For Those Who Don’t Want to Install HIDs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i wonder if i were to install these night breakers on my E36, should i replace both high and low beams, and is it H7 type of bulb that suits E36? any help is appreciated!

hi ideoteque85... maybe it depends on how often do you need to use your high beam...on my e34...i've just changed the low beams and it's more than enough...perhaps...change the low beams first, try it out...and if need to, then change the high beams as well?

not sure which bulb e36 uses...but you can check here http://am_application.osram.info/publish/index_en.html

and by the way, I've checked with JPJ and these bulbs are legal...as long as it's not non-approved HID. The colour of the light is still yellowish... cheers

thanks for replying king82. i just changed the bulbs early this morning. E36, at least for mine, uses H1 bulbs. I bought them for RM70 each for low beams OSRAM night breakers as recommended by all here hehe. so far, it looks brighter than normal bulb but havent tried it at night. thanks!!!

hi bro...RM70 each? or per pair? if RM70 each is expensive oh...can get it for RM90 a pair at PJ...

hahahaha ************ they got me. sunday lesson received. never trust those auto accessory shops at Damansara Utama. especially on sunday morning. igt dah mintak kurang habis dah..from RM98 to RM70 each.. thanks for the heads up...next time i know

wow...that price...too much la that shop...i bought mine early august...don't think that the price would jump up that much right? never mind la...that shop lost your long term business already la...i think we would get cheated once in a while...anyway...if you're thinking to get the second pair for your high beam...try PH auto at seapark...most of us got ours there... cheers!

just got the Osram NB's H7, cant wait to see the difference tonight. RM120 PH Auto, no change in price though

Hi guys,
am wondering how does this Osram NB compares to the PIAA Xtreme Force? has anyone tried both?
i currently have the PIAA's Xtreme Force H7 4,700K installed on my E87 since Sept and so far it's been excellent during night & rainy days. much much brighter than ori halogen. passed a few jpj blocks without any prob. as long as it's just bulb mod and they can't find ballast i think shud be safe.

jaleeks23;472357 said:
Herbert, yes, H7 for high beams.
Anyone here using Philips Extreme Power? How much?

Jaleeks,

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of using Osram Night Breaker for my high beam. Anyone using Night Breaker for high bean and what is yr opinion??

I have just replaced by high beam with Osram Night Breaker and only a slight improvemance in terms of brightness.

Hi!

Am trying to decide whether to change to HID lights or just get the night breaker bulbs. Is JPJ still conducting roadblocks to check for illegal HID conversions? I havent heard/read about any lately. Anybody have experienced or gotten a summons for illegal HID?

BTW i was at Eneos 1Utama last weekend and noticed that they were selling Osram NBs H7 for RM 180. Same price at PH auto?

werke68;533375 said:
Hi!

Am trying to decide whether to change to HID lights or just get the night breaker bulbs. Is JPJ still conducting roadblocks to check for illegal HID conversions? I havent heard/read about any lately. Anybody have experienced or gotten a summons for illegal HID?

BTW i was at Eneos 1Utama last weekend and noticed that they were selling Osram NBs H7 for RM 180. Same price at PH auto?

What model/series is your ride?? Osram night breaker is for high beam only and is only slightly brighter than normal halogen. RM 180 is expensive as I bought mine from PH at RM120 for a pair.

I have HID 6000k headlights and also HID 6000 for fog lights. Brightness is just right at 6000k and sofar JPJ no problem with JPJ.

werke68;533375 said:
Hi!

bro,
Yes, it appeared that JPJ's crackdown operations on HID have been pretty quiet lately but the law remained. I believe it should be OK for 4300k HID. Even at that density, it is much brighter than Osram Night Breaker.

My ride is E39 2003 CKD. Yup JPj s been qiuet on the HID front but u never know out of the blue they suddenly decide to hv crackdown on illegal HIDs then we all pening kepala. As for the Osram NBs I gather from the Philips Patent HID bulb thread that NB only offer slight improvement over halogen bulbs not as bright/satisfying as xenon lights....so is it worth upgrading to NBs only?
:wink:

While everyone to looking for whiter and brighter light, I am actually looking for brighter and yellower lighting for my fog lights. Something like the Nokya Hyper Yellow we read about in the US forums.
I hope to get some advice from the members/forumers on what are the available options locally. Is there tinted lense,painted reflector , bulbs around in the market ?

Thanks in advance.

Any bros have tried out PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow. H11 is going at RM315 at Kakimotor. My main concern is heat which may destroy wiring and housing. Feedbacks are most appreciated.

Top Bottom