Regular bulbs vs bluish white bulbs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ALBundy;195328 said:
My right hand side just konked out last night.

NIAMAH!

That's what happen to me last time. Many times change bulb phillips, piaa and other brand but not last until I change to HID.
Now its time for you to change too to compliment yr powerful car:D

anakin;195259 said:
Fyi, I'm using that D2S too on my E30...but I had problem with..black spot,(black area when i on the light) dunno how to explain it to you..but it annoying me...do you have problem with that? Now, I'm back with standard light...:confused:

Could be due to the focusing or the wrong type of xenon bulb used. The focal length of the headlamp reflector play an important part in how the the light source from the HID is focus onto the road. If they are position too close or too far, the light source is disperse. In your case the bulb is too far out from the base. Xenon bulb have a tendency to built too long as compare to original bulb. I presume your original bulb is H1. Compare the original bulb to the Xenon bulb and see what is the difference.

BTW, does the E30 headlamp have a projector lens. If not better don't install the HID cos it will cause glaring to the oncoming vehicles.

e30 do have projector lense.

al, does the mech do replacement for your xenon, is it yr bulb or ballast?

hi...
guys newbie here..i need to buy HID 8000k borch about RM750 and angle eyes RM250..is it ok? or any suggestion?

ALBundy;195082 said:
I am using Philips D2S bulb together with AL ballast (which is the original BMW supplier and made in France). Got it from my mechanic whom I believed purchased it in bulk from AB. Cost less than 1k, and both my e36 and e34 have it. Been using it for 8 months on my e36, no problems whatsoever. Its about 4800K, I dont really bothered whether its 6000K, 8000K or 10000K, my hair is still black not red or blonde. And more importantly, I can see the roads clearly at night!:)

then you got problem to go uptown, ss or soho......bcos there are dark inside :p :p

Top Bottom