e90 LCI headlamp Bi-xenon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;509627 said:
The coronas are the signature look of BMWs, and we don't even know what's what. Hahahaha! :eek:

No worries, it won't be a mystery for long. Sharp will share with us the LCI's version while I'll undress my pre-LCI.. :wink: :D

Stay tune for some close up macro shots ..

hopefully there are words written there... the bulb already has been took out for some time
i think i bring the bulbs to office tomolo easier :D

Which model is your LCI Sharp? At least we know your model's coronas are not LED. :)

E90 lors...

heard ppl say F10 in kl wor.. on the road, and read someone saw it in SG as well... betul ka?

Don't know about SG, but I reckon it'll be launched here in June or thereabouts.

Traveler;509450 said:
Actually, for pre-LCI, the inner lamps (halogen/reflectors) are used for flashing and high beam.

So, based on alexkhoo's info on LCIs and adding my own, this should be the comparison between LCI and pre-LCI (someone correct me if this is inaccurate or if there are differences within LCI/pre-LCI models, thanks):

Light - LCI 323i | pre-LCI 325i

DRLs: Angel Eyes | Angel Eyes + Xenon/low (outer projector)
Low Beam: Angel Eyes (dimmed) + Xenon/low (outer projector) | Angel Eyes + Xenon/low (outer projector)
High Beam: Angel Eyes + Xenon/high (outer projector) | Angel Eyes + Xenon/high (outer projector) + Halogen (inner reflector)
Flash: Xenon/high (outer projector) | Halogen (inner reflector)

Difference in Xenon/low and Xenon/high would be the position of the plate in the projector light. In /low mode, the plate allows only a shorter throw for the light beam, while in /high mode, the plate allows a longer throw (ie further away) for the light beam, thus illuminating a longer distance away.

On LCI models, the inner projector is a dummy light.

Not so relevant to us here, but I remember reading in US E90 forums, about their DRLs, and I get the impression that for US pre-LCI models, their DRLs use the halogen inner reflector lights (at low power). Anyone else get the same impression?

why do i feel like I am back in Automotive Lighting Systems 101 all over again?

We're only trying to clarify things for you because you said you're a bit lost mah. :D

abang abang sekalian... minta maaf... adik lupa bawak gi opit hari ini.....

Hi forum!
Nope did not see the F10 in Kl yet.my motoring journalist friend saw the X1 in BMW Cyberjaya,. He's quite impressed-it's quite big and looks good-maybe bigger in size than the CRV he says. Are you all going for the X1 launch? My invites for this Friday- 7 pm onwards at Avenue K. Come lah...we'll catch up there,yeah?...I did not get the card yet also..called BMW Voice up. They said no need card, just give your name. Can bring yourself and 1 guest.I'm bringing my motoring journalist friend. He's famous. Maybe you know him when you meet him.
Regards,
Ray

Top Bottom