How are your 320d doing so far?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
To date, it's just normal wear and tear parts like pads, rotors, and normal servicing. Recently had the crankshaft pulley replaced which failed on me at 112k km. I think that's about it.

Next service should have the intake manifold and egr cleaned.

The issue is with the rail that supports the timing chain. The rail is made of plastic, and over the years, due to wear n tear, it becomes brittle and, since the torque is huge on these diesel, makes it worse. Suggest to change the timing rail as part of preventive maintenance, at an interval.

Not sure how much it wld cost. Perhaps u need to scroll thru the thread to find out bro

Using my e90 320d for 1 year 2 months now and till now , every minute driving it is so enjoyable . It’s such a sad thing bmw Malaysia does not wanna bring in more diesels.
My mileage now is at 85k km. No issues with the vehicle at all so far. only mod I did is changed the rims to 18in , without staggered Tyres . So that I can rotate the 4 Tyres every 8-9k km. However , I must say , the feel of driving with the stock rims and Tyres felt better.
feel like changing back to stock rims and Tyres.

Enjoying my fully stock E90 LCI 325i M Sport as well. Smooth revving inline 6 is really nice. Now only hoping for more power. If only i can get a demo of the 320d torque and power as i've never driven a diesel before.

Changed my e90’s 320d original 17in rims (staggered Tyres setup) to 18in rims(without staggered setup) . I must say I’m not that happy . Especially around corners and I feel there a little freeplay when driving in a straight line. Would like to swap back to the original rims , anyone here has contact for me to purchase them ?

The issue is with the rail that supports the timing chain. The rail is made of plastic, and over the years, due to wear n tear, it becomes brittle and, since the torque is huge on these diesel, makes it worse. Suggest to change the timing rail as part of preventive maintenance, at an interval.

Not sure how much it wld cost. Perhaps u need to scroll thru the thread to find out bro

I had my timing chain guide fail last year. need to change 1 piston and cylinder head. Total damage about 8k. car went smooth after repair and still be driven fantastically todate.

Oh ya mine is 2009 e90 with about 180k km odometer when it failed

Top Bottom