HPC - High Performance Challenge

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
XXX;316175 said:
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed urselves today, hope to see you guys again at the next session....

Yeah, it was cool, except, I gotta get myself out of Group 1... the instructor was nice and all, but he was weighing down my car! Jez kidding. Group 1 would be very good for newbies learning the lines....

Half track was like.... having the starter but no main course... gimme more! :rock:

Good turnout, esp the Minis in group 2 - they were awesome!

Nice to see so many E90s being put to the track and driven the way a BMW is meant to be driven... There's only so much fun one can have in waxing the damn thing... sometimes you gotta actually DRIVE it... :wink:

Lee36328;316454 said:
Half track was like.... having the starter but no main course... gimme more! :rock:

Actually I prefer the half circuit, as you don't waste so much time on the straights. The fun is at the corners and the south track is where all the tricky corners at located.:top:

Only thing is, when there are too many cars, it could get a little crowded.

Cheers

ALBundy;316459 said:
Actually I prefer the half circuit, as you don't waste so much time on the straights. The fun is at the corners and the south track is where all the tricky corners at located.:top:

Only thing is, when there are too many cars, it could get a little crowded.

Cheers

South track is where all the trick corners are.... turn 12,13 and 14 would be where you separate the boys from the men...

Wang, sorry didn't manage to offer you a taxi ride... i was 'overbooked' for the day... :p

South track for so many turns meh? Please share more..:63:

south-track.gif

Found it..

mallap.jpg

Kuala Lumpar.. :stupid:

This is another magnificent view of our play ground which I can only dream of to drive there.. :(

29650247456167l.jpg

astro,

The first diagram look familiar.....from HPC webpage?

After some stints, we decided to retain the same corner numbers as per if done on full track when we teach ( with exception of the slight kink which I call Turn 1 at times ) So for south track we have Turn 8 - Turn 14... as per your diagram..

Btw, your aerial shot is outdated....we have now tarmac run off at outside of T12, and T8 ( some areas...where Massa spun this year )

hope to see you on track at our next HPC....

The first diagram is pulled off from SIC official page as I was searching for "Sepang South Track".. got me puzzle for a while but the later images has given me a clearer picture over your conversation above..

I guess pretty soon, every one who have participated would be able to name their favorite turn and most scary turn.. :D

From the view above, we can't see the actual contour of the terrain and I sure those down hill approaching sharp corner would be a handful to tackle.. damn! this is interesting!!

So do you all switch off the DSC for more thrill? :love:

astroboy;316491 said:
South track for so many turns meh? Please share more..:63:

south-track.gif

Found it..

mallap.jpg

Kuala Lumpar.. :stupid:

This is another magnificent view of our play ground which I can only dream of to drive there.. :(

29650247456167l.jpg

hahaha... of course there isn't that many corners on the South Track... But when one speak about the corners doesn't matter which half track, it's easier to refer them to their turn number as per the Full Track...

aiyo astroboy RM195 to realise your dream also cannot afford meh..you come next session i take you go down hill approaching sharp corner for free...

Yes we tried doing that in the E90. Surprisingly, Cobra Kai and myself didn't feel much difference, car was still behaving well and not sliding around too much. But David had a different experience... I'll leave him to tell you his story ;)

XXX;316512 said:
aiyo astroboy RM195 to realise your dream also cannot afford meh..you come next session i take you go down hill approaching sharp corner for free...

Haha... that corner was real fun XXX, especially in your car :top:
Thanks again for the taxi ride and pointers!

I find those long high speed sweeping turns 10 and 13 is more exciting (I think :rolleyes:) when you need to balance the throttle to maintain traction so not to buang the car out at high speed.. screeching tyres? DSC lights should lit right? Damnnnnnn fun!

XXX;316512 said:

No VISA beb.. :(

GHS;316513 said:
... But David had a different experience... I'll leave him to tell you his story ;)

I guess when u see David on the road, better stay away huh.. :D

XXX;316512 said:

wah...this fella's offer I worry lor! HA HA joking-lar!

he only dangerous when fei mou chasing him! ha ha :top:

Jules;316366 said:
glad to hear the positive remarks here and all enjoyed the experience safely.

lee, hope your cracked disc is fxed by time u read this.

btw, sorry I cannot recall the name of forumer who I gave the taxi ride using the Group C MME toyota ae111 racer....Hope it was worthwhile experience for u and thanks for putting up with my driving....sorry for the slight twitch going into T14.....and non warning on the 1st lap when we went fast into t12 in 4th gear ( I saw how u brace urself at entry... )

Well, a good event - thanks to all of the participants' coorperation and our instructors.....

:D:D

Jules,

That would be me bro....you bet it was a worthwhile experience (very enjoyble one too)...Nothing to be sorry about as thats exactly the kind of ride i was expecting...Thanks alone can't describe my gratitude for getting a chance to ride in a real race car driven by a master...

Btw I was having some trouble getting the correct line exiting turn '1' (as you call it) before the taxi ride with you and after watching how you do it I tried it during the 3rd session and presto...it really worked and that satisfied feeling that comes with that was priceless...Thanks bro :adore::adore:

Bro Osflanker...your GTi is awesome...

Bro XXX....Next time I 'book' you for taxi ride...

Bro Zoggee...Jom pi isap rokok...

Bro KennyG...Well organised event :top:

Bro Fabian...Job well done

Nice meeting all of you there and all I can say is i am hooked and i want MORE!!! :rock::rock:

Ramsing,

Got your monster fixed and sorted out? (fuel pump rite?)...

Hope you didn't have to wait too long for the truck to come that day.

i had a very nice time too...worth the price for the experience. especially after you get used to it, you start pushing n pushing more. good fun.

lee...u're discs crack ar? thats y, u cannot follow the M3 CSL and brake last minute... :D

Jules;316613 said:
wah...this fella's offer I worry lor! HA HA joking-lar!

he only dangerous when fei mou chasing him! ha ha :top:

wah! boss got bonus is it? so happy can make joke summore.....:burnout:

XXX;316726 said:
wah! boss got bonus is it? so happy can make joke summore.....:burnout:

got bonus...get to test drive kenny's race car wor...this one he will use in this year's MME race. :top:

Bro Rimsukan - thanks for complement and glad to know u learnt the entry to Turn 8 from the ride with me....

Top Bottom