; Non-Existent.

Don't seem to have any problems with my family's other rides, irrespective of how old they are, like the XJ40 and W140. :(

Tried changing bulbs before, bought a new right lense before, but still, to no avail. My bro jokingly said might as well change car instead of figuring out how to settle the damn light issue. :stupid:

Try talk to this Guru "GT-E34"... he surely can solve your problem...

tkk;481798 said:
Try talk to this Guru "GT-E34"... he surely can solve your problem...

Haha. Thanks man. Tomorrow getting back the E32 from workshop. Hopefully problem would've been solved then. *fingers crossed*

tkk;481771 said:
Hi All,

My problem has resolved by GT-E34!! He really a "Guru" and very knowledgeable for E34...
Anyway, i have finally change back Original Hella with standard bulb 55w... i think my head lights have improve more than 50% after he have applied the mechanical works in my headlamps..

I will try to adjust the position and capture picture to share here later... now my car as bright as MYVI....

good to hear there is a good way to solve this problem for our e34..cant wait to see the pictures:top:
btw bro, ur angel eye u got from gc is it?lying down on store room now?:listen:

prime5;481849 said:
good to hear there is a good way to solve this problem for our e34..cant wait to see the pictures:top:
btw bro, ur angel eye u got from gc is it?lying down on store room now?:listen:

Hi Prime5,

Bought from GC in Oct-2008 and might plan to let go.

tkk;481771 said:
Hi All,

I not a GURU,just sharing my knowledge about e34.happy to heared, you light bright as MYVI....

GT-E34;481870 said:
I not a GURU,just sharing my knowledge about e34.happy to heared, you light bright as MYVI....

Hi Brother,

I think my lights is brighter than MYVI now.... i have attached my current head lights position setup..

walaueh...this is super CRAZY bright with 55w bulbs la...are the "mechanical works" easy? or complicated? How long does this take?

Bro GT-E34, would you be able to help me with my lights? *blink blink*

king82;481911 said:
walaueh...this is super CRAZY bright with 55w bulbs la...are the "mechanical works" easy? or complicated? How long does this take?

Bro GT-E34, would you be able to help me with my lights? *blink blink*

I never see the actual works done by GT-E34... but i think will not take him more than 2 hours!!! but he is definitely trusted... happy dealing with him

Hey all, whoaaa. i am very stunning to see the result of your car BTW. can i ask? what is the mechanical work that have been done? can it be done for e30?

ejat shafiq;481939 said:
Hey all, whoaaa. i am very stunning to see the result of your car BTW. can i ask? what is the mechanical work that have been done? can it be done for e30?

The head lights not just brighter than my previous... most important is the lights concentrate center in front of the car... it really help to ensure your driving at night time...

tkk;481878 said:
Hi Brother,

I think my lights is brighter than MYVI now.... i have attached my current head lights position setup..

Fr your attached ,the lights still needed to adjust higher and both left and right lights still needed adjust a bit close to centre position.

Top Bottom