How's your E90 325i doing so far?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Fuel consumption of 18 to 19L/100 km is considered very high for a 2.5L engine and said consumption is normal for an M5. My e60 530i is about 12.5L/100 km city driving. km.

Yah, actually I think my fc quite high summore i my driving style is just like old uncle.

Even if purely on highway PLUS i just can get around 10L/100km.

What could affect my fc so badly?

I have done major service, new tyres, & allignment.

The only problem i noticed so far is I need to topup 1 Litre engine oil for every 3000km.

Better get your car checked. For sure oil leak issues plus other stuff.

Cheers

Ir. BMW said:
Yah, actually I think my fc quite high summore i my driving style is just like old uncle.

The only problem i noticed so far is I need to topup 1 Litre engine oil for every 3000km.

10L/100 km is not that bad. What mileage has your car done? Degraded components such as O2 (oxygen) and MAF sensors would affect the fuel consumption. According to Bosch, O2 sensors should be replaced every 100k km.

Ir. BMW said:

Been having much fun lately with my car. I am looking forward to increase the driving experience not as in speed , but an all rounder driving feeling.

in short , ultimate driving machine :) What kind of accessories or equipment that i need to buy and install ? I am not good at automotive stuff as this is the first car that I do mods on it. Can anyone give me a awesome checklist :)?

Hi all,

I've been wanting to ask, is it advisable to go for a late 2008 325i LCI as my daily commuter? The price of said model is very affordable now but should i go for newer model, somewhere around 2011? The price difference between the late 2008 and 2011 is by about 25k. I've spotted a late 2008 325i with the price tag of RM83500 negotiable.

Azaif said:
As for me, I would advice to go for lower mileage which is more likely at year 2011.

I see, but frankly speaking me too, do you know any used car dealer that is ok to deal with ? Meaning less hanky panky business.

That's true, hard to tell which dealers are honest. You just have to trust your luck (and your mech to do a good evaluation job!).

A few years back, i traded in my E46 325i which had about 170,000km clocked in already. Soon after, I saw my old car on one of the online ads, which had advertised it as 110,000km only! Typo error? Or mileage changed? Caveat emptor..

Anyone here still enjoying your E90 325i? I'm still enjoying mine and preserving it as much as i can.

Anyone here still enjoying your E90 325i? I'm still enjoying mine and preserving it as much as i can.
Hi Bro, yeah.. mine still running awesome; just changed new tires, approaching 380k km anytime now. Still floor the car every mrng otw to work. Now just sit at home during pkp.

Hi Bro, yeah.. mine still running awesome; just changed new tires, approaching 380k km anytime now. Still floor the car every mrng otw to work. Now just sit at home during pkp.
Wow. That's great to know! My car's mileage now about 94k km now. Average about 9,000km per year.

Wow. That's great to know! My car's mileage now about 94k km now. Average about 9,000km per year.
Thats quite a low mileage, what year is ur car? Mine avg 30k km yearly since 2007. My F30 barely hit 20k mark after 3 yrs. I prefer this car as my daily drive. Sedap nak rempit bro.

Thats quite a low mileage, what year is ur car? Mine avg 30k km yearly since 2007. My F30 barely hit 20k mark after 3 yrs. I prefer this car as my daily drive. Sedap nak rempit bro.
My car is year 2009 LCI model. Yeah the Straight 6 is very nice to Rev. Nice sound and smooth!

Loving my 2012 LCI first wife still. At 210k km now, apart from the minor faulty driver side cup holder, and more (self imposed) diligent oil change (every 10k km), she still gives me the goosebumps when the 6 pots roars to life. #ultimatedrivingmachine

Loving my 2012 LCI first wife still. At 210k km now, apart from the minor faulty driver side cup holder, and more (self imposed) diligent oil change (every 10k km), she still gives me the goosebumps when the 6 pots roars to life. #ultimatedrivingmachine
Good to know! Any overhaul done for the gearbox and engine so far throughout its life?

Good to know! Any overhaul done for the gearbox and engine so far throughout its life?

So far *touchwood*.. no need for any overhauling for the engine and gearbox yet. Probably she’s due for a full body checkup soon (I’m planning to get that done during the next oil change). I tend to err on the conservative side now that her age is catching up, preventative maintenance is what I’m opting for.

Notable major work done was around 150k km where I had all 4 shocks and mounts replaced.

I’m loving this car for sure.

Nice. Proves that the N52 engine is robust. 325i M Sport is seriously a driver's car. Handles well coupled with the smooth revving inline 6.

its awesome to see many owners still faithful with the e90s. To be honest its actually a bullet proof car, of course some may have unfortunate events but in average its an awesome car.

Mine is a 2011 325 M sports. almost reaching 200k KMs now but my FC is around 14L/100KM but i have some mods

Maintenance:
- full syn LM engine oil every 10k
- GB oil and filter every 30k
- all absorbers, arms, bushing mounting etc has been replace - using B8 now
- 2 weeks ago had an error of misfire on bank 4, after stop and start car was fine, but decided to change all 6 coils and plugs as i think its about time.
- valve cover cracked, so this was replaced as well
- vanos seal was replaces as well
- most of the above are all preventive besides the valve cover which was reactive

Next service
- planning to change rear diff oil - anyway has done this before?

Top Bottom