For Those Who Don’t Want to Install HIDs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
climenta;411107 said:
Taiko, do you happen to have their phone number(s) as well? We could try talking to them about a group / bulk buy for a better deal. Thanks:)

Tel: 03-7877 2288.

Don't think so la.. their prices are already damn cheap la.. u go to their shop, u will notice their parts delivery motorbikes are all same white color "cub-jai" and they have more "cub-jai" than the fast food outlets. :eek:

Dear WC9922,

Noticed that u wrote the bulb kaput "2 weeks later". Waa the life span soo short aaa?

buzzlie;411440 said:
Dear WC9922,

Noticed that u wrote the bulb kaput "2 weeks later". Waa the life span soo short aaa?

U have misunderstood. Left side bulb blew after 1 year, followed by the right side bulb 2 weeks later.

jarance;411073 said:
I think they understand. If they have doubt, they just saman you and ask you to do inspection at Puspacom. Puspacom will then confirm whether your headlight is HIS or not.

Please take note that JPJ will saman you to do inspection at Puspacom. This is the same as tinted glass.

Dont be too sure that they do.

The saman says "Mengubahsuai Melanggar Peraturan - .............." i.e. Illegal Modifications and the instruction is to remove and have the car inspected at JPJ with a stipulated time. You still pay the fine though.

I should know I got it.

One year sounds fair enough. Hmmm wonder whether we can get this from the normal spare part shops besides the shop mentioned in Sea Park. Anybody tried?

So now the next question ... JPJ approved or not? As per Saat, NOPE.

Any other options? My current original headlights are getting worse and I lost my 'BMW driving satisfaction' during night time months ago.

Anyone knows how much for a pair for an E46??? Too lazy to call la...

BlackCat

BlackCat;411567 said:
Anyone knows how much for a pair for an E46??? Too lazy to call la...

BlackCat

bro, not sure which one the e46 uses but nevertheless the selling price are as below: -

H1 (E34) RM95
H7 (E39) RM120

fyi, I'm using bulbs H1 for my ride.

buzzlie;411539 said:
One year sounds fair enough. Hmmm wonder whether we can get this from the normal spare part shops besides the shop mentioned in Sea Park. Anybody tried?

So now the next question ... JPJ approved or not? As per Saat, NOPE.

Any other options? My current original headlights are getting worse and I lost my 'BMW driving satisfaction' during night time months ago.

Check your eyes 1st la, I have a similar problem with driving at night caused by astigmatism:)

Out of topic a bit

Bro Saat,

I see the same avatar as yours in the Malfree GPS forums. Are you a member there? What GPS unit are you using?

Bro, can i use the osram night breaker bulb with the ballast which i bought from benjichris88?

bmw7833;411712 said:
Bro, can i use the osram night breaker bulb with the ballast which i bought from benjichris88?

NO. Osram is rated as 12VDC. Ballast output is >85VAC. :stupid:

Yes, if you want to see a fire from the headlamp. :stupid:

The bulb would most probably exploded due to over voltage from the ballast output supply.

For those who are interested to know, the ballast is actually a device which step up the 12VDC supply to 85 VAC supply. It also have a ignition circuit incorporate to ignite the arcing of the xenon gas in HID bulb. Once the gas is arcing, the arcing is kept alive via another circuit.

It a bit like you house hod fluorescent lamp. Older technology use a starter and a inductor. You will see that your lamp will flicker one or two time before it start light up. Newer technology used electronic ballast. When you switch on the Fl lamp come on immediately without flickering. :top:

does anybody has any idea what is the bulb type for E30 M20 spotlight?

Is this Osram night breaker has bulb cater for M20 spotlight? Tks...

jarance;411729 said:
NO. Osram is rated as 12VDC. Ballast output is >85VAC. :stupid:

Yes, if you want to see a fire from the headlamp. :stupid:

Ok, thanks.

So any branded ie Philips and Osram bulb i can use together with the ballast? Or i only can stay back with the bulb which come with the ballast?

bmw7833;411746 said:
Ok, thanks.

So any branded ie Philips and Osram bulb i can use together with the ballast? Or i only can stay back with the bulb which come with the ballast?

I have already say "NO"

It just like you are are using your car bulb and try to light it up with your house 24o VAC supply. :stupid:

Top Bottom