How's your E90 325i doing so far?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Serummel

Hi everyone and all the sifus here,

Just wondering what part changes have you all done so far for your car to keep it running well and pristine?

Mine is a 2009 msport mileage about 120,000 km

Had. Some early days, engine cannot start. AB changed the engine block around 5,000km. So far so good

Under BSRI, changed windscreen due to some wind noise creeping in. Under 10,000km

24,000km engine died off going uphill; changed air low sensor and carried out programming

67,000km car cannot start, replaced Starter

120,000km Gear box oil change & ATF filter changed after I stumbled upon this forum and all read lots of advices from the sifus in here

My main problem now is that my FC averaging about 15.0l/100km; about 95% stuck in jam and idling and 5% short highway journey

Used to be around 11-12.0l/100km with 90% highway journey

Anyone willing to share what is your FC like now? Really would like to compare this. Tq

Done 130,000 KM, So far so good.

50% city 50% highway... same like bro jackiee ~12.5 l/100km.

Mine's a 2010 325i M sport with around 40000km mileage, average fc is about 15l/100km same as yours, is that normal? It's quite fuel consuming though.

Was worried about my FC. Will send to Ingress for a full diagnosis maybe next week

Look forward your update if if that will help.
I was planning for engine decarbon after my next service.
If 11-12L/100km is great with these model ^^

Serummel said:
Was worried about my FC. Will send to Ingress for a full diagnosis maybe next week

11-12L/100km consider light footer. If you do some spirit drives once a while definitely will go beyond 12 or even 13 14... Talking about FC, we are far away from 'D' cars. :D

BV5015 said:
Look forward your update if if that will help.
I was planning for engine decarbon after my next service.
If 11-12L/100km is great with these model ^^
Bro what is engine decarbon, where to do it and is it safe?

Kcarbon at SS21/1
It actually de-carbonized the deposited carbon in the engine. You may google to find out more.
Tired my clk n vito there.....can feel the engine run smoother n FC lower.

There's always a manual way to de-carbon. Which is rev rev and REV your engine on the road
Serummel said:
Bro what is engine decarbon, where to do it and is it safe?

Just to share.

Got myself an 06 e90 325i recently. The usual white smoke from exhaust and engine bay.

F/C when i got the car was 7km/l city driving. On NSH i could get 11-12 km/l

Send car to workshop for repair

Replaced Valve Cover which had warped, probably due to the heat, plus some of the usual components. WS diagnosed misfiring of ignition coil.

After repair

F/C city driving now is 9.2km/l NSH haven't got the opportunity to try yet.

At some stage next year i may just do a top overhaul to make sure engine is tip top.

Can you actual feel when there's misfiring ? Jerking feel?

29ers said:
Just to share.

Got myself an 06 e90 325i recently. The usual white smoke from exhaust and engine bay.

F/C when i got the car was 7km/l city driving. On NSH i could get 11-12 km/l

Send car to workshop for repair

Replaced Valve Cover which had warped, probably due to the heat, plus some of the usual components. WS diagnosed misfiring of ignition coil.

After repair

F/C city driving now is 9.2km/l NSH haven't got the opportunity to try yet.

At some stage next year i may just do a top overhaul to make sure engine is tip top.

BV5015 said:
Kcarbon at SS21/1
It actually de-carbonized the deposited carbon in the engine. You may google to find out more.
Tired my clk n vito there.....can feel the engine run smoother n FC lower.

There's always a manual way to de-carbon. Which is rev rev and REV your engine on the road
Bro,

thanks for the recommendation. Went Kcarbon at uptown and decarbon my car twice already. Definitely better pick up, better feel and now monitoring the FC.

I'm a happy man!!

Good stuff must share share ^^
You did it for your masili n bmw ?

Serummel said:
Bro,
thanks for the recommendation. Went Kcarbon at uptown and decarbon my car twice already. Definitely better pick up, better feel and now monitoring the FC.
I'm a happy man!!

BV5015 said:
Good stuff must share share ^^
You did it for your masili n bmw ?
LOL for the bmw. Press press pedal also damn syiok now. Got ooommphhh. Felt like driving a new virgin car

But....y twice for ur e90?
Serummel said:
LOL for the bmw. Press press pedal also damn syiok now. Got ooommphhh. Felt like driving a new virgin car

Coz mine 120k mileage. Tomas recommended me to do 2-3 times before the 20-25k interval. To try to completely decarbonise the old heart

Top Bottom