For Those Who Don’t Want to Install HIDs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ok ok..

will try both on my car. if osram is good enough, then will sell the hid kit..lol..

bmw7833;411754 said:
ok ok..

will try both on my car. if osram is good enough, then will sell the hid kit..lol..

bro, what model and year is your UDM. Get the right bulb and your problem should be solved.

benjie is willing to provide the correct or upgrade HID bulb for additional cost. Talk to him. BTW, I dunno who is benjie but one forummer have give him some positive rating.

BMW7833 is using a E39 like mine. Try it. It is a world of difference compared to the OEM bulb

E39 used H7 type bub. Just make sure the arcing chamber is 25mm from the base to get the correct focusing. As you can see from the H7 construction, the filament of the original bulb is slightly off centre. H7 HID bulb is in the centre line of the holder. This might create some problem on light pattern.

h7.gif

jarance;411772 said:
E39 used H7 type bub. Just make sure the arcing chamber is 25mm from the base to get the correct focusing. As you can see from the H7 construction, the filament of the original bulb is slightly off centre. H7 HID bulb is in the centre line of the holder. This might create some problem on light pattern.

h7.gif

You are awesome! :top:

525i;410739 said:
I just installed a pair of OSRAM Night Breakers on both my E34 and E39 and I must say the results are literally dazzling. I just tested both cars. I am already using Philips Vision Plus and these Night Breakers really outshine them. The lights are longer reaching and whiter and visibility is improved tremendously. Especially so in the E39.

Installation is plug and play as the volt/watt is the same as the original lights. Installs in minutes. No need for relays or harness which you need if you intend to use other above 55W bulbs.

udm68;411638 said:
Bro climenta, r u sure it's not cause by 2 much drinks?:wink:

No la bro, very sure coz I see ok during the day... even after hitting the pubs:D

Guys,

Make sure you check the price first before purchasing this Night Breaker. I've looked around and some shops even cost RM100 extra than what our friends here bought.

since it wont last long, i cant take the risk of fixing it as sometimes travel outstation. imagine it blow when travelling. highway is very dark looo.

totoro;411985 said:
since it wont last long, i cant take the risk of fixing it as sometimes travel outstation. imagine it blow when travelling. highway is very dark looo.

Even if you use your original bulbs it may last longer but you also won't know when it will blow. Thats why when you install the Nightbreakers, keep the original as spares in the car. That way you will be covered.

well, i got mine from PH Auto for RM90 today! change both my fog lamp & head beam to night breaker.

for those who's worry about being flag down by police for modification of bulb, i would say you guys won't have to worry coz itz not that white & glaring. Itz stil look yellowish with brighter beam. If you are expecting it near HID quality, you would be dissapointed.

overall, itz stil better than oem bulb if i may say...my 2 sen.

Now we are talking about 2 options ... HID and Night Breaker. Whats your opinion on the 3rd option, fix the relay and get the higher quality bulb? I heard with these, it will definitely be brighter and the bulb can last longer.

i think the 3rd wil attract traffic police to flag you down since itz likely to be too glary ....

once itz glaring & too white in colour, you can't help it but to pay the saman...

And if you put in the wrong "performance" type of bulb, (above 55W) you can run the risk of melting your wires and connectors. So please don't try this at home. If you want to use those bulbs, make sure the wiring harness are also upgraded.

525i;412530 said:
And if you put in the wrong "performance" type of bulb, (above 55W) you can run the risk of melting your wires and connectors. So please don't try this at home. If you want to use those bulbs, make sure the wiring harness are also upgraded.

No I wouldn't "upgrade" the wiring harness. I would rather run the power direct from a high power source and switch it with a relay.

Thanks but I'm confused here.

Can I sum up that I should get a proper wireman to use relay but limit it to the not-so-high-performance bulb? Correct me if I'm wrong ...

Guys, it all depend on the power rating of the bulb or system.

HID is high performance lighting yet the power consumption is only 35 watt as compare to normal halogen bulb (55 watts).

There are some so call "high performance" bulb which is rated to 110 Watt. This is almost double the load. You will need to upgrade the size of relay, fuse and wiring. A skilled wireman should be able to do the upgrade for you without much problem. But pls take care as your bulb is putting a constant load of 2 X 55 = 110 watt. When you use the high beam, there is another 110 watt to be considered. That means 330 watt as compare to 220 watt.

But there are highly efficient bulb that give better lux for the same power consumption (2 x 55 watt). This is the best option to go for without having to worry about the load and cable upgrade.

Jarance,

Whaa bro ... I love you laa. You managed to put some sense in my brain. So for now, let me try the Osram Night Breaker first. If it fails, then I'll consider the relay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you ...

Top Bottom