Faq about e60 frm experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmcaz

Club Guest
Hi guys, some time ago i was asking lots of questions and been reading this forum on e60. Mostly FAQs and stuff. Well ive learned few things since ive owned it for about a year now:1) upgrading to ccc - yup, if ur as anxious as me, you will wanna get rid of the freakin m-ask like i have in my model. My experience : i bought a full ccc set from ebay which cost me 4.5k. I thought i was smart (ya la, save more than going to AB which i heard is 20k). I installed it, and guess what, everything works well..... But no sound ... F&$k!!! Went to few xperts, even obermaier... But no remedy. Moral of the story, to upgrade from m-ask to ccc there is a different part number, and that kit is specially for UPGRADE. the ones in ebay wont work unless u got the correct part no. Now im happy with the frekin m-ask wit 6 cd changer. Want a better interface, i told myself work harder and buy F10!!2) rims - i hate the standard rims, so i got replica 18" Breytons.... Cheap only RM2.5k .. And i fitted tires as per all the sifus here advise. Funny, i compromised on the rims, but i fitted michelin ps3 which cost me about RM1250 per each. Nore expensive then my rims....Moral : 18" looks like my car got Polio. Big body small legs... Unless i lower the car with a giod lowering kit3) wood panel trim - sucks man ... Looks like i borrowed my dad car! So i decided to wrap 3M carbon fiber sticker. Looks damn nice, n cost me RM 500. Better than buying ori aluminum trim tat will cost a few k. Wanna c pics? Let me know4) servicing - some say must service every 10k, some say 25k. I oso not so sure. But one thing for sure is not cool to have "SERVICE DUE" on ur i-drive especially when you have a client in the car. Look like so frekin cheapo .... Cannot afford to service car! :39:5) head lamp - for gods sake, if your car is running with stock halogen, pls dont be a smarty lants and add HID kit to your car. The light scatter will piss people off and you look like a real cheapo. I want to change to LCI headlamp, but freakin xpensive! Also i keep thinking, if i spend 8k on light and tmrw my car accident? I'll hit my head on the wall! So wat i did is soend RM280 on PIAA halogen lights cant remember the model, i think its snow smthing smthing.... Gkves out white halogen lights without irritating other people...Well thats all for now... Owh, one more thing, dont buy your car from YAP Brothers aka Cahaya .... They are f*#ckin liarsCheerioz! Till next time

Owh im also looking a good way to lower my car without losing the comfort, if anyone have good ideas pls reply, or else, i will write it from my xperience again! And thats gonna be ouch on the pocket :p

bmcaz;595516 said:
Owh im also looking a good way to lower my car without losing the comfort, if anyone have good ideas pls reply, or else, i will write it from my xperience again! And thats gonna be ouch on the pocket :p

Original M-Sport suspension should be sufficient.. or else go for KW Variant 2... right combination of sportiness and comfort

The forever helpful bro thule. Thanks for the advise. Which are you using? The m-sport or the kw? Also, do u think i should change the absorber together with the springs? Sum recomend just geting the eibach pro springs but i reckon it will be a hard ride. Whats your experience?

bmcaz;595514 said:
3) wood panel trim - sucks man ... Looks like i borrowed my dad car! So i decided to wrap 3M carbon fiber sticker. Looks damn nice, n cost me RM 500. Better than buying ori aluminum trim tat will cost a few k. Wanna c pics? Let me know
Thanks for sharing, bro. Where did you do it? Care to share some photos?
Cheers

if the CCC you bought from ebay is 2nd Hand then it won't work as it cannot be coded to your car...unless you have a programmer that can alter the vehicle identification code in the CCC coded earlier to the original car...

bmcaz;595821 said:
The forever helpful bro thule. Thanks for the advise. Which are you using? The m-sport or the kw? Also, do u think i should change the absorber together with the springs? Sum recomend just geting the eibach pro springs but i reckon it will be a hard ride. Whats your experience?

KW Variant 2 from what I've heard is good! But in real life, I have never tasted how it feels. I'm usin my standard M-Sport suspension and so far it didn't let me down :top: my advice? Stick to original BMW stuff and in this case M-Sport suspension. Lowering ur ride by 15mm should be enough! Btw, on contrary.. I'm using original Breyton Race GTS 18" rim :D

t2ribena;595860 said:
if the CCC you bought from ebay is 2nd Hand then it won't work as it cannot be coded to your car...unless you have a programmer that can alter the vehicle identification code in the CCC coded earlier to the original car...

Yup. It was second hand. And i couldnt find anyone who can recode it. Been to few places, and even discussed and analyzed the problem with one of AB engineeers. ... Lugi lugi lugi almost 6k oredi

One thing I agree though.. YAP brother sucks!!!
Went there twice and treated like shit!! Maybe because i wore shorts an t-shirt? The salesmen were f**king arrogant. In other words, LCLY!! :thefinger:

bmcaz;595516 said:
Me using stock absorber with eibach. Quite comfortable also and not so lowered with 19 inch rim. But at high speed a bit bumpy as stock absorber too soft.

thule;596070 said:
One thing I agree though.. YAP brother sucks!!!
Went there twice and treated like shit!! Maybe because i wore shorts an t-shirt? The salesmen were f**king arrogant. In other words, LCLY!! :thefinger:

yeahh they really suck! they not even to come to me when i been there...

hi bro thule, do you mind putting up a pic of you car (side view) so i can have a look how your car looks like with the msport absorbers with 18" rims?

As for Bro Jerman, i cant figure out how to post a picture. Please PM me your email and i will email them to you :p

Hi bro thule;

Could you please be so kind and put-up a picture of your m-sport with 18" rims (side view) please. I would like to see the difference comparing to mine. Bro Jerman, i cant figure out how to put up a pic in the forum. PM me your email and i will send it to you.

Cheerioz!

bmcaz;596877 said:
Hi bro thule;

Bro Jerman, i cant figure out how to put up a pic in the forum. PM me your email and i will send it to you.
Cheerioz!

By the way, to upload a photo in the forum, you just need to copy the IMG Code from the photograph in Photobucket and paste it in your post.

Here goes nothing! Hope it works!

f253d217.jpg

9dd14575.jpg

c1b46076.jpg

Cost was 500, this was inclusove of the panels at the back seat doors :)

Hey! That looks pretty good. I shall think of that when either my daughter or me messes up the wood trim I have now :)

If one day i decided to peel it off can it be done DIY? Will it spoil the wood trim?

Bmcaz..that was cheap and the workmanship looks good too !
Mind sharing the place..need to do up the e36 lah..!Still ori wood paneling..!

This is a carbon fiber sticker. And no it wont spoil the wood panelling at all. Once ur bored with it u can peel it off right away, and polish the wood trim and it will look as good as new. Since so many ppl asking. Can i put the guys no at this public forum or i will be breaching some policies?

Cheerioz!

bmcaz;596498 said:
hi bro thule, do you mind putting up a pic of you car (side view) so i can have a look how your car looks like with the msport absorbers with 18" rims?

bro bmcaz,
I will try to take a picture this weekend and hopefully get the picture up by early next week Ok? Been busy with works right now due to the holiday seasons which is near :D

bmcaz;597330 said:
Cost was 500, this was inclusove of the panels at the back seat doors :)

you did mention that the lamination was using 3M materials right??? for RM500 that is very cheap.. coz everywhere I ask definitely cost more than RM1k :eek:
Mind to PM me on where you did the lamination??? Might consider to do so

Top Bottom