How's your E90 325i doing so far?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi..

my window regulator and actuator kaput already..need to change a new one..any suggestions?

fuel consumption quite high..13.8/100km...town drive..
325i 2006

Hi guys, anyone know the difference between 2009 Lci and 2011 Lci other than the upgraded paddle shifter?

The fuel consumption from some posters seems pretty high. My previous Roc (2.0l turbo) does 10.5l/100km and my current super heavy E93 (4.0l NA) does 14.2l/100km.

Just got my firmware or Integration Level updated at AB.

The car was on E89X-08-09-530 and now it is having the latest, E89X-15-03-500. All the control unit's firmware was updated along with it. Was a one-day job.

I felt the low-end noticeably more powerful. Other than that, there are some slight interface changes in the iDrive's telephone and navi screen. But after the upgrade, I lost all the Music Collection CD titles.

Updates on my 325i.

Well engine oil leak was sipping slowly thus decided to overhaul the engine. Only to find that the engine was corroding internally. Well the car was still driveable and had no issues but decided to get the engine replaced with the e90 330i engine.

After replacing it .... hmm it feels really good. I am not a speed demon but on my recent NSH adventure, i could feel the power of the 3L from 120km/h all the way to 180km/h.

BBK seems to be the next upgrade but i need to change rims first.

Cheers

I have a abs connector fault. Going to visit workshop with quote and best solution

BV5015 said:
How much you spend for the engine and transplant
All in I spent 26K inclusive of GST. This would include the engine, overhaul of engine labour etc.

After driving it for a month or so, think i will now focus on restoring the interior instead of BBK (since i don't speed much).

F/C is 9.2km/L

Recent drive on NSH 350km - petrol used less then half tank. Time taken approx 3hrs incl of some slow traffic area.

Any recommendations in Johor for good place to redo the interior?

Cheers

BTW,

anyone using PB on their 325/330? I see a few on the market for sale and not sure whether it's any good?

Any review? & does it improve FC?

Cheers

29ers said:
All in I spent 26K inclusive of GST. This would include the engine, overhaul of engine labour etc.

After driving it for a month or so, think i will now focus on restoring the interior instead of BBK (since i don't speed much).

F/C is 9.2km/L

Recent drive on NSH 350km - petrol used less then half tank. Time taken approx 3hrs incl of some slow traffic area.

Any recommendations in Johor for good place to redo the interior?

Cheers
Y not swap in a good set of interior?
Btw, wch part of johor u at

Located Johor Bahru area.

You know any place to get used parts? I don't mind.

Cheers

I'm JB as well.
Try contact propel auto at spore. Thy do scrap used SG cars.
Btw.....10years old......

Godforsaken leather is good. Can try to get a quote from them.
Location at tampoi.
Thy do alcantara warp as well

Hi i'm Newbie here, plan to own BMW long time already. In my list 2006 325i seems affordable to me, but i scared the maintenance cost for this aging car. I heard high FC is common issue for this car old and i also worry about any leaking at the engine side after few KM out from shop. Dealer normally clean shining their engine and hard to inspect any leaking in their shop. any suggestion or recommendation? Thanks in advance... :rock:

Thanks for the recommendations will go hunting for my parts n get a quote for upholstery.

Maybe can see classified section for used cars. B

There is no way to be 100% sure when buying 2nd cars, the only thing u can be sure of, you need deep pockets. Common problem Oil Leak, gearbox, Aircon compressor, under arm noise, ignition coil. After u fix it it's probably good for another 5-6 years before things start to fail again, then repeat step 1.

FC depends how u drive. If u drive in city area lots, you will be contributing to the economy lots. On long highway runs this car has pretty decent FC, can easily achieve 10km/l.

Best to take over car from someone you know.

mdfarizal said:
Hi i'm Newbie here, plan to own BMW long time already. In my list 2006 325i seems affordable to me, but i scared the maintenance cost for this aging car. I heard high FC is common issue for this car old and i also worry about any leaking at the engine side after few KM out from shop. Dealer normally clean shining their engine and hard to inspect any leaking in their shop. any suggestion or recommendation? Thanks in advance... :rock:

My E90 325i pre-lci FC is around 5-6KM/L with avergae 50% town and 50% highway. If tranaslate to L/100KM it would be 18-19L/100km

Quite high if compare to my other cars. Normally RM50 ron95 only can stand for 2-3 days with less than 100km.

My only modifiaction is light weight 19" sport rims, the rest are stocks standard.

Is it normal or too high?

Top Bottom