How to make e90 325 faster than Golf GTI MK6?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

energy

Club Guest
Hey guys,My buddy just ordered a Golf GTI MK6. He has been teasing me on the Golf's speed, grip and DSG.How to mod e90 325LCI to be faster than the Golf GTI MK6 for our showdown in Penchala Link in April.Not big mods like changing engine and etc... lar. Please advice. energy

.. pick a raining day.. that's how the 320is sapu all the podium places from Seat Leon TDI in WTCC.. :D

Force induction is a factor of 1.6 x 2.0L = 3.2L. How ur 325 want to play with them?! Get David Yong to assist la.. :D

BTW, the above factor remain correct when in comes to FC calculation! Do an FC challenge with them la.. :p :D

Change to lighter wheels, go for non-rft tyre's, reduce weight of the car as much as possible (driver also need to go on a diet :D), software re-flash, increase tire psi and so on ...

Aiyo! Die lar...

Anyway, I am thinking of ...
1) BMW performance air intake
2) chipping it. where to go? superchips in stuttgart, obermaier in jln ipoh or BVO in Spore?

switch off all driving aids, tease him back with some burnout, donuts and power slides.
I'm sure he'll feel like a gay after that.

the golf has 210bhp and 280nm of torque with a curb weight of around 1.3tonne...while our car has 218bhp and 250 nm torque but 300kg heavier and a tad slower gear shift compare with the super fast dsg....

another factor is, our rims is 18" and wider than the 17" rims with 225/45 aspect ratio....

but one thing for sure, our cars have wayy better driveability, NVH and smoothness for a long journey crusing.

so while the gti is a pocket rocket...ours is a better grand tourer.:top:

There are 2 other ways to beat the GTI MK6 with e90 325 Msport.
1) Long drive to Spore.
2) Complicated routes where Sat Nav is essential (golf has no Sat Nav and my buddy has yet to buy the Garmin portable sat nav).

The only way u can beat a mk6 is to CHEAT,BIGTIME! In a straight fight,u can forget about winning.

Chipping,filter,exhaust will only net negligible gains,u'll probably get used to it within 2days.Waste of money I say.

No need to fight him la..

remove your seats, carpet, spare tyre, gf's shoes, hangbag.. etc..

then, maybe able to do nose to nose..

and dont forget to remove yr 325 badge and put on M3 badge...some people say u make extra 1 bhp hehehe...just kidding

the best bang for your buck...performance filter and remap yr ECU

try Velocity Speed Booster. Its like sprint booster. i think this might help a bit.

this booster cuts down the pedal travel electronically with 4 steps of adjustment for your preference. Step 4 being the super fast pick-up time.

saw this fr BMW-SG club, selling like hotcakes.

another mod is the Volkers II spark plugs + some mod to the cable. This mod is proven to work which allows more sparks therefore cleaner burn resulting better response. This goes together with the booster and you might not lose out.

pussy;489514 said:
remove your seats, carpet, spare tyre, gf's shoes, hangbag.. etc..

then, maybe able to do nose to nose..

Like pussy mention ...take everything out to reduce weight. If can, replace all doors, bonnet, trunk etc to carbon fiber ....If cannot afford, try plastic or pp product :rock::rock:.:hahaha::hahaha: tht shud reduce weight and makes it a bit even.

:listen: btw, forget Pencala Link. Take the Gombak Toll to Karak Toll route. Since your E90 has better drivebility, the winding road shud be to your advantage.:top::top: provided you can handle the road at neck breaking speed :63::63::wink::wink:

Arma Racing had already completed the Turbo for E90 325i. Not sure if its reliable on N52. veli itchy also...

Spaceman;489535 said:
Arma Racing had already completed the Turbo for E90 325i. Not sure if its reliable on N52. veli itchy also...

Any link bro?

They have a S/C offering for the E90 4 cylinder but that's about it really (they also have a SC for E46 M3) ... the common beleive is that magnesium isn't very good with force induction apparently ... still it would be really interesting if someone boosted an N52 or N53 engine and prove them wrong ... that would be awesome :love:

Arma Racing is a taiwanese company by the way ... that's a pleasant surprise :top:

The only way our E90 325i auto will be faster than an MK6 GTi with DSG is if we push our car off the cliff.

Just give some lame excuse that its safety first for you, u dont race on the streets bla bla bla kaka.

Top Bottom