HPC track day.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Redd

Club Guest
an excellent day at the track! kudos to HPC and the guys involved! it was a lot of work but u all pulled it off.also, thanks to the blue MCS who gave me a damn good run during the first session. that made the day for me. so much for the no overtaking rule, eh? i didnt catch ur nick, so if ur in here, say hi! :)see y'all again at Turn 1!redd

The event was fun...I enjoyed myself.

Alvin, Jules.... :blush: Sorry ah.???

still uploading the videos....wait ah..??

I finally met Deanna Yeusof..... :yahoo: she was nice enuff to entertain me. She so sweet..... :)

Here's a short clips.

Pit Area

Ace...!!!??? where's the pictures?????

:beaten: my tyres are gone...flat spotted it at turn 14. :beaten: so I had to do this.

Burnout...muhahahaaa..!!!!

and I finally get to drive a Porsche GT3..!!!!!! :yahoo: :blush: just 6ft to the front and reverse back nia.... :blush: :)

Originally posted by Redd@Apr 8 2006, 05:21 PM
an excellent day at the track! kudos to HPC and the guys involved! it was a lot of work but u all pulled it off.

also, thanks to the blue MCS who gave me a damn good run during the first session. that made the day for me. so much for the no overtaking rule, eh? i didnt catch ur nick, so if ur in here, say hi! :)

see y'all again at Turn 1!

redd
Redd, didn't have chance to giv taxi rides in the golf......after 1st run, got some sound at high rpm, went for 2 laps in 2nd session alone and came back due to high oil temperature. Later, checked the oil level and it was really low (just changed oil 2 days ago!). Looks like oil pump.

Besides, the body roll is scary, esp at turns 5 & 6!!!!

ZOGGEE, I MISS THE STARLET!!!!!

zoggee, hahahah we were waiting for the photographer to come and take a pic of u and YOUR GT3 but he just kept walking!

but damn that flat 6 sounds good! too bad the necc wasnt giving taxi rides. i was hoping for one.

flanker, sorry to hear bout ur GTi. i hope it gets well soon. better a wasted afternoon than a burnt engine.

lotsa minis around. i remember once when i was doing a cooldown lap i was overtaken at the same time by 3 black minis hunting in a pack. damn cute, and that cool whine the blower makes.

redd

Zoggee. 3 words. YOU ARE CRAZY! Hahahaha....reminds me of the 1st time of met you...terus kena donut at you know where lah....
:nyehehe:

ampun sifu. i just arrive nia. later sip a drink then only process.

today was fun.. Long Live Savvy. I change to Savvy Owners Club tomorrow. :yahoo:

Originally posted by Redd@Apr 8 2006, 04:53 AM
but damn that flat 6 sounds good! too bad the necc wasnt giving taxi rides. i was hoping for one.
Redd... I couldn't even cleanly pass that white Fiat Coupe... it would've been embarassing, you taxi'ing with me!

After I learn how to drive the thing properly, promise.

Originally posted by adliz@Apr 8 2006, 10:57 PM
fiat coupe can be so fast aa? :D got flame coming out aa?
The pearl white fiat coupe was a fire spitting dragon....was directly behind the exhaust while hitching a taxi ride in XXX AE111......more fire than the Kenny Roger's roast pit!!!!

Nothing like being in a car that can go to 9,000rpm....Zoggee, i wan my 11,000rpm machine soon!!!

125150000_768c71e766.jpg

All in all, it was a great day out. Seperating the drivers into groups is what should be done at every track day- that way, the cats will not be set upon the pigeons! It gave all the benefits of an open track day; anyone can enter, low cost, without the "fear" associated with open track days; of workshop Satrias bombing down your ass.

The cost was very reasonable, considering the ample track time (seems meagre, but it's enough for road cars), lunch and the level of organisation provided. Though, as a word of advice to the organisers, cars of a same group should be made to park in specified pits from the beginning. It would be then easier to monitor the activity of the group(s), and issue instructions.

I had a great time, and this being a BMW forum, I will promise not to go on about how the Porsche is so much better on track than a BMW, how precise it's steering is, how ample the feedback (feelsome steering!), how organic the handling (DSC/ASC pah! Give me an LSD and a well sorted setup anyday!), how strong it's brakes are; 4 pots all round, 320mm discs(!!!), I still managed to fade them, though, wrong technique, apparently, how resiliant it's motor is (bounced off the hard limiter at 8k rpms several times in 2nd/3rd gear, but so what, they live fine up to 10k rpms!)... now, if only the driver was up to the machine!

Looking forward to the next HPC event!

Top Bottom